• Published 25th Jul 2019
  • 1,572 Views, 220 Comments

Blue Fang - MlpHero



A blue fanged changeling wants to learn about his purpose in life.

  • ...
4
 220
 1,572

Chapter 1: The Bluest Fangs (Edited (3/13/2020)

Blue Fang

By Mlphero123

***

The egg hatchery. The coldest, darkest, and sometimes even most depressing part of the Hive. The small eggs were protected from the bad conditions by special silk webbing. The small green eggs began shaking. Two Changelings walked into the small chamber. The one of which was the Queen herself. Chrysalis.

The other, much younger Changeling was named Brokenwing. He was accompanying the Queen to help with the new hatchlings. The two Changelings walked through the hatchery. “Mother,” Brokenwing said, “why are we here?”

“You said you were going to help with the hatchlings.”

He nodded, “yes ma’am, but you seem a bit more excited than usual.”

She almost smiled. Brokenwing couldn’t believe it! The Queen of Changelings! Smiling?! The one who had survived long enough to see the Changeling-Pony War. The one who had to watch her sons die, only to sit in the same room with their killers just to sign the Equestria Rules and Laws of Warfare treaty? That wasn’t the Queen Brokenwing knew. “You see Brokenwing, I’ve made a failsafe in case I perish or am captured.” She showed his a special part of the hatchery. She opened a door that seem almost invisible, as if it were made to hide something. She motioned her hoof to it, “well? Take it a look.”

Brokenwing peeked into the room. There, on a small pedestal laid a small egg. Brokenwing was confused. Why would this one egg out of them all be given this form of treatment. “What is this, Mother?”

“My daughter.”

She walked towards the egg and picked it up. “Inside this egg is the heir to the throne.” She stroked the top of the egg. “Come on Wing, let’s go get the others.”

The two Changelings walked out off the room. “Just in time,” Brokenwing said. The eggs started rattling. The two moved towards the eggs. One-by-one the eggs started hatching. It wasn’t hard to get the Changelings out of the eggs, and counting them wasn’t a problem. The only problem was naming them. Some were easier than others. Then all the eggs hatched. All except one. Brokenwing walked over to the small egg. “Come on little guy. You can do it.”

Chrysalis let down the last Changeling. “Alright Kydra. That’s the last one,” she said stroking the baby Changeling on her shoulder.

“Mother! We got one more!”

She looked over her shoulder. Brokenwing was holding a small blue fanged Changeling.

“Hmm...” Chrysalis said, “what do you want to name him?”

Brokenwing looked down, “Blue Fang.”