• Published 25th Jul 2019
  • 1,573 Views, 220 Comments

Blue Fang - MlpHero



A blue fanged changeling wants to learn about his purpose in life.

  • ...
4
 220
 1,573

The Sinner’s Path

A few days later..

Broken and Ky walked through the hive cemetery. They walk towards a certain resting spot. They held back tears as they read the name.

Zenex.

A few feet away, was another grave. One that belonged to a bug named Blue Fang, but they didn’t talk about him.

Broken still teared up at the sight. Sure, he left them for the money, but they were still brothers. He looked at Kydra, who started to tear up. He sighed. “Come on, Ky. Let’s go.”

She nodded and decided to follow Broken. They walked out of the cemetery, and bumped into someone they didn’t expect to. Broken looked up. “Chrysalis?”

The royal changeling nodded. She smiled at them. “I know I’m not supposed to be here, but I need to tell you something.”

They exchanged glances. “What is it, Mother?” Broken asked.

She looked around, then back at the two changelings. “Well, I know where Arthrax is.”

They looked at each other. “Really?” Kydra asked, wiping the tears from her eyes. “Wh-Where is he?”

She looked down. “He’s at the dragon lands. At Mount Charcoal.”

The two changelings looked down. “He’s hiding. He’s waiting,” Kydra said.

Chrysalis nodded. She looked back. “Well, I better get going. I wish you the best of luck.” With that, she flew away.

The two changelings watched her fly away, then looked at each other. They bowed their heads. “Come on, Ky.” Kydra looked at Broken. “Let’s go get the Fangs. And let’s bag this bucker.”

She nodded and ran off. Broken looked back. He sighed. “We’re coming for you, Arthrax. You better watch yourself.”

~~~

The Fangs along with Pharynx, trotted through the dragon lands. They looked around, trying to find Mount Charcoal. They continued to search, until they noticed a giant mountain off in the distance. Mantis looked up. “I wonder… what Blue’s doing…”

Dagger snarled. “He’s probably resting in Tartarus for what he did,” he growled. “After all the trouble he went through together, he decides money is better than his family!”

Stinger nodded. “So much for no changeling left behind.”

Hive was the most furious. “I can’t believe that he turned around and left! After how I took a shot for him, he turns and leaves it in the dirt! And on top of that, Zen was… was…” He started to drop his composure.

“It’s okay, Hive,” Kydra said. “We didn’t know it would happen like that…”

Hive sighed. “I guess… but I should've been there… I could’ve prevented it…”

Mitchell looked over. “We all wish that. But, what’s in the past is in the past. As much as we hate it… we can’t do anything about it.”

“You sound like the voice of experience,” Mantis said.

“Trust me. I am,” Mitchell said, looking down.

The Fangs continued to walk. Soon, they would be at Mount Charcoal. Soon, they’d find Arthrax. Soon. They’d have their revenge.

~~~

The Fangs continued to walk, finding a small cave. Pharynx looked ahead. “I guess this is where we go.” The others agreed. They began walking. Pharynx started breathing heavily. Something felt… off.

He looked back to the other Fangs, who nodded at him. They continued walking until…

Bang!

They looked behind to see a large explosion, followed by falling rocks. Pharynx’s eyes widened. “RUN!” he yelled.

The Fangs started running, trying their best not to get crushed. They eventually found the exit and just barely escaped the cave in. Pharynx looked around. “We made it!” he cheered.

“But where is Dag? And Mitchell? And Stinger and Mantis?” Kydra asked.

They looked around, and started yelling out. But got no response. Kydra felt her heart drop. They…

…they were gone…

Pharynx sighed. “Come on… let’s go…” he muttered.

The Fangs continued to walk towards the peak. Pharynx sighed again. “I’m… sorry. I hope you’ll wait for us. I hope you will.”

~~~

“HAHAHAHA!”

Pharynx looked up at Arthrax as he cackled. He snarled. “Give up, Arthrax! You’re done!”

“I could say the same thing about the Fangs!” he yelled back.

Pharynx growled. He looked over to Hive, who had a stick of dynamite in his hoof. He looked at Pharynx. “Pharynx! Go to Sire’s Hollows! Tell Lavender… I’m sorry!”

Pharynx’s eyes widened as Hivehunter lit the dynamite and charged. “Hive! No!”

Before he knew it, an explosion shook the ground up. They looked over to see the barricade destroyed and Arthrax running away. Pharynx, Kydra, and Brokenwing gave chase, not before stopping beside Hive’s body. Pharynx sighed. “I’ll tell them. I’ll tell them you’re sorry…”

~~~

Pharynx looked down to see Arthrax waiting, knife drawn. He drew his knife, along with Kydra. The two flew down and began to fight the changeling.

“You tore our gang apart!” Pharynx yelled.

“So what?! You killed my brother!”

“Your brother killed Zenex!”

“And what about Blue?” he asked, smuggling.

Pharynx growled. “He left us… he ain’t one of us.”

“Too bad the other Fangs aren’t here to see this!” He snarled.

“They’re watching over us right now!” Kydra yelled.

“I wish that were the case.”

They continued to battle. Pharynx and Arthrax clashed blades while Kydra joined in when she could.

Then, Arthrax knocked Pharynx to the ground and tried to kill him, but Kydra intervened. The two clashed blades. Then, Arthrax slashed at her leg, causing her to fall. He then dug the knife into her abdomen.

Brokenwing’s jaw dropped. “KYDRA!” he cried watching her lifeless body fall down dead.

Pharynx looked up. He stared in horror as he watched Arthrax kick her body into the lava pit.

Broken gritted his teeth. Without hesitation, he jumped down and engaged his opponent. Arthrax was caught off guard and Broken slashed Arthrax across the neck.

Arthrax fell down gasping for air, before Broken started going wild on his body, stabbing it in fits of rage. He then backed up to see what he had done. He felt nothing. He grabbed the body and threw it off the side of the mountain.

He looked at Pharynx. “Come on.”

Pharynx nodded and followed Broken.

~~~

Brokenwing looked at the brothers. Thorax was a bit emotional. “Are… are you sure you wanna leave?” he asked.

Broken nodded. “The Fangs are gone, but I’m still here. Creatures all around are going to hear of our legacy.”

Thorax ran over for one more hug. “We’ll miss you.”

He smiled and hugged him back. “I’ll be gone for a while, but soon, I’ll be here to stay.”

“You’re always welcome.”

Pharynx walked over to Broken. “I… I don’t know what to say…” he tried to hold back tears.

Broken smiled. He wrapped Pharynx in an embrace. “It’s okay Pharynx. I’ll be back. But first, I have to spread our legacy. Our struggles. Our story… it’s what they would’ve wanted.”

“Of course.”

They said their final goodbyes before Broken departed. He looked up to the sky. The Fangs were gone, but their stories will be told for all to hear.

The End