• ...
55
 598
 15,494

2 - My weakness - Part 1

Jack/Blueblood P.O.V

After Celestia left to prepare, and I was left in the room alone, I began to think and plan, how to get stronger, I was already rich being royalty and all. But the money would not save me from the problems that were to come, this Equestria was very different from the one I saw as a kid, the ponies were anthropomorphic creatures, and someone had tried to kill blueblood and succeeded.

' I'm going to start practicing my telekinesis while I am here, in this room.' I thought as I began to levitate the lamp on my table. 'Continous use of the skill should level it up eventually'


It took a few hours, but I managed to level up my telekinesis twice, I had to stop because I had run out of mana.

"I have fifty points to use, but where?" I said thoughtfully, 'Well, I'm a unicorn so magic might be the best option for me, I should investigate how to ascend, if I ascend the power boost should be substantial, perhaps the Alicorn amulet?'

Deciding where to put my points, I decided to put forty points in INT, and ten points in WIS, STR could be increased with exercise as well as DEX, 'Let's see my stats again.'

(STR): A measure of how physically strong a character is. Strength often controls the maximum weight the character can carry, melee attack and/or damage, and sometimes. Armor and weapons might also have a Strength requirement, current maximum carrying capacity: 75 pounds.

(VIT): A measure of how sturdy a character is. Vitality often influences resistances for special types of damage (poisons, illness, heat, etc.) and fatigue, HP Is calculated by the VIT, HP: VIT x 96: 960HP...

(DEX): A measure of how agile a character is. Dexterity controls attack and movement speed and accuracy, as well as evading an opponent's attack; DEX calculates current movement speed: 15mph, movement speed, Movement speed: DEX x 3: 15mph.

(LUK): A measure of a character's luck. Luck might influence anything or nothing, it mostly random, encounters and outstanding successes/failures

(INT): A measure of a character's problem-solving ability. Intelligence often controls a character's ability to comprehend foreign languages and their skill in magic. MP is calculated by INT, MP: INT x 100: 6000MP.

(WIS): Increases Magic Resistance increases by 1% every 10 WIS points, current magic resistance 3%. Increases Mana Regeneration increases by 1% every 10 WIS points, current mana regeneration per min 3% = 180mp/min or 3mp/s.

Skills:
Telekinesis - Active LV 3 - 0.5% EXP: The user can use magic or magical energy to telekinetically push, move, lift, or otherwise manipulate matter in general. This even includes the ability to use magic as a medium to enable flight; the amount of mana used for this will depend on the weight of the thing the user is moving. 9mp/min per pound, a maximum of 667 pounds. The higher the telekinesis spell level is, the less mana the spell will use, also, more mana means more weight can be lifted.

'That should put me up to date,' I thought, 'That a huge increase on my mana'

Two guards entered the hospital room, above his head, I could see their titles, names, and levels, I was surprised to see that their levels were much higher than mine one pegasus and one earth pony, the earth pony guard was the first to speak.

<Royal Guard>
LV30 Steel Hope

"Your highness, princess Celestia has ordered us to move you to out of the castle for the day." Steel said.

'She must be trying to protect me, in case Luna wins and kills everything with the stupid eternal night plan.' I thought, looking at the guard.

-Due to continuous observation a new skill has been created.

New skill created: Observe - Active LV1: It tells the target's max HP, max MP, and some basic information.

<Royal Guard>
LV30 Steel Hope
HP: 10.500HP
MP: 450MP
Information: He loves pancakes, and running.

'Holy shit more than ten times my hp' I thought surprised, 'Let's see the other guard'

<Royal Guard>
LV28 Thunder Xer
HP: 7505HP
MP: 845MP
Information: He's one of the fastest guards of his generation, and it's proud of it.

"Alright gentle colts, lead the way," I replied with a smile on my face, the guards were looking at me funny, while I was following the guards out of the castle, I notice that at least 90% of the ponies working in the palace, were above me in LV, the guards were from 20-55, and the other employees were around 3-15.

'I'm probably the weakest stallion in this castle,' I thought, 'perhaps I'll find a random dungeon soon'

While the guards escorted me out of the palace, I started to think if I had the option to see my reputation with the gamer power, so perhaps that was possible, after all, games had a reputation system.

Due to you noticing about the reputation system in order games, a new skill has been created!
Reputation: You can gain or lose favor, otherwise known as reputation, with many of the several different individuals in the world. A higher reputation gives access to special rewards and treatment. You can increase reputations using several methods.

'Reputation...'

Unknown: Hated 0/36000EXP
Chrysalis Hive: Hostile 0/3000EXP
Badlands: Hostile 0/3000EXP
Shining Armor = Unfriendly 0/3000EXP
Royal Guard = Unfriendly 0/3000EXP
Wonderbolts = Unfriendly 0/3000EXP
Yakyakistan = Unfriendly 0/3000EXP - NO HONORARY YAK!
Dragon Empire = Unfriendly 0/3000EXP
Griffin Kingdom = Unfriendly 0/3000EXP
Princess Cadence = Unfriendly 2475/3000EXP
Hippogriff Empire = Neutral 0/3000EXP
Las Pegasus = Neutral 0/3000EXP
Canterlot = Neutral 0/3000EXP
Vanhoover = Neutral 0/3000EXP
Cloudsdale = Neutral 0/3000EXP
Appleloosa = Neutral 0/3000EXP
Smokey Mountain = Neutral 0/3000EXP
White Tail Woods = Neutral 0/3000EXP
Ponyville = Neutral 0/3000EXP
Foal Mountain = Neutral 0/3000EXP
Fillydelphia = Neutral 0/3000EXP
Baltimare = Neutral 0/3000EXP
Manehattan = Neutral 0/6000EXP
Fancy Pants = Friendly 0/3000EXP
Fleur de Lis = Friendly 0/3000EXP
Rarity = Honored 5575/12000EXP
Celestia = Revered 1250/21000EXP

'I kinda expected more ponies to hate me,' I thought, 'I can understand Celestia being my aunt...still cant get used to that, but why does my reputation is so high with Rarity, Blueblood never meet her before, was she this obsessed with him before.'


The guards took me to a house on the outskirts of Canterlot on the way to the house I used observe in every pony that I could, trying to level up the skill. Inside the house was Cadence reading a book; the house had nothing but a couple of sofas and a dozen guards, Cadence greeted me, and went back to read her book. 'Observe'

<Princess of Love>
LV??? Cadence
HP: ??????HP
MP: ??????MP
Information: Cadence is an extremely kind and affectionate, caring pony, she loves to foal sit.

Observe has leveled up 1 = it now reveals the current HP and current MP, and weaknesses.

This time I looked at Cadance again and thought, 'Observe'

<Princess of Love>
LV??? Cadence
HP: ?????/?????HP
MP: ?????/?????MP
Information: Cadence is an extremely kind and affectionate, caring pony, she loves to foal sit.
Weakness: Black Magic and Pathokinesis are her main weaknesses, while she's able to control good emotions bad ones are like poison for her.

"Hey, Cadence..." I said, getting close to her. She lifted her eyes from the book, and with fantastic acting skills, she concealed the annoyance that my presence made her feel.

"Hi Blueblood," Cadance said with a fake smile on her face, she was not happy to see me.

"Do you have any idea what it's going on?" I asked, I already knew what but I wanted to improve my reputation with her, and everyone.

"Not really," Cadence replied, but I could see in her eyes she was lying, When you live your life stealing and scamming, you develop a sixth sense to read the little signs that the human body, in this case, the pony gives when ponies are lying; apparently my past experiences would also be useful in this world.

Time to play my cards, "Don't worry, Twilight surely will overcome this test."

Cadence dropped the book when she heard me, stared at me as if I had discovered a big secret, “Who told you?”

I had her where I wanted her, “I know I don't look like it, but I like to read from time to time, it didn't take much to tie the dots, my point is don't worry, she'll be fine.”

Cadence sighed and said, “You're right; Twily will get through this."

“Life is a gamble, but ponies like our aunt know how to play the system.” I said with a smile sitting next to her, “Twilight is a safe bet.”

Cadence began to laugh softly, “Since when did you become so deep and spiritual?”

I answered with a warm smile between laughs, “Hey, when the world may come to an end, you become spiritual and wise.”

450 Reputation with Cadance.

' Still unfriendly, but that's something at least.' I thought, "I'm gonna leave you be, I need to rest for a bit."

Cadence started to reread her book and said. “Sure.”

'She's an outstanding actress, she's hiding the curiosity in my sudden change of demeanor' I thought watching her read while getting inside an empty room to sleep, 'I'm gonna take a nap to recover my mana, that way I can start leveling my telekinesis again'


While I rested, waiting, the night was gradually approaching, and with it the arrival of Nightmare Moon, I could only pray that at least the events of this event were the same as I knew, otherwise my life would be quite complicated for a while.

Nightmare Moon Dungeon - Event!
Entering Dungeon!

'Wait what!?' I thought.

I found myself in a dungeon, the walls were damp, and there was almost no light, I started walking the only path available, forward. I walked without stopping, and the damn place seemed to extend eternally like the cosmos, I arrived at spherical room with nothing but one corridor to continue walking the corridor was quite small in size, as I approached the corridor I felt something in my neck, a chilling cold air, I jumped by instinct it felt like something was crawling down my back, and I turned around and saw it.

Information: Dream Demon or Nightmare, is a creature that was born from ponies dreams. The Dream Demons live in the Dream World, where every night all creatures come to visit when they are sleeping. Dream Demons have the power to enter the real world, but to do that; they need vessels in order to come out. In order to acquire the vessels, Dream Demons invade the creature's dreams and then when the creature gets weak due to the nightmares, the Dream Demons take over the body. Once a vessel is acquired, it cannot be changed, and the Dream Demon cannot return to the Dream World on their own.

Weakness: Light magic is their main weakness, without a vessel these nightmares are weak and fragile, they need a vessel to show their full might and use magic without a vessel the only spell they can use is forceful possession, they don't have a physical form, so physical attacks are useless against them, their ethereal form can be damage with consecutive magic attacks and eventually they will lose the power to maintain said form.

-Event debuff this creature is considerably weaker than normal-

'That thing is 15 levels higher than me,' I thought, 'what kind of first dungeon would do this...

The corridor that lead me to that room I was, was gone, and the creature without waiting nay further threw itself at me, I managed to dodge the attack, the demon continued with his attacks with a repetitive pattern, but I was cautiously avoiding his hits for all I knew he could probably One-shot me , I tried to stop him with my telekinesis, but apparently, grabbing something without physical form is extremely difficult, that's where I realized, I didn't have any offensive abilities, maybe I could create one myself, so I started to concentrate mana on my index finger, firing a beam of pure mana at the demon.

<Nightmare Shade>
HP:1325/1500 (-175)
MP:2500/2500

A new skill is created with a specific action
Mana Beam: Blasts the target with a small, thin, very fast and concentrated laser-like beam of mana. The user can fire the attack very quickly while maintaining precise aim, 250MP per shoot, damage can vary.

'So 9 or 10 more times and this guy is dead,' I thought, '175 dmg... is most be because it doesn't have a vessel.'

I kept shooting at the creature, its movements were predictable at that point, and little by little I was leveling up my new skill, if I continued my tactic of attacking and withdrawing I would win without any problems, when the life of the demon reached less than ten percent the creature began to scream, after the scream, his movements turned unpredictable and incredibly fast, I tried to shoot him a couple of times and my attacks didn't reach him, the creature started attacking I managed to dodge him a couple of times, but in the end the creature managed to hit me, in one attack the beast had taken 95% of my life.

<Nightmare Shade>
HP:140/1500(-1,360‬)
MP:2500/2500

<The Gamer>
HP:48/960(-912)
MP:4000/6000(-2,000)

'I can't die like this' I thought dodging the nightmare, 'I just got my second chance, I can't fucking die like this.'

We were fighting in an open area, which had only one way out. I ran with all my strength and as fast as I possibly could in the direction of that corridor, the demon chased me, but that was part of my plan, in an open area, he had the advantage, but in a hallway where only an average size pony could fit, it would be much harder for the creature to dodge my attacks, of course, this plan was a double-edged sword, if he can't dodge the same applies to me. But this was a bet that I had to play, the nightmare had to play on my rules, I turned around to shoot the demon with a mana beam, the creature was half a meter away from me, I fired my attack, and the demon attacked, now it was a question of what attack would arrive first.

LEVEL UP
LEVEL UP

'I'm alive!' was the first thought that came to my mind, 'Oh shit, that was too fucking close for my liking.'

I had survived the encounter, barely, but I was alive, continuing to advance inside the dungeon my scenery didn't change too much, everything around was practically the same, though as I got deeper into the dungeon I started to see letters or symbols that didn't make any sense, like some kind of lost language.

"Well, this can't be good for me," I thought while looking at the symbols, symbols in a creepy dungeon are never a good omen.

continuing my path and encountering more symbols I hear something or someone chanting, and again I couldn't understand a word, but I knew something for sure the creature chanting was my next battle, so I decided to follow the sound.

as I approached the sound, I notice the symbols that I saw earlier were glowing, the closer I got, the brighter they would glow, I came to the conclusion that the symbols would lead me to the creature, the symbols lead me to a door, opening the door I saw behind it some stairs.

"I totally feel this is gonna lead me to my doom," I said while slowly but surely starting to descend to my absolute doom.

the stairs were endless, kind of like the ones that twilight and spike had to face during the crystal empire event, but eventually, I got to the top and like I thought the creature was there, chanting.

'Maybe I should attack it before it notices me.' I thought.

Information: The Nightmare Sorcerers are creatures that terrorized and destroyed the ancient world, each of them with his or her own brand of magic that represents or is derived from a different element which their powers are based on, these nightmares are extremely rare to find.

Weakness: Light magic has some effect on them, but the best way to deal with these creatures is with holy magic which has been lost for 5000 years.

-Event debuff, this creature is considerably weaker than normal during the nightmare moon-
[]

"Maybe you shouldn't," the nightmare said, turning his attention to me, "while my peers are aggressive and prone to violence, I try to avoid unneeded bloodbaths."

"You speak!?" I said, surprised.

"I do, and frankly I'm insulted you thought I was so stupid that I couldn't even talk," The sorcerer said in an insulted tone, "You have to leave pony, this realm is way beyond your capabilities."

"I did pretty well by myself like ten minutes ago," I replied still on guard, I didn't know if I should trust the creature.

"Yes, you did, but that was just a mindless drone, If you find a nightmare with an actual brain on his head you will die," The sorcerer said, moving his hand creating a circle of magic, "Besides you were able to deal with one of them, but tell me...can you deal with hundreds of them at the same time?"

What I saw through the circle made me shiver, hundreds....no! thousands of nightmare shades, all in a single place, "What!, are you gonna bring them here." I said, slowly retreating the room.

"Why would I do that? after all the work it took me to seal them?" The sorcerer said closing the circle, "I felt your presence entering the nightmare realm, and I had to do something to help you out, so I decided to seal those roaches and guide you here, but I miss one of them, I was about to go and help you....but you dealt with the situation better than I expected...after all you're pretty weak."

"Why would you help me? aren't you supposed to be bad or something?" I asked the sorcerer with curiosity.

The sorcerer looked at me, and he let out a laugh, and said, "Evil and Good are relative, tell me do bad guys have nightmares and if so how do you think some of those nightmares are?"

"like any other nightmare?" I replied.

"Sometimes, yes. But sometimes what they fear the most is being a decent creature, and when their fear is strong enough a new nightmare is born, some nightmare exists since the beginning of time like those shades, but others are created through the deepest fears of the living creatures." The sorcerer said.

"So I assume you're one of those?" I asked.

"Yes, my creator was a monster and that sugar coating it, he did unspeakable things in Equestria, so bad that the Solaris executed him, and Equestria usually goes for the lenient punishment." The sorcerer said with a laugh, "A tell me what do monsters fear? what kind of nightmare do they have, I'm his nightmare.."

"I'm sorry, I still don't know if I should believe you, but I guess I shouldn't judge creatures by their appearances," I said while thinking, 'or their creepy chantings.'

"Well, this appearance is an illusion, to keep the shades out of my back," The sorcerer said, "The shades are the maids of the nightmare realm, they clean everything, and that includes creatures that don't follow the natural order of things, like me for example, a good nightmare is a paradox that by the laws of this realm should not exist."

"So you hide your appearance to survive, that's a smart move," I said, amazed by the sorcerer.

"Not only my appearance, but I also change my magical signature and other details to take the hounds out of my back," The sorcerer replied with a hint of pride on his head.

"If what you said it's true, about the hundred of nightmares and other stuff, how can I escape this place?" I asked.

"Just wake up." The sorcerer replied, "Only mind and soul can enter the nightmare realm."

"So if I'm sleeping, what can I possibly do to break off this deep slumber?" I asked.

"Well, if Princess Luna were to be here, she could easily enter and break you out, but that's not the case, I haven't seen her in 1000 years, so the best second option would be shocking your soul with mana, if I shock you in the center of your being that should alter the fluctuations of your mana and then you should wake up," The sorcerer explained.

"So Luna was your friend?" I asked the sorcerer, and there is no way she could befriend a nightmare, she would probably vanquish him before even asking questions.

"Indeed, I helped her when she needed the most help like I'm helping you, now let me shock your soul with my mana so that you can go back to your cozy and secure world." the sorcerer started to approach me.

Something was not right, he was way too good to be true, and when something or someone is way too good to be true its usually a con, I jumped backward like three feet and pointed my finger at him, "Sorry buddy, but I don't buy the good guy act, it's way too convenient, everything is way too convenient."

The sorcerer started to laugh, maniacally like I just told him the best joke in the world and said, "This coulda been easy you know, no pain, no suffering, all I needed was your cooperation, but now ill take your body by force stupid rugrat!"

I started shooting my mana beams, a shield appeared around him, blocking every beam I shot at him.

"Your resistance is futile. There is no way you're gonna win against me in a magic battle, I've been practicing and honing my skills for eons!" The sorcerer shouted, creating a ball of fire and throwing at me.

Rolling to the side and getting my clothes burn, I decided to change my strategy, perhaps I could get some information or tip on how to defeat him if I concentrated enough, I kept shooting at him, my mana going low, and the shoots had no effect whatsoever, his mana was above 50% mine was under 20%, in one of my mana beams I noticed the debris for the sealing that my shots generated went through his shield, and then it hit me, that shit was blocking magical attacks, not physical attacks.

I grabbed a rock in the ground, and with all my might I threw at him, the rock went through his shield, and like I expected it hit him.

<Nightmare Sorcerer>
HP:700/750 (-50)
MP:7500/15000 (-7500)

"A rock!?" The sorcerer shouted, "You attack me with a rock?!"

"Survival, bitch!" I started throwing rocks at him non-stop, he kept throwing fireballs at me, but they were really slow.

Thirteen rocks later, his life was under 10%, I was on a defensive position the last time I got one of these guys under a certain amount of hp, it almost killed me.

"Beaten by child!... I refuse!! to allow such fate!" The sorcerer shouted, "If I'm gonna die! ill be taking you with me!"

[Warning lethal attack incoming in 14 sec]

I threw a rock at him to end him, but even when his life reached zero, he was still standing, I threw a couple more, and he was still standing.

<Nightmare Sorcerer>
HP:-150/750 (-900)
MP:0/15000 (-15000)

[Warning lethal attack incoming in 7 sec]

I ran towards the door at full speed, counting the seconds on my head, I dash throw the stairs, and then the explosion came, I saw behind me the fire approaching everything around me was in like slow motion.

'So this is it?' I thought watching the fire getting closer and closer, 'I die, having a nightmare...'

and then it hit me!, what if this was a nightmare, it was a dungeon but what if I could escape it?!, so before the fire was able to eat me away, I shouted some words I prayed in my heart they would work.

"ID: Escape!" I shouted with all my might.


Cadence POV

I was reading a lovely book, but my mind was in another place, Twilight had to face Nightmare moon, I was already stressed enough, but aunty had the great idea to have Blueblood with me, he approached me, and for the first time treated me, normally, I dare say he was comforting, I seriously worried about him, perhaps he's sick or about to die, after talking to me, he went to a room alone, the hours passed, and he didn't ask or bother anyone in the cabin.

"ID: Escape!" Blueblood shouted.

'What in Tartarus was that?' I thought, running towards his room.

Opening the door, I saw my cousin sweating and trembling, so I decided to ask, "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I just had the most realistic nightmare ever," Blueblood replied.


I found myself back in the room everything started, I was sweating and trembling, was it fear, excitement, or perhaps I was just shaking with happiness, Cadance rushed to my room.

LEVEL UP
LEVEL UP

"Are you ok?" Cadence asked.

"Yeah, I just had the most realistic nightmare ever," I replied.

"Alright, I'm gonna make you a tea, I'll be right back," Cadance said, closing the door.

Seeing Cadance left I went straight to what I wanted to see, my status, 'Status'

(STR): A measure of how physically strong a character is. Strength often controls the maximum weight the character can carry, melee attack and/or damage, and sometimes. Armor and weapons might also have a Strength requirement, current maximum carrying capacity: 135 pounds.

(VIT): A measure of how sturdy a character is. Vitality often influences resistances for special types of damage (poisons, illness, heat, etc. and fatigue, HP Is calculated by the VIT, HP: VIT x 96: 1344HP...

(DEX): A measure of how agile a character is. Dexterity controls attack and movement speed and accuracy, as well as evading an opponent's attack; DEX calculates current movement speed: 27mph, movement speed, Movement speed: DEX x 3: 27mph.

(LUK): A measure of a character's luck. Luck might influence anything or nothing, it mostly random, encounters and outstanding successes/failures

(INT): A measure of a character's problem-solving ability. Intelligence often controls a character's ability to comprehend foreign languages and their skill in magic. MP is calculated by INT, MP: INT x 100: 6400MP.

(WIS): Increases Magic Resistance increases by 1% every 10 WIS points, current magic resistance 3%. Increases Mana Regeneration increases by 1% every 10 WIS points, current mana regeneration per min 3% = 180mp/min or 3mp/s.

Skills:
Telekinesis - Active LV 3 - 0.5% EXP: The user can use magic or magical energy to telekinetically push, move, lift, or otherwise manipulate matter in general. This even includes the ability to use magic as a medium to enable flight; the amount of mana used for this will depend on the weight of the thing the user is moving. 9mp/min per pound, a maximum of 711 pounds. The higher the telekinesis spell level is, the less mana the spell will use, also, more mana means more weight can be lifted.

Mana beam - Active LV 1 - 95% EXP: Blasts the target with a small, thin, very fast and concentrated laser-like beam of mana. The user can fire the attack very quickly while maintaining precise aim, 250MP per shoot, damage can vary.

Author's Note:

This is part one of two of this chapter, the other half is done but I feel it needs something

Cadence art by this amazing artist https://www.deviantart.com/akuoreo

Blueblood art by this amazing artist
https://www.deviantart.com/harwicks-art/art/Blueblood-401683241

if you see this it means the stats or anything has increased

Demon art by this amazing artist
If someone finds the artist for the monsters used in this chapter it would be appreciated I want to credit the artists, I found this in a post but the post had no credits.

Unicorns in this world can cast with hands, feet etcetera as long they have their horn, you could say the horn is the catalyzer or a point of focus for the mana.