• Published 26th Apr 2019
  • 492 Views, 28 Comments

The Last Twilight of Equestria - Bronix



Equestria is falling to the Darkness, will the lavender mare and her friends save the day?

  • ...
 28
 492

4. The power of the Keyblade

The courtyard was relatively safe, only a few monsters were roaming around. The sounds of a distant clash remained. The moon was full. This night trully felt like... The night of Fate.

"See? told ya it's safe!" - Rainbow chuckles as she enters the courtyard with the rest right behind her - "It's kinda nice, actually."

She was right. Despite the rain and overall darkness, it was pretty pleasant. The temperature outside was much lower than during a regular summer day, but the southwestern breeze made it perfect. But now was no time for admiring the weather, all of Equestria could be endangered.

"It should be easier this time, get ready girls!" - Twilight stands in a battle pose, ready to draw the magical key, when something stopped her.

"K e y b l a d e . . ."

The word Keyblade kept echoing through Twilight's head.

"a Key...blade? Is th- Nevermind, I'll think about this later. Now, I need to get rid of these creatures!" - Twilight thinks to herself, summoning the "keyblade" afterwords.

however when Twilight drew her key the monsters started gathering, and before anypony could do anything they formed into what seemed to be a black, swirling tornado!

"H-Huh? they didn't do that before!" - Twilight exclaims as she takes a step back.
"I knew this was a bad idea!" - Fluttershy mutters as she hides her head under her wings.
"We need to defeat it! Watch this!" - Rainbow says before flying straight towards the monster tornado.
"Rainbow, No!" - Twilight yeels, but to no avail. Her voice could no longer reach Rainbow Dash.

Her kicks didn't work before, and so they had no results here. Before giving up, she wanted to try something else, but that was the moment the monster tornado retaliated.

First, a few monster were jumping off that tornado trying to hit her, but she easily dodged these attacks, until all of the monsters collapsed on her, it next swallowed her and restored it's previous state.

Twilight couldn't just look at her friends being swallowed by some monster-tornado-thing, she had to do something!

As she ran towards the monsters, she heard the same familiar voice echoing through her mind.

" U s e T h e K e y b l a d e . . .

She was determined to stop this thing. Not only Rainbow Dash could be hurt, but it stands in the way of them, and the Princess. Twilight was great at magic before, but the Keyblade seemed to boost her power further, or at least it felt like it.
She had already memorized spells like Fire, Blizzard, or Reflect so she had the upper hand. These monsers seemed to be really sensitive to Reflect magic. The keyblade also had the power to break through the "anti magic barrier" made from Chrysalis' throne, so Twilight could even use her telekinesis.

With tears in her eyes the lavender mare rushed towards the demon tower, doing her best to dodge its attacks and to land hers as well. Whenever she knew she couldn't dodge she would cast reflect. It tired her out, but she had no other way. Every time she cast a spell. she felt like something was being drained from her, something like magical essense? She wasn't sure, but she didn't care as well. With her telekinesis she would swing the keyblade at individual monsters, she believe that this was the way to destroy it.

She had no idea how much time will pass until she won't be able to fight, but she knew it will be soon. Twilight felt so weak, almost like a regular, untalented unicorn. She couldn't understand it, but she had no time to really think about this either.

The creature started to land more hits on Twilight, but she just couldn't give up, she knew had her friends by her side. She knew she had to win this fight, or otherwise this night will become... The Night of Tragedy.

After realising what's at stake, Twi regained some of her lost strength and started casting more spells, some of them even became stronger in the process, that's how she learnt grand magic. But it wasn't that kind of magic that got her through this fight. The real that saved her, was the magic of friendship. This time it wasn't the elements of harmony that connected, this time, their hearts did.

After gaining that knowledge, Twi knew how to end this battle.

"My friends are my power, and I'm theirs! " - With the power of their hearts, Twilight was able to charge a powerful spell, which made the dark tornado shake, and then break apart, which afterwards disappeared.

Rainbow was laying unconscious, covered in black powder, wielding slightly darker colors of blue.

The biggest worry is yet to come, because the distant sounds of a duel have stopped and the moon felt slightly different, but maybe it was just the clouds...

Comments ( 5 )

nice work

10390438
Thanks a lot, really appreciate it ^^

i hope to see more of this in the near future! You're doing awesomely! ^^

10391004
Thanks a lot! really appreciate it!

Come back to this story when u got free time, k ;)

Login or register to comment