• Published 25th Jul 2019
  • 1,573 Views, 220 Comments

Blue Fang - MlpHero



A blue fanged changeling wants to learn about his purpose in life.

  • ...
4
 220
 1,573

Chapter 27: Redemption

A Few Days Later

Blue Fang and Pharynx found themselves walking through Canterlot, on their way to the resident saloon. The two changelings needed to wind down after last week. Blue Fang led his brother to the saloon.

“Why do you think he got killed?”

Blue Fang looked over to Pharynx. “What do you mean?”

The ladder waved his hoof around in a circle. “The poor fella took an arrow to the skull. But why?”

Blue Fang looked down. “I don’t know. One minute I’m chasing someone down, the next I’m holding a dead corpse in my bare bucking hooves.”

“Yeah, that’s fair.”

Blue Fang looked up. “I just don’t know why-”

“Excuse me? Arrowshot?”

The two looked back. There stood an all too familiar purple Alicorn. Blue Fang cringed as she said his alias. He cringed even more as he answered. “Yes ma’am?”

“I came to find you after that… incident in Ponyville. The princesses want to speak with you.”

Blue Fang cringed even more. “Yes ma’am.”

He followed the purple Alicorn to the castle; Pharynx followed them.

~~~

“You called for me?”

That was the first thing Blue Fang said, trying not to cringe even harder. He watched as Celestia sipped a bit of tea. “As I’m sure you know, you were the main witness to the… murder.” He nodded. “I want to know why you were chasing him.”

Blue Fang froze a bit. He didn’t know what to say. “Uh… he threatened my family?”

Celestia and Luna looked at each other. “Really?” Luna asked. He nodded again. “That doesn’t sound like him.”

“Well he did.” Blue Fang looked back at Pharynx, who shrugged with confusion. Bucking helpful, Pharynx.

“Do you know why anyone would want him dead?” Celestia asked with concern.

Blue Fang thought for a second, no one else knew of the pony except Arthrax, Broken and Hex, but why would they want to kill the pony? He shook his head. “Not a clue ma’am. Not a clue.”

~~~

Blue Fang and Pharynx walked towards the saloon. Pharynx shook his head. “What the buck was that, huh?”

Blue Fang rolled his eyes. “I don’t bucking know. I don’t even know if I was supposed to kill him.”

Pharynx nodded, albeit, reluctantly. “I guess that’s fair.”

Blue rolled his eyes again, “come on. Let’s just get to the saloon.”

Pharynx nodded. The two friends walked past the many, many shops, trying to find the saloon. The concrete city was as confusing as a rat maze. He looked around until they finally found the saloon. “Why does one city need so many shops?”

“Don’t ask me,” Pharynx replied, rolling his eyes.

The two friends looked at the saloon, which looked much different than the one in Ponyville. This saloon mostly looked way more fancy. Blue Fang was impressed. “I know the one in Ponyville was bad, but maybe this’ll be different.”

“What makes you say that?” Pharynx asked.

“A ling can hope.

The two friends trotted into the building. Blue Fang was right; the inside of the building was way nicer than the other saloon; glass chandeliers, comfortable chairs, and one heckuva bar table. Blue and Pharynx stood in amazement.

“I guess this is how the high class stuff their faces, eh?” Pharynx said.

“Yep,” Blue replied.

The two friends walked over to the bar stand and found their seats. Blue signaled the bartender. The familiar looking mare walked over. “Hello fellers, what can I get you two?”

Blue and Pharynx smiled. “Well miss Sweet Dreams, can we get some wine? Blueberry for me.”

“And grape wine for me.”

Kydra nodded and went to work. The boys watched as Kydra went to work, moving as fast as a locust swarm. They cheered as she passed the two wine glasses to them. “Dang Ky- er.. Sweet, you have a serious talent in the kitchen,” Pharynx said sarcastically.

“Aww, buck off,” Kydra said.

Blue took a sip. “Wow. That’s the best wine I’ve ever had.”

Kydra smiled. “Thanks.” She leaned closer to the two changelings. “So, how’s the hunt for Hive going?” she whispered.

“Well, we’re following up on Arthrax and Hex’s lead. We’re gonna look around the warehouses later today.”

Kydra sighed. “Y’know Zen misses him, right?”

Blue nodded. “Yeah. We’re gonna find him. If we don’t… Chrysalis be cursed.”

“You bet,” Pharynx said.

The two friends took more drinks from their wine. A few more ponies trotted into the saloon. They looked around the saloon for a while, as if looking for something. Or someone. Blue and Pharynx ignored them for as long as they could. Then, they looked over to the two changelings. “Hey, you two!”

They looked over. They didn’t know what to say, nor think. Blue spoke up. “Yeah? Can we help you fellers?”

They trotted closer. “We recognize you! You were the one chasing around our Boss!”

Blue and Pharynx looked over. “Pardon?”

The pony in front pointed towards Blue. “You. You chased our boss through Ponyville last week.” He then pointed to Pharynx. “And you help him escape.”

The two changelings exchanged glances, then looked at Kydra, who nodded. They nodded back, and looked at the ponies. “Look fellers, you got the wrong pair.”

They looked at them with doubt. Pharynx and Blue nodded at each other. They looked back at the ponies. They, of course, didn’t believe it. “You two can come quietly, or we’ll force you out.”

Blue and Pharynx decided it was to end there. They jumped behind the counter with Kydra. The ponies began firing at them, causing the many patrons to flee in terror. “Buck!” Kydra yelled.

“We gotta get outta here!” Pharynx yelled.

“How the hay are we supposed to do that?!” Blue yelled back.

Pharynx charged his antler-like horns, “we fight our way out!” he said, before raising up and firing at the ponies.

Blue and Kydra nodded and rose up to fight.

Blue took aim and fired at a couple of the ponies, who took cover behind some of the tables. A pony peeked over to take fire. His beams struck some wine glasses near Blue. “Buck!” he shouted.

“You alright?!” Kydra asked.

He nodded. “Yeah… it didn’t pierce me.” He peeked over the counter and took fire at an exposed pony’s head, dropping the pony.

Another pony took fire at Blue, causing Pharynx to take fire at the pony, dropping the pony.

Two more ponies raised up and fired. Kydra wasted no time, and fired an ES at the ponies. The ES sent a bunch of debris flying. “Get down!” Kydra yelled.

The three changelings quickly ducked behind the counter as shards of wood, glass, and chunks of rocks flew towards them.

They stood up, coughing as the smoke cleared. They hopped over the counter and walked over to the leader, who had a few pieces of shrapnel caught in his flesh. “Poor fella never had a chance…” Blue said.

“Yeah,” Kydra muttered. “Let’s get outta here.”

Then, the three changelings walked out of the ruined saloon. They looked around the city, only to see a group of Royal Guards running towards them. “We gotta move,” Pharynx stated. “Don’t wanna get jailed.”

“Yeah. Let’s move into those alleyways and lay low for a while,” Blue Fang said.

The three changelings then ran into the alleyways to lay low for a while.

~~~

Kydra looked at Blue Fang. He looked a bit stressed. She trotted over to him. “Hey Blue. What’s wrong?”

“Nothing, I just… well… I miss Hive.”

Kydra tilted her head. “Really?”

He nodded. “I still can’t believe he took a shot for me and Zen. I just can’t stop thinking about it…”

She smiled. “Aww, Blue.” She walked over to the changeling and hugged him. “We’ll find him Blue. I promise.”

He smiled. “Thanks Ky.”

She smiled before trotting away. Blue looked over to Pharynx, who waited for Kydra to walk around a corner before saying, “Blue, just kiss her already!”

Blue blushed hard. “It’s not like that!”

“Oh bull crap! You obviously like her!” Pharynx teased before trotting over. “Just ask her out, already! You’ve been in the friend-zone for the past like eighteen years!”

Blue sat against the wall. “And what if I do? She wouldn’t say yes… she’s practically a changeling princess! Me? I’m just a—”

“AHH!”

The two looked over to the alley Kydra had just disappeared behind. “Kydra!” They called out before running down the alley. They found a pony holding a knife to her throat. “Get back! I don’t wanna hurt anyone! I just want money!” the pony said.

Blue and Pharynx watched as the pony stepped towards them. “Just put the knife down…” Pharynx said calmly, “we don’t have any money. Just let her go and maybe we can—”

“What?! You don’t have any money?!” the pony asked. He put the knife closer to Kydra’s throat. “Why… I should—”

Blue started growling, dropping his pony form, and revealing coal grey skin.

“What is that?! Is… that a monster?!” He threw Kydra to the side, causing Blue to become more Enraged.

“You ANIMAL!” Blue roared before charging the pony, grabbing his knife and shanking the pony.

“No! Please— Slash! I— Slash!” The pony let out a gurgling breath before Blue buried the knife into him one more time, letting the pony slide down the wall.

He started breathing heavily before backing away. He looked at the others, who stared at him. “We should move before somepony finds him.”

“Alright. The warehouses aren’t too far away from here,” Pharynx stated.

“Alright. Let’s move,” Kydra said.

~~~

The three changelings trotted towards the warehouses. Blue Fang looked at the water leading out to the Celestial Sea. He looked over to the docks, watching the many boats leave and dock at the port.

He then looked up to the three warehouses. He smiled a bit. Hive was in one of those houses, he was sure of it. He looked at Pharynx and Kydra. “Okay. You both can turn away now. I won’t judge you.” He watched them. “Y’all in? Or out?”

“I’m in,” Kydra said.

“Me too,” Pharynx followed up.

Blue nodded. “Alright. I’ll take the third one.”

“I’ll take the second one,” Kydra volunteered.

“Okay. I got the first one,” Pharynx waved his hoof. “Now let’s move. Return to camp after you finish your searches.”

“Hura!”

The three changelings split up and ran to their respective warehouses. Blue couldn’t hold his excitement. He was finally gonna save Hive. He reached the warehouse door. He dropped his disguise and slowly opened the metal door and trotted in. He lit his horn up. “Hive? Are you in here?” He trotted deeper into the building. He looked around the dimly lit building. “Hive! It’s me, Blue Fang! I’m here!” He looked around the building.

He walked in a large room, with a small empty chair. He looked at the chair, wondering why it was empty. He walked over to the chair. “Hello? Who’s there— ack!”

He felt someone’s hoof wrap around his neck. He looked up to see a Royal Guard standing behind him. “You.”

Blue tried to break the stranglehold, but to no avail. The guards grip was too strong.

“What are you here for, you buggy bucker?”

“Hive… Hunter…” Blue managed to gasp.

“Heh. That motherbucker? He sure ain’t here! We couldn’t find him. Maybe you can he—”

The guard collapsed to the ground, letting Blue fall to the ground with him. He gasped for breath, before turning, expecting to see Kydra, Pharynx, or both.

Instead, he saw Queen Chrysalis.

~~~

“Chrysalis!” Blue exclaimed, surprised by the sight.

“Blue Fang. I’m so glad I found you.” She said, almost panicking. “I needed to warn you!”

He looked up in surprise. He didn’t expect his former Queen to greet him like this. He expected her to try and attack him, but a warning? He hugged her back. “Warm me? About what?” he asked, still not trusting her.

She continued breathing, as if she’d been running. She looked away. “It’s Hex and Arthrax! They’re planning to betray you!”

He looked up, his defensive stance dropping. “W-What?!”

She nodded. “Yes! They tried getting you arrested with the train, and then tried to kill you with that lead! They don’t care about your gang or it’s loyalty! They only want the money!”

“Oh no! The rest of my friends are at camp with them! What should I do?!”

She looked at him as if he were crazy or stupid. “Don’t just stand here! Go save your friends!”

Blue nodded. “Yes ma’am.” Blue turned and started to run to the exit.

“Oh! And Blue Fang?”

Blue turned around. “Yes ma’am?”

She leaned towards him and kissed his forehead. “I love you.”

Blue Fang smiled. “I love you too, mama.”

~~~

Blue galloped towards the camp as fast as he could, trying not to stop. How could he be so naive? All those leads were just death traps! He should’ve seen it! It stuck out like gold in a mud puddle!

Why didn’t I see through the ruse? They were so oblivious!

He looked up to the twilight sky. He then noticed a deer prancing by a nearby lake, then he noticed a wolf stalking through some nearby trees. He looked ahead. He didn’t know what to expect. I swear… when I get my hooves on those rats!

Blue continued running towards the camp, praying to Chrysalis that it wasn’t too late.

~~~

“Hurry up and pack those bags Zenex and Kydra!” Arthrax ordered.

“Well, we’re doin’ my our!” Kydra snapped at him, before going back to packing the bags with Zenex.

“Well hurry! We ain’t got much time! Hurry!”

“We just got plenty of time, Arthrax.”

They looked over to see Blue Fang arriving into camp. The others gasped and sighed with relief. Blue looked at the others. “We all need to have a little talk.”

“Blue Tooth, you’re back. Hooray,” Hex sarcastically cheered.

Blue glared at him before looking at Arthrax. “I just saw an old friend, Arthax. It was Queen Chrysalis.” The others gasped as he said the name, especially Pharynx. Blue continued. “She’s okay. Not like you… care about her. You rats. Both of you.” The two brothers seemed to recoil at that insult. “It seems these two were pretty far from our loyalty.”

Hex frowned. “What the hay are you talking about, Blue Tooth?”

Blue growled. “You’ll talked.”

They recoiled again. “That’s a Chrysalis-danged lie!” Hex snapped.

Blue turned to his older brother. “Broken.”

Arthrax cut him off, “Broken, think of our future.”

“Chrysalis told me,” Blue informed his brother.

Arthrax chuckled. “And you believe her Blue Tooth? You believe her?” He turned away from Blue.

Blue turned away from them. He couldn’t believe he hadn’t seen through their disguise. Then he remembered how every lead they’d given them went south. The train, the lead on Hive’s whereabouts. Both death traps. “It all makes sense now…”

Arthrax sneered. “...No, it sure a heck doesn’t.”

They then turned around, horns charged, ready to fight. The other Fangs recoiled as the two opponents stood in a stalemate. “Broken… think!” Blue pleaded.

“Broken… be practical now,” Arthrax tried persuading him to their side.

Brokenwing looked at the two opponents, wondering what to do. He always had an answer, but now? Now he didn’t know what to do.

“Broken!”

They turned to the nearby shrubbery to see a familiar red changeling limping out of the bushes.

“Hive?!” Zen said.

“They left me… They left me to die!” Hivehunter snapped at them.

Broken ran over to him. “Hive… I’m sorry… I should’ve…”

“They… they left me!”

The Fangs turned to face Hex and Arthrax.

Pharynx stepped up. “All of you. You pick your sides now because this is over!”

Blue looked at Broken. “All those years Broken; for these snakes?!” Blue snapped.

Hex chuckled, “be quiet Blue Tooth, be quiet you live in the clouds!” he yelled, still giving his sinister sneer.

Grubber stepped up. “No! You be quiet, you traitors and lower your horns!”

The stand-off was getting even hotter as most of the Fangs got up, and started moving towards the Fangs end of the spectrum.

Then, Dagger ran over, looking panicked. “There’s RG’s coming! Fast!” They turned to face him.

Hex then shot Grubber in the leg while his back was turned. “Argh!” he yelled, collapsing to the ground.

“Now!” Arthrax yelled. Grubber convulsed on the floor, still yelling. “Who among you is with us?!” he paused and looked at the Fangs. “And who is betraying us?!”

Mitchell and Clover started trotting over to the Fangs. “Mitchell! Clover! Think for yourselves!” Hex tried pleading.

Arthrax looked at the changelings. “Blue’s lying… he’s lying!”

They stood in a tense stand-off until…

“Put your hooves up!”

A magic blast struck the ground near them.

“Ah buck them!” Arthrax yelled. “Move!”

The Fangs got behind cover. Blue looked at the group. “Ready gang?”

“Yeah,” Hive said.

The Fangs rose up and fired at the charging guards. Blue didn’t think he’d ever feel like this ever again. But he had his friends beside him, and they were willing to go down beside him.

A few Explosion Spells landed next to them. “Buck!” Clover yelled. “We gotta go!”

“Yeah we can’t stay here!” Dagger yelled back.

“Okay! Dagger, start a smoke screen!” Broken said.

“On it!”

Dagger shot a smoke spell and covered their retreat. Blue found Pharynx, Zen, and Kydra and motioned for them to follow him. “Everyone split up into small groups!” Blue yelled.

The four changelings began running through the woods. While running, they found a group of RG’s. “Fire!” Blue ordered.

The four changelings began firing at the RG’s. Zen peeked over and fired at them, dropping two. Kydra shot a few ES’s and blew the guards out of their holes.

Another beam struck from behind.

Blue and Pharynx turned around and fired at the guards flanking their rear. Blue shot at two of the guards, dropping one, and injuring the other. Pharynx dropped three of them. They looked back to Kydra and Zenex. “Come on!”

“Blue wait.”

Blue and Pharynx turned back to the two. “What’s wrong?” Blue asked.

Kydra looked down. “Blue… we need help.” Blue and Pharynx looked at each other in confusion. She looked back at them. “I think Thorax can help.”

“Thorax?! Why him?!” Pharynx asked.

“Because we can trust him.” She looked at Pharynx. “Please, he can help us,” she pleaded with them.

Pharynx looked down. “I… I guess…”

Kydra looked down to Zenex. “Come on Zen, let’s move.” Zen shook his head. She looked at him. “Come on Zen.”

He shook his head and looked at Blue. “I’m coming with you.”

Blue looked at Pharynx, then back at Zenex. “Why?” Blue asked.

He sighed. “My whole life, I’ve been hiding in a shadow. I wanna be brave and do something for once!”

Pharynx walked over. “But it’s dangerous, especially for a nymph! You’re better off with Ky.”

Blue looked at Zen. On one hoof, Zen would be a great help for them but would be in danger, but on the other, he’d be safer with Ky, however, they might get jailed without his help.

Blue looked at Zen. “Please Blue! Let me go with you!”

[Take Zenex]
(Click Link)

[Leave Zenex]
(Click Link)