• Published 2nd May 2019
  • 267 Views, 7 Comments

A dog's life - RainbowThunder



Mudbriar lived a quiet life and loved Maud Pie. But one day he made a mistake and lost everything he had. But along with this, he will not only change, but also be able to live life anew. However, he can do it only in a slightly different form.

  • ...
 7
 267

In the end of the way

I must add, my way wasn't so interesting and extreme as you might expect (a moment with Octavia didn't consider). It was more like trying to survive and hoping on good future. It was good my way was ending. I felt it. Something told me I was going on the right place. So I, technically, speeded up and gave up to my six feeling.

I guessed it was the end. I knew that cave, it was so familiar. I was here a lot of times after meeting Maud, because, technically, that cave was her home. I couldn't belive I found it, I did it. Technically, my six feeling was useful. I was glad as a stick before mineralization.

"Maud, Twilight, did you hear something?" One voice asked.

"No, Fluttershy, what do you mean? I haven't heard anything". Twilight's voice answered.

"I think I heard a ... dog or a puppy. I will go and check, okay?" The shy pony said and flewto the exit fron the cave. I wanted to hide, but the yellow Pegasus saw me ealier than I could hide.

"Hello, little one. Are you lost? Are you okay? Where are you from?" Fluttershy asked me. I tried ignore her questions. "Girls, I was right: there is a dog!"

Twilight and Maud came to us. I finally saw Maud, she was more silent and serious. I missed her so much. I came to her, Maud smoothed me in misunderstanding.

"I guess he likes you". Twilight noticed.

"He is so cute little dog". Fluttershy added with smile. Was I a cute dog really? I didn't know that.

Wait, it was my chance. I had an idea. Maud must know what happended to me, she must understand me even if I was a dog. And the yellow shy Pegasus could help. Technically, that was a good idea. I hoped Maud would believe me.

"Fluttershy". I said. "You have to listen to me. Please, don't think I am crazy or something. And believe me and tell Maud and Twilight. Technically, I am not a dog really. I am Mudbriar."

"Wait, what?" She asked in surprise.

"I am Mudbriar". I repeated. "Technically, two bad ponies killed me once, and I was reborn into a dog. I am not kidding really. Please tell it Maud, she must know it".

The yellow pony was shocked, but she believed me.

"What did he say?" Twilight asked.

Fluttershy told them everything. Maud looked on me in surprising, misunderstanding and confusing. Oh no, did she believe or not?

"Please believe me, Maud. I was looking for you so long, I hoped to find you. I missed you. Technically, I love you." I looked on her in hoping.

She hugged me with smile, which I missed.

"I missed you, too, Mudbriar". She said.

Maud believed me and remembered me, yes! I was happy again.

"I can't belive that reborning is possible. I have never believed in this, but now I believe!" The purple alicorn said.

"Hmm...Maud, would you like to retutn Mudbriar back into pony?"

"I would like it". She asked.

"What about you?" A purple alicorn asked me. I beckoned, she understood me even without Fluttershy.

"I see. You know, maybe we will be able to find a spell in my castle, which will be helpful."

"You think, we can do this, Twilight?" Fluttershy asked in uncertainty.

"I only hope. But if Mudbriar could find Maud, we can find a spell, too!" Twilight answered and teleported us into her castle.

We started find a spell to turning me back. Twilight's library were huge, there were so much books. But we couldn't find necessary spell. I was afraid: did that spell really exist? Maud hepled me not to panic, so I calmed down.

"I don't understand, I thought that spell was here!" Twilight said.

"O no, did we failed? I'm so sorry." Fluttershy sobbed. Maud and I still be calm.

"Not panic, only not panic!"

"Actually we can ask help from Princess Celestia, what do you think about that idea?" Maud suggested. That was clever idea. Hinting at this, I quite whined, and Maud smiled.

"You are genious, Maud! Spike, come here please!" Twilight asked a little purple dragon to come.

Spike wrote a letter about me and my reborning to the Princess (the letter was dictated by purple alicorn) and sent a letter. Surprisingly, it was not necessary to wait long for an answer from the Princess. Celestia willingly wanted to help, she was a great leader of our country. Technically, I shouldn't have believed that Princess Celestia was always happy to help her student Twilight Sparkle.

"I can't believe she found it! Now we can turn Mudbriar back. Are you ready?" Twilight asked me. I nodded. Finally my way was truly over. Twilight's horn glowed because of performing the spell, and a purple aura surrounded me. The last thing I saw was Maud's smile. The last thing I felt was a pain in my paws. And the last thing I thought was about my foster mother...

"Is he okay? He looks so weak." I saw Fluttershy through the mist.

"I think so. And weakness is normal, Princess Celestia said so." Twilight answered. It was still a mist.

I slowly onened my eyes and saw Twilight, Fluttershy and Maud, they were smiling. I barked out of habit, which meant "What happened?" Technically, I felt weak and didn't understand anything.

"Mudbriar, look on yourself." Maud said and gave me a mirror.

I took it and looked in the mirror. Guess what: I didn't see a little white dog with brown spots, I saw a grey pony with tired and indifferent gaze , I looked on myself! I looked down, instead of paws there were hooves. There were a big brown spots on my flanks earlier, now, technically, there was a stick in mud as my cutiemark. I couldn't believe, it was working.

I tried to stand on my hooves and almost fell, Twilight magically caught me. Technically, I don't know how long I've been a dog (probably not for very long), but it felt like I'd never been a pony.

"Mudbriar, are you okay?" Maud asked. I tried to find the words. It wasn't hard.

"Technically, I've never been okay as I am now." I smiled. "I missed you".

"I missed you, too." She said, and I felt her lips on my cheek.

Comments ( 1 )

A very nice and fitting ending!. Though, you could show the attackers being brought to justice.

Login or register to comment