• Published 17th Aug 2019
  • 2,884 Views, 255 Comments

Light and Darkness - FandomPlays1234



When two gods come face to face, the war between light and darkness and good and evil begins

  • ...
3
 255
 2,884

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 10: Anna the Shopkeeper

It wasn't long after Starlight managed to free Twilight's spirit from Galeem's control that the group decided to have a lunch break. As the group settled down in a nearby field to eat lunch, Starlight explained the situation to Twilight.

"So you're telling me this Galeem is the one responsible for turning us into these quote on quote spirits?" asked Twilight.

"Exactly, and unless we defeat Galeem these spirits will remain under the clutches of Galeem," added Mario.

"Honestly I find this hard to believe," said Twilight.

"It sounds ridiculous yes, but it's the truth," said Starlight.

"I see, well alright then, I'll help," said Twilight,

"Really?" asked Starlight.

"Of course, I owe you one for saving me back there," said Twilight.

"Great, once we finish lunch we can start heading out," said Mario. The group quickly finished up and packed their things as they continued along their way. It wasn't until they ran into another puppet.

"It looks like Jigglypuff this time," said Villager.

"Alright let's get this over with," said Starlight.

"Is this one of those spirit battles she mentioned?" asked Twilight.

"That's right," answered Villager. "Watch and learn,"

"Poyo!" exclaimed Kirby. Starlight stepped up to the puppet Jigglypuff who stared back at her with glowing red eyes. Sylveon hovered over Starlight and began sending her power as usual.

"What's Sylveon doing?" asked Twilight.

"As a spirit, they have two ways of helping fighters," explained Mario. "The first is primary spirits which powers up a fighter's stats and then support spirits which adds additional effects to help increase the chance of winning over the opposing spirit,"

"Because Sylveon is a Primary Spirit, she has to send Starlight power to strengthen her attacks," added Villager.

"Ah this is so much interesting information and I can't even take notes!" groaned Twilight.

"Yep the struggle is real," said Villager.

"Very funny Villager," pouted Twilight. Villager snickered as he refocused on the battle. Starlight had grabbed the puppet Jigglypuff and was hitting it several times before throwing her off to the side. Jigglypuff jumped off the ground and onto her feet. She looked towards Starlight and noticed she was standing right in front of a large cliff. The puppet Jigglypuff smirked.

"I bet if I use rollout I can knock her off the cliff," snickered the spirit. "Well hope this works," Jigglypuff got onto it's side and began rolling. Starlight saw what it was trying to do and attempted to step back when she realized she was standing on the edge of a cliff. Starlight yelped and stepped forward again. Looking down she could see the waves crashing against the side of the cliff.

"Oh no," said Starlight.

"Careful Starlight, you don't want to fall off!" Villager called out to her.

"Of course I don't wanna fall!" Starlight exclaimed. That's when it hit her. She looked a Jigglypuff who was still rolling in place. "Wait maybe," said Starlight.

"Star, what are you planning?" Sylveon asked in a concerned tone.

"Let's hope this works," said Starlight.

"What are you doing?" Sylveon asked. Starlight didn't respond. Instead she kept her eye on Jigglypuff and waited. The Jigglypuff came barreling towards her.

"Starlight she's coming right for you," said Sylveon.

"I know," Starlight replied as kept her eyes on Jigglypuff. Jigglypuff continued to roll towards her a t great speed, but Starlight didn't move. "Wait for it," Starlight mumbled. Just as Jigglypuff was several feet from where she was, Starlight quickly rolled to the side as Jigglypuff zipped past her and off the cliff. Jigglypuff's screams echoed throughout the area as a pillar of light erupted from the spot Jigglypuff had landed.

"Wow it actually worked," said Starlight.

"Oh my god Starlight what were you thinking!?" exclaimed Sylveon.

"What it worked didn't it?" asked Starlight.

"That was the most disrespectful thing I've ever seen," said Villager as they walked up to Starlight.

"What does making a puppet roll off a cliff have anything to do with respect?" asked Starlight.

"It's a Smash term," said Mario. Starlight looked at Villager with a confused look on her face.

"You'll figure it out eventually," said Villager.

"Ok?" said Starlight even more confused.

"Hey!" a voice called out. The group turned around to see the spirit floating up from below the cliff. "Thanks for leaving me down there," groaned the spirit.

"Sorry," apologized Starlight.

"Eh whatever," shrugged the spirit. She didn't say more and just hoped into the album.

"Well shall we continue?" asked Mario. They all nodded. So the group continued to walk down the path until they saw a small building standing on the side of a cliff. A figure stood in front of the building as if they were waiting for something.

"Who's that?" asked Villager.

"Looks like they're trying to get in," said Twilight.

"Should we help?" asked Starlight.

"If you want," replied Villager. Starlight asked no questions and walked over to the figure. As she got closer, Starlight could hear the figure mumbling something.

"Um excuse me do you need help with something?" asked Starlight. The figure turned around and stared at Starlight with glowing red eyes.

"Ah shit," cursed Villager.

"Lucina?" asked Mario.

"Who?" asked Twilight.

"No just another puppet," said Villager.

"Well only one thing to do," said Starlight. She stepped forward ready to engage the puppet into a battle. Lucina didn't say anything and drew her sword. Starlight rushed forwards as Lucina raised her blade. "Nope," said Starlight as she hurled a ball of magic towards her. Lucina quickly raised her arms to shield herself but not before Starlight suddenly appeared in front of her. She grabbed Lucina and hit her a couple of times before throwing into the ball of magic. Lucina slid to a stop after being knocked back. At that moment Starlight appeared behind her and kicked her in the back and sent her flying into a nearby tree.

"How in Celestia's name did she learn how to fight like that?" asked Twilight with a surprised look on her face.

"Let's just say she learns fast by doing," said Mario. The group refocused their attention and watched the rest of the battle. Lucina groaned as she grabbed her sword and rushed forward in attempts to slash at Starlight. As Lucina thrusted the blade forward, Starlight stepped off to the side to avoid getting sliced.

"Stop moving!"Lucina hissed.

"Nope," said Starlight. She smacked the blade away from her face and tackled Lucina into the ground. As Lucina sat up Starlight jumped up and blasted Lucina with stream of magic.

"Damn you," she growled.

"Lucina was it?" asked Starlight. "Come on fight me," Lucina glared at Starlight and grabbed her sword.

"You won't escape me alive," said Lucina.

"We'll see about that," said Starlight smirking. She quickly teleported from her spot catching Lucina off guard.

"Wha?" Lucina asked confused. She looked around with her blade raised in case Starlight decided to pull a sneak attack. "Show yourself coward!" Lucina demanded. Suddenly Starlight jumped onto Lucina's back and wrapped her left hoof around her neck putting her into a headlock.

"Right behind you," snickered Starlight.

"What the hay since when!?" Twilight gasped.

"Damn, she just went from easy to hardcore badass mode in 3.5 seconds," said Villager.

"Were you actually counting?" asked Mario.

"No," replied Villager.

"Come on give up Lucy," said Starlight.

"Ngh, never," Lucina groaned as she tried to throw Starlight off her back. She tugged at her hoofs trying to break free from her grip.

"You know you can't win," said Starlight gritting her teeth. After a while Starlight groaned,"Ok this is getting nowhere," She jumped onto Lucina's shoulders and onto the ground. But before Lucina could recover Starlight jumped up and punched her in the face. Lucina's limp body dropped on the ground as light burst out.

"You put up a good fight friend," said Starlight catching her breath. The puppet's body turned to dust as her friends came up to her.

"Well done again," said Mario clapping.

"Thank you," said Starlight.

"Starlight we have to discuss about your method of combat later," said Twilight.

"Heh totally worth it," chuckled Starlight. At that moment the spirit emerged and hovered over to Starlight.

"Hey thanks for that," said the spirit.

"No problem," said Starlight.

"I'm Anna, the owner of this shop," said the spirit.

"Starlight, Starlight Glimmer," said Starlight introducing herself. "And these are my friends, Mario, Villager, Kirby, and Twilight Sparkle," Starlight introduced her friends including Twilight's spirit to the shopkeeper.

"Well Starlight, as a thank you how about I give you a special deal?" asked Anna.

"Um I don't have money," said Starlight.

"Oh you won't need money," said Anna. "Trust me, I think you'll like this deal,"

Author's Note:

Chapter 10 complete. Wow Starlight just keeps getting better and better. Now that she has Twilight on her team, I think she'll be able to handle all the other spirits. But as of now we encounter our first Master Spirit, and a small bit of Starlight's badass side. But now that she's freed Anna, what could the special deal possibly be? Only one way to find out.

PreviousChapters Next