• Published 17th Aug 2019
  • 2,885 Views, 255 Comments

Light and Darkness - FandomPlays1234



When two gods come face to face, the war between light and darkness and good and evil begins

  • ...
3
 255
 2,885

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 34: Subspace Military Base

After Kirby defeated Pac-Man in a battle, he was able to open up a path leading to the entrance of the base that was discovered by Rainbow Dash during their attempts to enter the strange military base. Unfortunately, the path to the entrance was blocked by three spirits and Starlight's party were forced to battle their way to the front. Luckily for them, the spirits showed no sign of extreme hostility and were easily defeated within minutes by their challengers. After defeating the puppet Dr. Mario and his army of Snake doppelgangers, Starlight and her party were able to reach the entrance.

"So how do we get in?" asked Piranha Plant.

"If anybody's good with technology, maybe they can hack into this computer," suggested Villager.

"I don't think there's any tech geeks here at the moment," said Bowser.

"Wait," said Ember. "Didn't you get a spirit that's good for situations like these?" she asked Starlight.

"Maybe," said Starlight. She opened up her album and flipped through the pages. "I don't see anybody that could possibly be useful," said Starlight.

"Hey aren't you forgetting someone?" a voice asked. Confused Starlight flipped to one of the pages as Hal Emmerich's spirit jumped out. "You said you need a hacker right?" asked Hal.

"Can you?" asked Starlight.

"Leave it to me," said Hal. He hovered over to the control pad and began punching buttons. Within seconds the screen flashed followed by a loud beep as the base's doors slowly opened. Starlight's party watched in awe as the doors came to a stop. "You'll want to have me when you get inside too so I'll stick around you guys for the moment," said Hal.

"We really appreciate it Hal," said Starlight. "Alright let's get going," She walked through the open door with her party not noticing the fighter watching them from the distance. They walked around looking for a way in and eventually found an unlocked door around at the back. They entered and found themselves in a dark corridor lit up by the lights on the walls.

"It's so dark in here," said Falcon

"I'm scared," said Olimar.

"Fear not young one, we're here,"said Eleven.

"He's right, we can protect you if you're scared," said Peach.

"But it does give off an ominous presence," said Lucario.

"Poyo," said Kirby.

"Let's move forward to see if we can find anything," said Starlight. She started down the dark corridor as her party followed behind. They eventually came across an open area where the path splits into three. In the center were 8 2D fighters that moved around in frames like paper figures.

"Are those paper people?" asked Cadence.

"No that's just Mr. Game and Watch," answered Link. "Eight of them to be exact,"

"Which means they're puppets," said Ryu.

"Can I take these guys?" asked Spike. "They look pretty weak,"

"You can, but I wouldn't underestimate their strength if I were you," said Starlight. Spike shrugged as he approached the eight puppets.

"Oh this outta be good," said Bowser.

"Even if he did defeat one Incineroar, this is eight Game and Watches we're talking about," said Bowser. "He's going to get outnumbered for sure,"

"Done," said Spike.

"What?" asked Bowser.

"Yeah I was right, they were pretty weak," said Spike. "They got launched so easily,"

"Well you can forget about your logic Bowser," said Ember.

"Damn," cursed Bowser. Spike handed Starlight the spirit and she continued forward considering the other two paths were blocked off by laser barriers with the number two. As they continued down the corridors they came across another open area only this time, there was a large monitor to their right.

"Over there," said Hal. Starlight followed Hal as he hovered over to the monitor with a big 1 ion the screen. He began punching buttons and after messing around with the keypad, there was a loud beep as the screen pulled up a map of the base. It then showed all the rooms blocked off by the barrier labeled one were now accessible. "Nice," said Hal.

"Thanks for the assist," said Starlight.

"There seems to be another room down the corridor across from here," said Pac-Man.

"Let's check it out," suggested Starlight. She began walking towards the corridor across from them which led to another room containing a large computer system with four monitors. "So do we hit all of them?" asked Starlight.

"No there is most likely that only one of those monitors is the one to deactivate the barriers," said Hal.

"So how do we know which is the real one?" asked Starlight. Hal hovered over to each monitor and inspected it. After a while, Hal hovered over to the monitor on the right end and began punching buttons. Sure enough, there was a loud beep as the map of the base appeared and the barriers that were disabled were marked. "Wow Hal, how did you know?" asked Starlight.

"A wild guess," answered Hal. "Now come, let's keep moving," Twilight sighed in disappointment to find out that Hal wasn't actually a mad genius that she hoped he would be. They walked back the way they came from as and began walking down the corridor to their left to explore more of the base. They eventually came across a split path and Hal suggested that they took the right path to see if there was anything. Starlight agreed and led her party into another small room containing another monitor with the number 4 on screen.

"Geez how do we keep getting lucky?" asked Falcon.

"We just do," said Sunset.

"Guess I can't argue with that logic," said Falcon. Once again Hal hovered over to the monitor and began punching more buttons. A loud beep was heard as the map appeared. The barriers labeled 4 was disabled and marked on the map.

"There we go," said Hal.

"At this rate we'll be able to clear out this base in no time," said Peach.

"So according to the map, there is another room if we go down the other path where the monitor to disable all the barriers labeled 3 should be locate," said Hal. "If we do that, we can go to the room where monitor to shut down barrier 5 is located,"

"We don't have to go disable that barrier do we?" asked Villager.

"No, but if we do, we can access the room where the captive fighter is located," said Hal.

"A fighter huh?" asked Starlight. "I think it be better if we do it,"

"Agreed," said Mario.

"Let's hurry then," said Skystar. They left the room and took the other corridor which led to a giant room containing large crates of material.

"This must be a storage of some sort," said Mario.

"There," said Skystar," pointing a large monitor at the end of the room.

"We need to go there," said Hal.

"Then let's get going," said Starlight. She began to walk down the right alleyway but was stopped by a a strange fighter that was waiting for her. The fighter's body was made up entirely of strange green wire frames like the typical computer program but seemed to resemble a human with boxing gloves.

"Who?" asked Cadence.

"Is that Little Mac?" asked Peach.

"Seems like it," answered Link.

"Let's just get this over with," said Starlight.

"You want quick?" asked Mario. "Then it's better to send someone who can fly

"Ooh, I'll go!" said Skystar.

"We're counting on you," said Starlight.

"Make sure to stay in the air," said Mario. Skystar stepped up as Little Mac turned to face her.

"Hiya," said Skystar. Little Mac didn't say anything as he rushed forward and attempted to punch her. Skystar quickly retreated to the air leaving Mac on the ground. Little Mac looked up and jumped, trying to bring her down.

"Wow why does Little Mac suck at jumping?" asked Spike. Twilight hit her hoof against him and glared. "What I'm just saying," complained Spike.

"Little Mac's punches are extremely powerful, which means that he's mostly a ground fighter," explained Lucario.

"So I guess it means that if he's so good on ground, he's weak while he's in the air," said Sunset.

"Exactly," said Link. Meanwhile, as the others were chatting, Little Mac was struggling to get Skystar to come down and was constantly getting beat. As Little Mac tried to jump, Skystar would pluck him out of the air and toss him around like a little rag doll. His assist character he summoned wasn't being helpful either. After a long struggle, Little Mac fell and the spirit was freed from the puppet's body.

"Finally got the spirit," said Skystar flying over to the party.

"Very good," said Hal.

"But we're not done yet," said Starlight. "How's everyone holding up?" she turned around as most of her party members looked exhausted. "You all look tired, should we take a break for now?" Everyone nodded. "Alright then, 20 minute break and then we keep moving," said Starlight

Author's Note:

Chapter 34 complete. Finally they made it to the military base, and already they're getting close to the boss. They just have to fight with a couple more spirits and eventually the captive fighter here before facing the boss. Once they do that, they'll have only one more boss remaining before the face off with Galeem. Just some changes, the Revolver Ocelot has been removed and the spirits from the number 2 monitor has been skipped, cause those spirits aren't exactly required. I've decided to save the Sigma spirit battle and the Megaman battle after the boss mostly because I want Starlight and her party to defeat the boss first so the story can keep going.

PreviousChapters Next