• Published 17th Aug 2019
  • 2,873 Views, 255 Comments

Light and Darkness - FandomPlays1234



When two gods come face to face, the war between light and darkness and good and evil begins

  • ...
3
 255
 2,873

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 24: Backtrack to the Race Tracks

Starlight examined the map that Anna had given her as she led her party back onto the bridge.

"So where to next?" asked Peach.

"Actually if you guys don't mind I would like to go back to Anna's place to see if she has anything in store for us," said Starlight. Mario reached over and took the map and studied it.

"That would mean we would have to go back down the mountain," said Mario.

"Yeah I know, but it would be a perfect opportunity to see what's in that stadium that we didn't get to go in before," said Starlight. "Plus there's apparently another path that we can take now that we have the Kapp'n spirit,"

"Actually yeah, that doesn't sound like a bad idea," said Villager.

"Perfectly fine with me," said Ember.

"So everyone agrees?" asked Starlight. She looked up as the party nodded their heads in unison. "Alright, then let's go team!" Starlight led her party back down the mountain and once again passed by the small village with the closed gates. Eventually they reached the stadium and entered to find the race tracks swarming with puppet fighters.

"Ah geez, there's more in here," groaned Bowser.

"Let's clean this up quickly so we can leave earlier," said Starlight.

"But wait, that track doesn't look big enough for all of us," said Cadence.

"That's why I was going to go alone," said Starlight.

"What are you crazy or something?" asked Sunset. "I'm coming too," Sunset walked over and joined Starlight by her side.

"Anybody else?" asked Starlight. Kirby smiled as he walked over to her.

"I think the rest of us are fine here," said Peach.

"Alright then," said Starlight. "We'll be back before you know it," she took the album and walked towards the track while the rest went up to the bleachers. The first puppet fighters the three ran into was Sonic, Fox, and Ness who were waiting for them at the start of the track. "Wow three of them, perfect numbers," said Starlight.

"Poyo," said Kirby.

"So who wants to take who?" asked Starlight.

"I'll go for the fox," said Sunset.

"And you Kirby?" asked Starlight. Kirby looks at Starlight and points at Sonic.

"Very well, guess I'll take the kid then," sighed Starlight. The pair of trio looked each other in the eye as they took their stance. After some time, Sonic ran towards Kirby and attempted to kick him. But Kirby dodged his attack and grabbed him. He punched Sonic several times before throwing him behind him. Kirby ran after Sonic while Sunset charged at Fox, leaving Starlight and Ness to face each other.

"PK Thunder!" Ness put his fingers to the side of his head as a ball of electricity zipped towards Starlight. Starlight teleported out of the way and appeared behind Ness, kicking him in the back and sending him face planting into the ground. Ness got to hi feet and dusted himself off as Starlight charged at him. He turned around and flicked his fingers at Starlight.

"PK Fire!" A small spark flew out and ignited upon making contact with Starlight resulting in a pillar of fire. Starlight yelped as she quickly dropped onto the ground and began rolling around, trying to put out the flames. Meanwhile, Sunset was having trouble dealing with Fox's speed.

"Damn," Sunset cursed as she slid back. "How can be so fast?"Fox looked at her and flicked his fingers towards himself.

"Come on!" he said taunting her.

"Oh you want me to come over there?" hissed Sunset. "I'll come over there," She charged at Fox in attempts to try and hit him, but he quickly evaded the attack and knocked her back with some kicks to the chest. Kirby wasn't having an easy time either. He yelped as Sonic spin dashed into him. Kirby jumped up as Sonic wiggled his finger at him.

"You're too slow," he snickered. Kirby tilted his head with a confused look as Sonic ran towards him for another attack. Kirby quickly evaded the attack as he grabbed Sonic just a the right moment. He punched him several times before throwing him onto the ground and stomped him multiple times with rapid speed before jumping on top of him knocking him into the air. As Sonic tried to recover Kirby jumped up and drilled downward on top of Sonic with his feet. Sonic landed face first into the ground as Kirby quickly pulled out a hammer and began charging up an attack. As Sonic got to his feet, he glared at Kirby with his red eyes and charged. Kirby's hammer ignited and as Sonic prepared to attack, Kirby swung his hammer into his stomach with great force, sending him flying into the bleachers. Sonic's limp body fell on the ground as light burst out and his body crumbled into dust. Kirby looked over to Sunset and Starlight and ran over to help them.

"Too fast," Starlight gasped. Ness held up his bat, waiting for Starlight to make a move. Starlight began charging up another magic attack as Ness smirked and prepared to absorb the attack. She hurled the ball of magic as Ness pulled up the projectile absorbing shield when Kirby suddenly appeared behind him and smashed him in the back with his hammer.

"Kirby!" Starlight gasped. Ness was sent flying into the ball of magic doing massive damage and sent Ness flying into the bleachers.

"Poyo!" cheered Kirby.

"Thanks Kirby," Starlight said smiling.

"Poyo!" Kirby laughed. Suddenly Ness jumped out from the bleachers with his bat in his hand.

"You're going to pay for that," he said.

"Come on then," said Starlight. Ness put his finger to the side of his head as an orb of electricity appeared. Kirby raised his hammer and began charging up another attack.

"PK Thunder!" The orb of electricity zipped over his head and into Ness's back sending him flying towards them. Just as he got close, Kirby smashed him in the face with his burning hammer, and sent him flying back into the bleachers where his limp body crumpled onto the ground as light burst out.

"Nice work," said Starlight.

"Poyo!" Kirby happily raised his hammer.

"Come on, let's go help out Sunset," said Starlight.

"Poyo," said Kirby. The two quickly ran off to support their friend. Sunset got to her feet as Fox approached her.

"Is that all?" laughed Fox.

"Not yet," winced Sunset.

"Too bad this is where I finish you," laughed Fox.

"We'll see about that," said Starlight.

'What?" asked Fox. Then, without warning, Kirby grabbed Fox from behind and jumped up before throwing him into the ground. Fox was knocked into the air where Kirby spun around, kicking Fox into a blast of magic from Starlight. Fox stopped himself by performing back flips and landed feet first on the ground. Starlight walked up next to Sunset as Kirby helped her up.

"You alright Sunny?" asked Starlight.

"Now that you're here, I'm fine," said Sunset.

"Let's finish this up fast," said Starlight. Fox growled as he pulled out his blaster and started firing at them. Kirby ran forward dodging the lasers and grabbed him punching him several times, then flipping backwards and throwing Fox behind him where Sunset kicked him into the air with a back flip. Starlight jumped up and knocked Fox back with a punch where Kirby was waiting with his hammer. He jumped up and slammed the burning hammer into Fox's back and sent him flying out of the stadium.

"Yeah nice combo," said Starlight.

"That's what I call teamwork," said Sunset.

"Poyo!" cheered Kirby. At that moment, the spirit appeared in front of them. Starlight opened the album as the spirit hopped in.

"Well that's that," said Starlight.

"What now?" asked Sunset.

"I believe there were more puppets," said Starlight.

"I guess we should take care of them," said Sunset.

"Agreed," said Starlight. With that the three made their way over to the next spirit that was waiting for them.

Author's Note:

Chapter 24 complete. And we're back to the race tracks. Yes, we're going back and actually it looks like Starlight and her party are heading in the direction to the next boss. But first they have to free the spirits in the racing stadium as well as the fighter that's waiting for them. Maybe even someone that Starlight knows?

PreviousChapters Next