• Published 25th Jul 2019
  • 1,573 Views, 220 Comments

Blue Fang - MlpHero



A blue fanged changeling wants to learn about his purpose in life.

  • ...
4
 220
 1,573

Thou Sins Have Been Forgiven

The Fangs trotted through the reformed hive, soon entering the cemetery. Kydra had tears forming in her eyes as they stood over the two graves. Mitchell wiped her eyes. “It’s okay, Kydra. They’re in a better place now.”

She looked at him. “Okay... okay.” She wiped her eyes, then placed a bouquet of flowers on the two graves.

Broken clutched his hoof. “Blue...” he muttered, starting to tear up. He sniffled as he imagined his brother’s smile. He wiped the tears from his eyes, only for more to form in them. “I’m sorry... I’m so... so sorry...”

Despite all of their mourning, one of them was the most audible. They turned to the red-eyed changeling, who was sobbing in between the two grave stones. “Zenex...” he sobbed, looking at the nymphs resting spot. “Blue Fang...” He turned to face his former rival.

The others walked over to the crying changeling. “Hivehunter...” Stinger said, rubbing his carapace.

“I... I miss them so much...” Hive said, wiping the tears away.

“We all do, but you can’t beat yourself up for it...” Mitchell said.

The other Fangs hugged the changeling. Hive smiled and leaned into the embrace.

“Such a cute family.”

They turned around to see a certain changeling Queen looking at them.

“Mother?” Broken said.

She trotted over to the grieving changelings. She sighed, sitting next to the two graves. “Two more children gone.”

Broken looked at her. “Why are you here?” he asked.

She laid two bouquets of her own and sighed. “I know where Arthrax is.”

They perked up. “Where is he?” Hive asked.

She looked over. “The Dragon Lands,” she said solemnly.

Hive growled before running off. “Hive wait!” Kydra called out to him, but he kept running.

Broken placed his hoof on her shoulder. “Just let him go, Ky,” Broken said solemnly.

She nodded, leaning into Broken’s chest, sniffling a bit. He sighed and wrapped his hooves around her, letting her cry a bit. “I miss them so much…”

Broken nodded, rubbing her head. “I know Kydra. I know…” he sighed, a few tears leaving his eyes. He looked over to the others, who watched the two interact. They looked at Broken, waiting for approval. Broken frowned and nodded. “Let’s get this bug.”

“Hura sir,” Mitchell said. “Hura.”

~~~

The Fangs had marched for a while, trying not to melt like changeling-cicles due to the heat of the Dragon Lands. They looked back at the large group of reformed changelings following them. Mitchell looked at Pharynx. “Are you sure bringing Thorax and these guys along?”

Pharynx nodded, looking back at them. “I mean, Hive isn’t here… we’re better off safe than sorry.”

“Okay, okay…” Mitchell looked over to Broken. He frowned, looking at his Captain, who was kicking a pebble across the ground. “You okay, sir?”

Broken shrugged. “I dunno anymore…” he managed to utter. “Blue… Zen… both gone… who else can we lose?” he asked, as they trekked through a cave. Mitchell dared not to answer that question, instead focusing on the nearby exit.

Pharynx looked over. “Is it weird that I sorta… miss Hive?”

The others looked over in surprise. “Really?”

Pharynx silently nodded. “I feel bad for him… especially since Zen is gone.”

The others nodded, looking at the exit. “I’m sure you two can talk when we get home...” Thorax said.

“I’m not so sure about that…” Mantis said, his eyes going grey. They all looked to the exit to see a certain red changeling sitting against a few rocks…

...with an arrow sticking out of his abdomen.

Pharynx’s eyes widened and he ran over. “Hive? Hivehunter?!” he kneeled down to the injured changeling. “Hive!” he says, lifting the red changeling’s head up. “Medic! Anyone!”

“Pharynx...”

“Not now buddy, just rest!” he said, putting pressure on his wound. “Someone do something!” he cried out. “Come on, stay with me buddy!”

Hive pulled out a bloodied envelope. “Pharynx…” he uttered, grabbing Pharynx’s hoof. “Deliver this to Sire’s Hollows…” he ordered. “Tell her… I’m… sorry…” His eyes didn’t even shut. He just went limp, much to Pharynx’s dismay.

He started shaking his head. “Oh nonononono! Hive! No no! NO! HIVE!” he cried, shaking the limp changeling, trying to wake him up, but to no avail.

A changeling ran up. “Pharynx! We have to go! Now!”

Pharynx pushed the changeling away. “Get off me!” he snapped, trying to hold back tears, before looking back at Hive and grabbing his letter. “I’m… I’m sorry…”

They stared at his limp body before continuing up the mountain.

~~~

Broken watched as Arthrax swung his knife at him. He winced, grabbing Arthrax and kicking him back. Artrax snarled, and tried to slash Broken, but Kydra grabbed him around the neck, choking him. He shook her off, pushing her closer to a nearby lava pit. She yelped, rolling away from the lava. He and Ky began fighting, slashing and throwing punches. He eventually pushes her to the ground. Arthrax snarled, charging Broken. He rolled out of the way, trying not to get stabbed. Broken swings again, but he got knocked to the ground, before finding a knife in his stomach. Arthrax smirked, pulling out his brother’s crossbow.

“Goodbye, Captain Broken.” Before he can fire, Kydra tackles him, sending the arrow into the ground next to him. The crossbow dropped, and the two continued fighting. Broken crawled over to crossbow, but Arthrax kicked it away, then kicked him in the face. Broken slipped in and out of consciousness, watching as Arthrax tripped Kydra and began beating her with his hooves.

Broken looked at the knife in his stomach, before grabbing it and pulling on it. He winced, feeling the knife cuts his stomach, before finally yanking it out. Broken’s eyes glow piercing blue, before twirling the knife in his hoof.

“Broken. Take the shot!”


Blue.

Broken growled, before throwing the knife at Arthrax, burying it in the changeling’s eye. The changeling fell down limp. Kydra laid there for a bit as the others ran down to them. Stinger examined them, first checking on Kydra, who sat up. Then, he ran over to Brokenwing.

“It looks worse than it actually is. You’ll live.”

Broken groans as they lift him up. They grab him and carry him off, letting Kydra kick Arthrax into the lava.

~~~

A Few Days Later…

Broken looked at a photo of Blue Fang. His eyes began tearing up a bit, before he set the picture down. His brother was gone. As well as Rage. Two souls extinguished at once…

Heh, not yet.

Broken immediately sat up, looking around. “R-Rage?” he asked, looking around and wiping his eyes. Then, his looked down, before looking back up, his eyes glowing sharp blue.

Hello Broken.

The End.

Comments ( 16 )

Oh wow...the beginning made me tear up though...that was an amazing end...

10366707
Yes...I really liked the thing with Hive telling Pharynx to deliver the letter to Sire's Hollow

10366712
Yeah. I like how Hive and Pharynx usually hate each other, but then this happens

10366715
Yeah...poor Pharynx, freaking out like that...it was a great ending though

10366720
No problem. I love your stories about these guys

“Broken. Take the shot!”

Wow. Ironic echo.

awesome story nice call of duty ww2 reference :pinkiehappy::twilightsmile:

Is this story in any way related to The Change Gang?

Why didn't you respond to my comment?

10960865
10971314
Sorry. Yes, it’s related in some aspects

Login or register to comment