• Published 17th Aug 2019
  • 2,873 Views, 255 Comments

Light and Darkness - FandomPlays1234



When two gods come face to face, the war between light and darkness and good and evil begins

  • ...
3
 255
 2,873

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 18: VS ???

Starlight and her party stood before the large black portal as it looms before them. They had finished their battle with Peach and had recruited Sunset Shimmer as a new member as well. But now the time was here.

"Well?" asked Mario. Starlight took a deep breath and approached the portal. he examined it and waved her hoof in front of it, but the portal showed no signs of spawning any enemies.

"It's definitely not used for summoning enemies," said Starlight. Suddenly a loud groaning noise began to ring out inside the castle. Starlight turned around as black aura burst out from the portal. Starlight yelped as she ran back to her friends. Suddenly a wave of black aura shot out and grabbed Starlight.

"Starlight!" Twilight gasped.

"Help!" Starlight yelped. But before anybody could do anything, Starlight was sucked in. Twilight ran up in attempts to bring her back, but the portal released black energy waves knocking her back. Mario and Link ran up to help her, but at that moment the portal vanished leaving the rest of the party in the middle of the castle.


Starlight groaned as she got to her feet. "Wha where am I?" She inspected her surroundings and found herself in a whole new area. She appeared to be standing on some sort of large floating platform. She continued to inspect her surroundings when she noticed something standing in front of her. The thing had it's back turned to her, but she instantly recognized the purple scales, green spines that ran down it's back and it's short tail. "Spike is that you?" asked Starlight.

"Starlight," the baby dragon moaned.

"Spike thank Celestia you're ok, I was so worried about you," said Starlight. "Look I'm sorry about what happened back there," she said apologizing. "But I'm glad you're ok," Spike didn't respond. "Spike is everything ok?" she asked. Once again he didn't respond. "Spike?" Starlight repeated his name in a worried tone.

"Starlight," Spike moaned.

"Yeah?" asked Starlight. Spike began to laugh. "Spike?" Starlight asked. But when Spike turned to face her, Starlight's heart sank. Her eyes widened in horror. "No," she whimpered. "No Spike not you too!" Spike smirked revealing many sharp teeth as he glared at her with glowing red eyes.

"You're time is up," laughed Spike. He raised his claws and got down on all fours as black aura violently burst out of Spike's back The aura surrounded him and expanded growing bigger and bigger. Once it was about the size of Twilight's castle the black aura scattered revealing Spike in a different form. He was much bigger and had a longer tail. He no longer had short arms and legs and was about the size of an actual adult dragon. He had rows and rows of sharp white teeth and glowing red eyes that spelled evil. He glared at Starlight and roared angrily. Starlight watched in horror as her best friend transformed into a large angry beast.

"No," Starlight whimpered. Suddenly the album opened up as Sylveon flew out.

"Starlight you have to fight!" said Sylveon.

"I can't," Starlight whimpered.

"Don't you remember what Mario and Villager said?" asked Sylveon.

"I do but," Starlight's voice trailed off. The giant Spike stomped towards her growling viciously, smoke rising from his nostrils.

"If you don't fight you're going to die!" Sylveon exclaimed. "Do this for your friend!" Starlight gasped as all the memories began to come back to her. The day he accompanied her to Sunburst's house, the day He introduced her to Ember, the day he was killed by Galeem. A tear rolled down her cheek.

"Spike, I'm sorry, I hope this can make up for not being able to save you," Starlight sniffled. She wiped her tears and faced Spike. "Sylveon,"

"That's the spirit!" exclaimed Sylveon. She hovered over her and began sending her energy. Starlight faced Spike as he raised his foot, getting ready to crush her. Starlight quickly rolled off to the side avoiding the attack and began pounding her hoof into his feet. Spike growled as he tried to reach for her. Starlight rolled off behind him and blasted him in the back with her magic.

"Spike, please come back," Starlight said.

"Get him Star!" Sylveon cheered. Starlight continued to roll left and right trying to avoid getting stomped on. She rolled to the front where she met eyes with Spike. Spike inhaled as he blasted her with a stream of fire. Starlight jumped up and hurled a ball of magic in his face. Spike growled as she tried to grab Starlight. She landed on his arm and ran up and onto his head. She slid down on his snout and blasted him in the eyes with magic. Spike roared as he began shaking violently. Starlight screamed as she fell of Spike. "Hang in there Star!" Sylveon cried Starlight flipped as she landed on the ground. Spike growled as he faced Starlight.

"Don't worry Spike, I'll save you," said Starlight. Spike raised his foot for another attempt to stomp her, but Starlight rolled behind him and kicked him several times before teleporting out of the way. Starlight continued to attack Spike but she couldn't tell if she was doing anything to him considering he wasn't flinching. After what seemed like hours of consistent attacks, Starlight hurled one last magic blast into Spike's stomach. Spike's eyes widened as he froze. He let out an agonized roar as his body began to explode in many different areas. "Did I do it?" Starlight gasped.

"Seems like it," answered Sylveon. Spike almost looked dazed but eventually collapsed on the ground followed by an explosion as black aura burst out of his body and Spike returned to his normal size.

"Spike!" Starlight gasped.

"Wait!" Sylveon said.

'What?" asked Starlight.

"Look," said Sylveon. Starlight turned in the direction of Spike as a spirit larger than him slowly emerged from his body. shocked Starlight stepped back and grabbed her album.

"Is that a spirit?" asked Starlight.

"Yes it appears so," said Sylveon. The spirit slowly hovered over to Starlight and stopped in front of her. Starlight held up the album to protect herself. She was able to get a closer look at the spirit now that it was up close. It almost looked like Bowser but, his horns were bigger, his snout was smaller but he had more sharp teeth, and his eyes looked more intimidating.

"Hey you gonna open the album or what?" asked the spirit.

"Oh sorry," said Starlight. She opened the album and stared at the spirit.

"The name's Giga Bowser," said the spirit. "Best if you remember that," The spirit didn't say anything else and jumped into the album. Starlight sighed as fell on the ground with the closed album.

"Aren't you gonna see you're friend?" asked Sylveon. Starlight flinched from realization. She got to her feet and tossed the album to the side. She ran over to Spike who lay on the ground unconscious. Trembling she picked him up in her hoofs and gently touched his face.

"No Spike, please wake up, please!" Starlight pleaded with tears in her eyes. She shook Spike hoping he would wake up, but when he wouldn't move, tears rolled down her cheek. "No," Starlight whimpered. She set him down and punched the ground lowering her head in the process. She began to sob as Spike groaned and sat up.

"Ow, what happened?" he asked. Starlight looked up and gasped.

"Spike!" The baby dragon jumped and looked up.

"Oh Starlight, what are you doing here?" asked Spike. "And where am I?" He looked around his surroundings with a confused look. "Where is this place?" asked Spike. he looked at Starlight and noticed she was crying. "Starlight what's wrong?" she grabbed Spike and hugged him.

"I'm so glad," she sobbed.

"Um Starlight are you ok?" asked Spike. She embraced him for a while longer before setting him down.

"Sorry it's just that I was so worried when you didn't wake up," said Starlight wiping the tears from her eyes.

"Wha?" asked Spike.

"It's a long story," said Starlight.

"Let's hear it," said Spike. So Starlight explained everything that had happened since the attack on the Crystal Empire, about spirits, and Galeem. Once she was done Spike rubbed his head with a confused look.

"Look I know it's a lot to take in, but what I'm trying to say is Galeem destroyed our home and killed everyone we loved," explained Starlight. "Right now, we're making our way to Galeem so that we can defeat him and get him to restore Equestria to it's original state,"

"Ok that explanation might've been better cause I got lost the moment you mentioned spirits," said Spike.

"Well anyway you're back friend," said Sylveon.

"Gah what are you!?" Spike yelped.

"That's Sylveon," said Starlight. "She's one of the spirits I mentioned,"

"Hiya!" cheered Sylveon.

"Um hi," said Spike.

"Ok so how do we get back?" asked Starlight. Suddenly the black portal that brought her here appeared in front of them. "Guess that answers my question," said Starlight. She picked up the album and walked through with Spike and Sylveon following behind.


The party waited patiently as the black portal suddenly appeared in front of them once more.

"Hey look!' said Villager. The party got up and waited as Starlight and Spike emerged from the portal.

"Guys we're back!" said Starlight. The rest of the party ran over to greet her and Spike. The next several moments were introductions, and family reunions.

"So I guess Spike was the boss of this castle," said Link.

"I'm surprised that Galeem even made him a boss," said Piranha Plant.

"Well he's back with us," said Twilight snuggling him. Suddenly, black aura burst out of the black portal as it exploded and disappeared.

'Guess that means because we freed Spike from Galeem's control we technically finished this area," said Lucario.

"Well then how about we get outta here?" suggested Ember.

"Yeah it's freaking hot in here," groaned Bowser. So the party began to make their way to the entrance with their new party member. By the time they got out, Starlight had noticed that the black clouds above the castle had vanished and the sun was shining down.

"Ah yes fresh air!" said Piranha Plant.

"Oh yes," agreed Peach. Suddenly the ground began to shake throwing everyone in a panic.

"The hell is that?" asked Ember. The ground shook for a while before finally coming to a stop.

"What was that?" asked Lucario. Just then Kirby ran to the side of the castle excitedly and jumped on a rock.

"Kirby what is it?" asked Twilight. He turned around and began jumping up and down. Confused the party ran over to where he was and looked in the direction that he was pointing.The party looked up to see Galeem in the distance being protected by a mysterious blue orb. Suddenly the orb changed from a light blue color to an orange as it seemed to shrink.

"What just happened?" asked Bowser.

"It would appear the barrier has weakened," said Eleven.

"Is it because we freed Spike?" asked Starlight.

"Yes, we can assume so," replied Eleven.

"Heh, where getting close," chuckled Villager. "And before we know it, Galeem is screwed!"

"Well then let's keep moving shall we?" suggested Mario.

"Yes," said Sunset.

"Lead the way Star," said Link. Starlight nodded as she led the party away from the castle and down the hill they had climbed up. Now with Spike as a new party member, Galeem's barrier has weakened. It would be long before Starlight and her party will face off against Galeem, and now is the time they prepare themselves for the day to come.

Author's Note:

Chapter 18 complete. Wow so the first boss of Molten Fortress was Spike. Who could've expected this. But now after Starlight defeated him in battle, he has joined the battle against Galeem. Plus after freeing Spike from Galeem's control, the barrier protecting Galeem has weakened. With one boss down, there is still two remaining. But Starlight has to prepare for them. Once she defeats those two bosses, then it's the face off with Galeem the Lord of Light.

PreviousChapters Next