• Published 9th Jul 2019
  • 326 Views, 1 Comments

My Little Fairy - snobbleweb



Twilight, a wingless fairy, meets new friends at request from Queen Celestia.

  • ...
 1
 326

Chapter 1

Rainbow dash, the well known fast light fairy zips through the autumn forest, practicing being able to blow the leaves off of trees.

She knows it isn’t what she is supposed to be doing but she loves doing it anyway.

She remains very focused on her work when she suddenly spots a figure on the ground. Fairies dont often walk on the ground so she flew down to investigate. She quickly saw the lack of wings and the iconic spider companion and realized who it was.

“Hey, you’re Twilight right?” she said, flying up and hovering in front of her. Twilight gives an annoyed look, adjusts the bag at her side, eyeing her spider friend.

“Yeah, and who are you?” Rainbow blinks, then smirks.

“Well I’m Rainbow Dash!” She says proudly pointing to her chest. Twilight rolls her eyes and walks around her. Rainbow pauses for a moment then flew around again, flittering beside her and she walks.

“What are you doing in the warm seasons? I mean… I know you can come here without snow assistance but…”

“Queen Celestia asked me to come.” she replies quickly and confidently.

“Oh?” Rainbow asks.

“Yes. I’m accompanying her as she reviews the preparations for autumn.”

“Oh really, you’re like her ward or something?” Twilight pauses for a moment.

“I guess so, she’s helping me work on my light talent,” Rainbow lights up a bit.

“Oh yeah! You’re a light fairy talent! I am too! But I’m also very good at flying fast.” Rainbow says, crossing her arms and smiling.

“Flying.. Fast? Isn’t that that fast flying fairies job?” She says. Smirking.

“Well yeah, but I’m even better at it!” This made Twilight roll her eyes again.

“Oh yeah? Prove it.”

Rainbow smiles and zooms up, rustling Twilights hair and clothes, surprising her a bit. Rainbow zips through the trees, pulling leaves off as she passes, leaving them spinning down. Twilight’s mouth opened in shock and awe, making Rainbow laugh as she flies back.

“I told you I could fly fast!” Rainbow beams. Twiliight shakes it off and rolls her eyes.

“That doesn’t make any sense…” She says, continuing her walking and staring at the ground.

Rainbow follows her all the way to the valley where the autumn preparations were centered.

They get a few curious stares as they enter, that Twilight promptly ignores. Half way into the clearing they are approached by a very friendly looking garden fairy.

“Hello! I’ve never met you before!” The fairy says to Twilight. Twilight blinks, scowling slightly and doesn’t respond.

“Hey Pinkie! Twilight here is here for the review!” Rainbow says. Pinkie isn’t fazed by Twilight’s coldness and quickly grabs her by the hand.

“Oh that’s awesome! We have so much to show you!” They walk up to the other garden fairies, a rather large and buff fairy was giving orders to the others.

"AJ! Look who’s here to look at our preparations!”

The fairy turns around, a big smile on her face, something not expected from such an intimidating looking fairy.

“Oh! You’re that fairy without wings!”

The other fairies face palm. AJ looks around, wondering what she did wrong. Twilight fidgets nervously then coughs lightly.

“How are the preparations?” She asks. AJ rubs the back of her head.

“They’re going alright, should be all ready before the end of the summer season,”

“Good,” Twilight says, walking away. The three fairies look at each other and shrug, watching her leave the clearing.

Twilight looks down at her spider, Spike, and groans.

“All these fairies are too nice, I just want Queen Celestia to get here already,”

Spike looks up and squeaks at her in annoyance. Twilight ruffles through her bag and pulls out a book. She starts reading and walking, absently traveling through the rest of the autumn woods. After a while of being very engrossed in her book Trolls and Goblins: A Guide, she runs into something, falling backwards. Her book went sliding away from her. She looks up and saw another fairy, who had fallen by the impact as well.

“Sorry…” Twilight said, getting up and looking around for her book. The fairy rubs her head and looks up shyly. Spike walks up to Twilight to she if she’s okay.

“Are you okay?” Twilight asks, putting out her hand, realizing it was the polite thing to do. The fairy timidly takes it and gets up. Her long hair covers half her face, but her one showing eye looks away in embarrassment. Twilight stood there awkwardly for a minute and then continues her search for her book. The shy fairy looks down to see what she was looking for, which is when she saw Spike.

“Oh! A spider!” She says, bending down to pet him on the head. “What a cutie!”

Twilight smiles nervously and watches them greet each other happily.

“I’m Flutter, you’re Twilight right?” She says, still a bit nervous. Twilight nods. Fluttershy is lost in petting Spike, when a white bunny nudges her from behind, almost knocking her over.

“Oh! Angel… I’m sorry,” She turns to Twilight.

“Sorry, but I have some preparations to do still…”

Twilight smiles and nods, watching as she hops on the bunny and they hop away.

Twilight scours the ground for her book. She groans loudly.

“Did you lose something darling?” Twilight looks up to see a rather gorgeous looking fairy standing over her. She hears Spike squeak in surprise behind her. She rolls her eyes and gets up.

“My book…” She says, quickly brushing off the dirt from her dress.

“Oh that?” The fairy says, pointing behind her quite a ways down the path.

“Yes!” Twilight says, running past her and picking it up. She suddenly feels like shes being stares at. She turns around to see the fairy with a concerned, thoughtful look.

“You know you could really make up for… That… With a nice pretty flower dress!” She says, trying to be as sincere as possible. Twilight feels rather uncomfortable, and little annoyed. She quickly stuffs her book in her bag.

“Right… Sure… Uh, I should be going,” Twilight leaves in a rush, leaving the fairy feeling quite bad about upsetting her.

She gives a big sigh as she reaches The Fairy Dust Tree, quickly climbing up the limbs towards her room. She stays there whenever she visits the warm seasons. It’s close to the Queen’s chambers, so a very nice room. She collapses on her bed, Spike crawling up next to her.

“Why is it so hard to talk to other fairies,” She says, her voice is tired and distraught. Spike whimpers and nudges against her. She huddles on her bed until she hears a gentle knock on her door.

"Twilight? Oh good you're here," Queen Celestia floats into the dimly lit room, instantly lighting it up with her presence.

"Hello my Queen," Twilight smiles brightly as her mentor gently sits next to her.

"You must be wondering why I asked you to come here,"

Twilight looks at her, puzzled.

"I thought it was to help you with the preparations for autumn?,"

Celestia sighs.

"Really there isn't much for even me to do at this time, just overlook the fairies work and keep up appearances,"

Twilight looks down, disappointed.

"So why did you bring me here?"

"To make friends,"

Twilight looks up, confused.

"Because of my mentoring you, you've neglected having a life outside of your studies,"

"But-"

"No buts, I want you to try to make some friends okay?"

Celestia gets up and heads for the door, glancing back to see a crestfallen Twilight.

"This isn't a punishment Twilight, I only want you to be happy," Twilight doesn't reply. Celestia sighs and leaves the room.

Spike nudges Twilight encouragingly.

"Tomorrow. We'll go make friends tomorrow okay? But now, I just want to finish this book,"

If Spike could roll his eyes, all eight of them would be rolling.

Comments ( 1 )

Where's Rarity in the story

Login or register to comment