• Published 26th May 2019
  • 1,471 Views, 45 Comments

Fluttercord vs. Dislestia - Miner

  • ...
2
 45
 1,471

Letters

Pharynx POV

As per request by Discord, I started my mission to uncover why some of his friends are acting differently. In my opinion, this is a waste of time. But I would rather deal with this than have Discord cause chaos around the hive. However, being the second in command to a changeling hive has an advantage. That is having plenty of professionally trained soldiers that can easily hide in plain sight. Let's see what they have to report.

Drone: code name, Yellow wing,
Observation: 223
Target: Fluttershy
Mission: Reconnaissance

Target was last spotted leaving Canterlot Castle with a new acquaintance not seen with her before. Perhaps this new pony is the reason for the change in her behavior. More surveillance is required. Target boarded the train to Pony Ville and arrived at the household at nightfall. The new pony now identified as Tempest Shadow seems to be calming Fluttershy down as she applies bandages on Target's forehead and forelegs. Target was very vocal about an argument with Princess Celestia over a Picnic date. Unable to determine a reasonable explanation for the outburst. After a late-night snack, both ponies turn in for the night.

Tempest? I think I recall that mare has something to do with a Canterlot invasion some years back. You know, after all the times that it has been invaded. They would have upgraded their defenses by now. It is rather odd finding her with Fluttershy. I wonder what is going on.

Drone: code name, White Winter
Observation: 220
Target: Princess Celestia
Mission: Reconnaissance

Target was found leaving the medical wing of Canterlot Castle with a limb in her step. The medical record indicates that she had multiple splinters across her back, along with various bruises and bite marks across her body. Treatment recommends a cold bath and rest for the next two days. Princess Luna had talked with her sister that evening to discuss what had happened. Princess Celestia comments, "I fell down some stairs." Princess Luna didn't seem convinced as she gestured to her sister's wings where the bite marks were the most visible. Target avoided any further questions by retreating into her bed chambers, stating that she needed to lower the sun.

I am not convinced myself. Her Highness didn't receive any injuries when she was ponynapped by the hive. Twice. There is no way a fall down a flight of stairs could hurt her. After all, she got hit by a full-power Hive Queen and was only knocked out. What in the world happened to get her hurt?

Furthermore, I am not sure why both mares are injured. The obvious conclusion would be that they fought each other. But that is preposterous. These two mares are known as the nicest mares in all of Equestria. There is no way they would be trying to beat each other senselessly for no reason. But what else could it be?

The castle guards are not on high alert; all is quiet on the new media. So, there is no new threat to Equestria. Not to mention that both mares are keeping a low profile about their injuries. Which begs the question, why did they fight each other? I need more information to work with. Discord would flip out if he found out that these mares are figh- wait.

Two mares were severely injured, both friends with Discord. Two girls are fighting each other and are friends with a boy. No. No nonononono that would be ridiculous. No! There has to be a better reason.


"Ah, Pharynx?" Thorax says warily.

"Not now!" he continues to hit his head on the wall as dents start to form.

"I normally wouldn't impose, but why are to trying to make a hole in the wall with your head?"

"To knock some sense back in." He smashes his head one more time before his body goes rigid. Before Thorax could say anything, Pharynx slowly fell to the floor as his legs slid outward, all the while letting out a sigh. "That's better,"

"Do I even want to know?"

"No."


The next day at Fort Flutter's

Fluttershy's house's windows are bordered up and most of her animals are outside standing guard. If any pony were to walk by, they would think that Fluttershy was preparing to go to war. But that wouldn't make any sense. This is Fluttershy we are talking about. The most admirable mare in Pony Ville. However, the trenches, barbed wires, and animals wearing army hats with little wooden weapons are a little hard to ignore. This is what Rainbow and Rarity had to deal with when they came to their friend's house.

Rarity was on her way to the spa but noticed that Fluttershy hadn't arrived for the appointment and wanted to see if anything was wrong. She met Rainbow halfway there, and they both wanted to go check up on their friend. However, this was the last thing they expected to see.

Rainbow rubbed her eyes, making sure that she wasn't seeing things. "This is Fluttershy's house, right?" Rainbow asks in disbelief, "And not some military outpost."

Rarity's left eye twitches as she watches Angel Bunny on a high stool ordering the other animals in a military outfit. Although he does look adorable, now is not the time for a fashion statement. "On a normal day, I would say yes. But I am getting a feeling that we are being left out of something important."

They walk towards the house before being stopped by a group of bunnies with wooden rubber band guns. "Ah, hello." Rarity started, "I was wondering if we could see Fluttershy." They shake their heads. "But we are her best friends. We can see that she needs help. Let us through."

"Yeah, you keep doing that. While I will fly on over-," Rainbow didn't get one foot in the air before getting shot with ten rubber bands. "HAY, that hurt!" The bunnies only look back at her while reloading their guns. "What is with you bunnies!"

"I think that the diplomatic approach is the only way to go." Rainbow was going to retort, but Rarity pointed to the now visible rubber band cannons near the front door. Rainbow's eyes widened as she landed next to her friend.

"On second thought, talking is a good idea too." She says, not seeing a large bush with a fluffy pink tail sticking out the back, slowly inching to the house.


Inside,

Fluttershy is in her war room with her advisor. However, the war room is a bit of an overstatement. It was her Livingroom, with the furniture pushed to the side with a table in the center surrounded with pillows for them to sit on. There was a medium size billboard nearby on a tripod. And for some reason, a light shines from above the table where Tempest was waiting for Fluttershy to begin their meeting. Tempest was trying to find out where the light was coming from before Fluttershy entered the room. She clears her throat before addressing Tempest.

"Attention!" Tempest stands at attention out of reflex. She widens her eyes before she goes back, sitting down, "Our momentary cease-fire with Celestia is almost over." Fluttershy points to a billboard with badly drawn Celestia with a picture of Discord sitting under a blue moon. "We know that our enemy is planning to take Discord to the moonlight opera this weekend. However, due to the rules of the contract. We can't interfere with their date while it is underway." She flips the page over to show a picture of herself with Discord and a stick figure, Celestia, behind a brick wall. "So, we must prevent Celestia from contacting Discord before he agrees. Any ideas, Tempest?"

"Yes, along with other things," Tempest says before giving the light source one more look. "First off. We will have to contact Discord first. But we can't do that until the time is up." Tempest gets up, moves to the billboard, and flips the page showing a calendar. "Normally Discord would show up for teatime with you every Friday. But that is one day before the deadline. We can't approach him with anything until the day after. So that is one advantage you have over the princess. We can ask him to stop by the day after for a favor."

"Excellent. Now to get our hooves on Tickets to the opera." Fluttershy moves to an end table before pulling a bag of bits out and starts counting.

"Quick question,"

"Yes?"

"Why are we in lockdown by your army of furry creatures? And where's that light coming from?!" She points to the windows and the light, respectively.

Fluttershy stops and turns to face her. "Oh, Angel Bunny found a rubber band gun the other day. I told him that he could keep it so long as he was responsible. I then gave him a cute little military outfit to go with it. He and some of the other bunnies were so cute, marching around like they were soldiers. Then I told him that we didn't want to be disturbed this morning, and he said that he got everything under control. And this is what he came up with," A yell of agony echoes through the house as both ponies look in the direction it came from. "What was that?"

"I will go have a look,"

"Do be careful. Angel is such a sweet bunny, but sometimes he can get carried away."

"Thanks for the heads up."


Later that day at Canterlot,

Celestia's been having a rough day. Unlike Fluttershy, who can just take a day off whenever she feels like it. Princess Celestia must attend day court to deal with politics, negotiation, any problems that her ponies and allies may be having. There was only so much that she could put to the side before her work piles up on her. She hasn't had much time to make any plans for dating Discord due to the high increase in problems that came out of nowhere. Ponies from Las Pegasus are asking for raises; Yacks are causing issues in the north, something about ice cream. The Diamond dogs are asking for ponies to stay out of their mines. Ember is asking for a trade agreement with her ponies for gems, mentioning if they still need Twilight's old castle. It was becoming too much for her Highness that she was beginning to doubt that she with have time for herself anymore, let alone Discord. How could she handle being a Princess and still have time for a love life? Maybe there was a good reason why she and Discord drifted apart? Her ponies needed her. Maybe Discord was better off with Fluttershy after all?

The only light she found on this dreadful day was when she received a scroll from dragon fire as she was setting the sun. It was from her dear friend Twilight. She was going to have a meeting with Spitfire, but Celestia needed to read the letter first. Spitfire quietly enters the room as Celestia opens the scroll.

Dear Celestia,

It has been some time since I have had some time for myself. So, I thought I could write to you again to clear my head. Things have been very hard as of late at the hive. I am mostly busy with making sure that everyling has enough to eat. Making sure that Pharynx hasn't killed anyling. Introducing the hive to an education system and books. Did you know that they didn't know what a fairytale was? Every week, I had to schedule storytime for the hive whenever a new book arrived. They are all such fast learners and are very pony-like with their lifestyles and culture. I have been quite the adventure living with the changelings. The girls drop by whenever they can, but the journey to the hive is quite long. I am trying to come up with a solution to this in the future.

I still can't believe that I am a mother of twelve changelings. They are growing up so fast. Thorax and I are having a hard time keeping up where they are sometimes. We found one in one the drawers wrapped up in one of the blankets sleeping soundly. She gave us quite a fright when we lost track of her for a few hours that Lilly.

My parents visit from time to time to see their grandchildren. Dad is still not happy with Thorax for some reason. Candance and Shining Armor came by the other day with a small care package of baby wipes. Flurry Heart still doesn't know what to make of her new cousins, but it will take some getting used to. But for now, she stays away from my babies until she learns to control that magic of hers.

Your friend Twilight Sparkles

A teardrop hits the scroll as Celestia finishes reading the letter. Surprised she touches her face to find that she is indeed crying. "You are right, my faithful student. They grow up fast. Sometimes too fast." Celestia rolls up the scroll and wipes her tears.

"So, what is that plan?"

Celestia looks to her advisor with a new fire in her eyes. "We fight!"

Author's Note:

Who's side are you on? The war is about to begin.