• Published 17th Aug 2019
  • 2,873 Views, 255 Comments

Light and Darkness - FandomPlays1234



When two gods come face to face, the war between light and darkness and good and evil begins

  • ...
3
 255
 2,873

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 37: Welcome to the Jungle

Snake landed on his feet as he wiped the blood off his face. He looked up as the familiar blue robot took a step towards him. About 15 minutes ago, Starlight and her party had defeated the boss of the Subspace Military Base, Galleom, and were now getting ready to head out to set up camp. Unfortunately they, were stopped at the entrance by a fighter in all blue. The fighter, Mega Man, had suddenly attacked them and prevented Starlight and her party from proceeding unless they defeated him. Snake who had willingly volunteered to defeat the super fighting robot was just about badly bruised, but so was Mega Man.

"Come on Snake finish him!" said Rainbow Dash. Snake looked back at her then back at Mega Man. Sparks flew out from different parts of his body

"Come on," said Snake. Mega Man glared at him with his glowing red eyes as he charged towards him. As he attempted to grab him, Snake quickly rolled to the side and hit him on the back, knocking him to the ground. Mega Man got to his feet and glared at Snake. He smirked as he held up a small detonator. Mega Man looked at him confused as Snake pointed his thumb behind him. Mega Man turned around to find a C4 attached to his back. He looked back at Snake with a terrified look. "There," Snake hit the detonator, triggering an explosion that sent Mega Man flying. His body landed in front of the party as light burst out.

"Well that's a rough way to end things," said Ember. Snake walked back to the party and knelt down next to Mega Man.

"Hey wake up buddy, you back?" asked Snake. Mega Man's eyes flashed as he slowly sat up.

"Whoa what happened?" he asked.

"Yep he's back," said Skystar. He looked up at Snake then at the party.

"Who are you and where am I?" asked Mega Man. So Starlight and her party took turns introducing themselves and explaining to Mega Man their objectives. "So you're going to Galeem eh?" asked Mega Man. "I assume to kick his divine ass?"

"Pretty much," said Bowser. "And you don't need to tell us, we know you're coming," Snake helped Mega Man to his feet.

"By the way, Mega Man do you know any place where we can camp for tonight?" asked Starlight.

"The only place I know is just outside Kongo Jungle," said Mega Man.

"Good enough," said Starlight. She turned to face the rest of her party. "Alright, we'll rest up for tonight and prepare to head out again tomorrow," she said. Everyone nodded in agreement as Starlight led them out of the base. Once they were out, Mega Man took them to a safe spot so that they could set up camp. They quickly set up and headed off to bed early due to their exhaustion. They woke up the following morning, ate breakfast, packed up and set out immediately. Upon entering the jungle, they ran into two split paths.

"So which way?" asked Peach.

"There appears to be a shop if we took the left path," said Starlight studying the map. "I think it be good if we check it out," Not too long after entering the jungle, they were met by a small monkey wearing a green hat and shirt. Olimar, although hesitant, wasted no time in defeating the puppet and freeing the Deku Link spirit. They continued further down and were met with another puppet containing a spirit. This time four puppet Wendy blocked their path which Piranha Plant defeated without too much trouble. They continued through the forest and eventually reached the entrance of the shop Starlight had mentioned earlier.

"This is it huh?" asked Ryu.

"According to the map, yes," answered Starlight. She lowered the map to see a human with a large red sword slung over his shoulder standing in front of the store. He wore no shirt and his blonde hair flowed in the wind. Next to him was a smaller version of Link with large cartoon eyes.

"Oh great Shulk and Toon Link eh?" asked Lucario.

"They look powerful," said Cadence.

"I'll handle this," said Link. "I won't be long," He drew the Master Sword and stepped forward. Shulk smirked as he pulled out a small object from his pocket. It was golden and green with small wings on it's back and large clamps in the front. "Ah shit," cursed Link.

"What's that?" asked Sunset.

"Oh no," said Captain Falcon. Shulk threw the object at Link as he quickly sidestepped. The object flew past him and into one of the trees. The object clamped onto the trunk, then without warning, yanked the entire tree and flew upwards with it.

"Oh," said Sunset. Twilight fell on the ground, unconscious as Rainbow's jaw dropped.

"That's dangerous!" yelped Spike. Suddenly Toon Link pulled one out as well and threw it at Link. Link quickly sidestepped once more to avoid getting caught by the object

"That was close," said Link. He turned to face the puppet Shulk and Toon Link. With no objects in their hands, they drew their swords and charged. Link's sword cashed with both of theirs as they engaged in a two against one duel.

"Let's go Link!" cheered Starlight. The three swords continued to clash and on random moments, more of the same items began spawning on the field, allowing Shulk and Toon Link to snatch them up to throw them at Link. With the clashing swords and the dangerous items, the battle grew more challenging and eventually Link was knocked down. He looked up as Shulk and Toon Link approached with their blades raised.

"Oh no, Link!" gasped Starlight.

"Wait," said Mario. He held out his arm to hold Starlight back as she attempted to run out and help.

'What is it?" asked Starlight.

"Look," said Mario. Starlight looked over to Link who was still on the ground. As the two prepared to plunge their blades into Link, He smirked and threw two of the items which clamped onto Shulk and Toon Link. The two yelped as they were carried towards the heavens by the objects. Link got to his feet as Starlight and Mario ran over to him.

"Link are you alright?" asked Starlight.

"Yeah, I'm fine, thanks," said Link.

"You're so sneaky aren't you?" asked Mario.

"I guess you could say that," said Link. Suddenly a small light flashed behind Link as a spirit appeared.

"Oh ho, Link!" said the spirit.

"Wait Beedle," you were the spirit?" asked Link.

"You bet, " said the spirit. "Thanks for saving me old bud,"

"Yeah, no problem," said Link. "Is this your shop?"

'That's right," said Beedle. "You wanna take a look?"

"Not me," said Link. "Her," He pointed a finger at Starlight.

"Hi," she said.

"Oi, you got strange friend there, but aye customer is a customer," said Beedle. "Come in miss," Starlight chuckled as she walked into the store. Link and Mario waited with the rest of the party while Starlight took the time to look through Beedle's shop. She eventually came out without anything.

"Nothing?" asked Link.

"No just looking around," answered Starlight.

"I see," said Link.

"Well where next Starlight?" asked Villager.

"Do you even have to ask?" Starlight smirked. "We keep going,"

"I guess that's the only logical explanation," said Villager.

"Aye, come back again!" said Beedle. Starlight said goodbye to the store owner as she continued through the jungle to her next challenge.

Author's Note:

Chapter 37 complete. So the fighter waiting for them was Mega Man eh? Nice to see him join Starlight's team. but now they're heading into the jungle. Wonder what they'll find there hmm? As of now, they've already battled with three spirits. But maybe they'll run into some unexpected guests sooner or later.

PreviousChapters Next