• Published 26th May 2019
  • 1,471 Views, 45 Comments

Fluttercord vs. Dislestia - Miner

  • ...
2
 45
 1,471

Rainbow falls part 2

After standing in line for quite some time without any fighting between the girls, the three of them made it to the top of the falls. There was a pony getting pony's life jackets that need them, and another making sure that only adults could go on this ride. Discord watches as two young colts got caught trying to sneak into the ride only to be sent back down the line. Celestia simple looks at the follow of rainbow water going past them. As for Fluttershy, she is looking down where the end of the ride is, it is a long way down.

Fluttershy gulps to herself. She not one for these kinds of things, but she is not going to show any signs of weakness next to her. She looks at Celestia, who notices her stare and stares back at her with little sparks going between their eyes. As this was going on, Discord notice that it was their turn and moved forward only to notice that he was alone. Looking back, he sees his friends smiling at him, but that doesn’t fool him. He may not be the bright creature around, but something is fishy around here. And he is not referring to the random fish that jumps out of the falls.

"Okay, what is up?"

Without missing beat, Celestia replied, "The sky." Discord put a claw to his face for walking into that one.

"What do you mean?" Fluttershy spoke up,

"I mean, you two," he gestures to them, "What is going on?"

"Well, we are going to go on a ride with you right now."

He sighs at this and turns away from them, "Never mind." They move to get into the water when stopped by one of the employees.

"Sorry, guys, but only two ponies at a time."

"That is no problem," Celestia spoke up, "Fluttershy can just go by herself."

Fluttershy glared at the Princess with annoyance, "Actually, I was hoping to go with Discord."

Celestia stares her down, "Well, then that is a problem considering that I am going to go with him."

"And what makes you so sure that he will want to ride down with you?"

Discord turns around to face the girls and try to reason with them, but for some reason, he could bring himself to stare and watch. It is not every day that you see the Princess of the Sun and the Element of Kindness engaging in a catfight, "Girls?"

"What brought this on?"


Rarity watches the trio from a pair binoculars under a shaded area with three lawn chairs for ponies to rest. Rarity is on the far left Applejack is in the middle one, and a green pegasus stallion with sunglasses in yellow trunks wearing a swimming cap was resting on the last one before the girls got there. Rarity had a feeling she was going to need these binoculars, so she packed it in her saddlebags along with other things. Applejack is next to her as she watches Rainbow fighting a losing battle against a group of colts. Rainbow may be soaking wet, but she is determined to teach those colts a lesson; if the lesson was how to gang up on an adult, with every foal in the park.

"Don't you think that we should help her?" Applejack asks as Rainbow gets hit by another ambush from more fillies, "Because I don't think that she is going to get out of there without causing a scene."

Rarity lowers her binoculars to survey what her friend's situation was. It looks like some pony gave them bigger water guns now and have cornered Rainbow against a small water slide. Rainbow looks to her friend for help, but then they open fire. Rarity shakes her head and raised her binoculars to look back that the trio, "She got herself into that mess, and I am certain that she can get herself out of it."

"If you say so," Applejack says as she sees the fillies and colts doing a victory dance around Rainbow prone form, "So what is going on up there anyway?"

"I can't be certain, but I believe that they are here just to enjoy the park."

"Are you serious! Here we are worrying about them thinking that something terrible has happened to Fluttershy," This got the stallion's attention, but he remains quiet, "And it turns out it was nothing more than those three taking time off to have some fun at a water park?"

"That is what it appears to be, doesn't it, darling."

"What are you going on about,"

"I saw the look in Fluttershy eyes that day she told me that we could help her. She was hurting, and whatever the reason was, she could not tell us about it," she looks back her friend, "Something is going on that is so secretive that she is forbidden to ask for aid."

"Than how can we help her?"

"The best thing we can do right now is to wait."

"You can't be serious, Fluttershy is endangered, and you want us to do nothing!"

"I didn't say that Applejack. We will do something, but for right now all we can do is wait," She then looks back into her binoculars, "There is too much that we don't know and- hold on."

"What is it?"

"I can see some stallion cutting inline trying to get to the top of the ride where Fluttershy and the other are at,"

"Really?" Rarity gives her another pair of binoculars, and sure enough, there is a stallion cutting in line very fast, trying to get to the top. Applejack lowers her binoculars in confusion and looks again, "Doesn't that stallion look familiar to you, Rarity?"

"No, although he does have a terrible fashion sense, I do not know that stallion. However, you are right. His physic does ring some kind of bell. Now, where have I seen this particular stallion before?" It took them a moment before they look to their left and notice that the stallion next to them is gone.


At the top of the ride,

The situation has gotten worse with the verbal catfight between the girls. The girl's calm, the smiling face has returned, but those faces were anything but happy. Discord wants to stop the fighting between the girls, and another part of him doesn't.

"The ride is meant for two ponies to go down at once," Fluttershy said as a matter of fact, "Clearly you are bigger than one pony, don't you think your highness?"

The crowd of ponies looks to Celestia for her come back. Just as she was about to say something, they start hearing a commotion of somepony cutting in line, getting close to them.

"Excuse me, pardon me, coming through," stallion made his way to the top and somehow lost his sunglasses and swimming cap. No pony stopped him for no pony wanted to get close to this catfight, and let the insane stallion go to his doom. This confuses Celestia and Discord, but for some reason, Fluttershy looks at the stallion with dread,

"Oh no,"

Once free from the crowd, The stallion looks around before he sets his sights on his sister, "Fluttershy!"

Fluttershy grumbles to herself as her brother showed up out of nowhere and gives him an annoyed smile, "Zephyr, what are you doing here?"

He moves quickly next to her, and Celestia and Discord gave him a look over, "I was here to enjoy a day off from the mane salon and when I heard that you were here. It has been so long since we have seen each other I thought that we could hang out."

Fluttershy didn't want to deal with him right now, however before she could say anything, Celestia spoke up, "Of course, Zephyr, you can hang out with us," Zephry then notice that his sister was not alone up here. He got spook to be face to with both Celestia and Discord. He just stood there in shock, "Relax dear Zephyr, we are here as citizens enjoying a day off," This made him relax, but he kept his eyes on Discord, who gave him a high hoof, "As I was saying. We were just on our down the ride. And realize that one of us will be going down the ride alone."

Discord nods at this, "I see if he is here than we can all go down the ride without anypony being alone," He gave the girls a questionable look, "Is that why you girls were fighting?"

"We weren't fighting," Celestia said a matter of fact, "we just had a disagreement,"

He thinks about this for a second before he shrugs, "Well now that is settled, let us go down the ride," he then moves quickly next to the newcomer and picks him up like a cat, "Zephyr you are with me."

"What?" All three of them said at once,

"Hay, I have made many friends, but this is the first time I every hangout with Fluttershy brother. So what better way to make memories than going down a Rainbow waterfall together," Before anypony could protest, Discord was already in the falls with Zephyr Breeze screaming his lungs off as they went down the colorful water.

The girls look down as the boys went down the slide and then to each other, "This is all your fault," Celestia said to Fluttershy,


At the bottom of the falls,

The group of filly and colts have tied up Rainbow and were pulling her to the rainbow pound and were chanting, "Back where you belong, back where you belong, back where you belong,"

"Let me go! Where are your parents anyway." Instead of answering her. The foals lifted Rainbow above them and throw her into the water at the same time; two figures were coming down from the falls. They both hit the water at the same time, creating a mightly splash and tidal wave, sends the foals away, soaking wet.

As the water settles, Discord raised from the water holding onto Rainbow Dash. He smiles as he looks down at his friend before doing a double-take and holds out the pony in his grasp in front of him, "Zephyr! What Happened to You?! The Rainbow falls have dyed your mane and changed your gender!"

Rainbow glare back at Discord, "I am not Zephyr Discord."

"You even lost your memory!" He pulls Rainbow in for a rib crushing bear hug, "Don't worry, Zephyr. Your dear friend Discord will fix this,"

"Fix what?"

Discord looks behind him to see Zephyr stand there with no changes to his mane or gender, "Oh never mind," He let's go of Rainbow sending her into the water, "What a minute," He pulls Rainbow out from the water as she gives him a death glare, "What are you doing in the Rainbow falls?" He gasps, "Could this be your home?"

"No, Discord this is not my home,"

He thinks about it before dropping the subject, "Could have fooled me," He drops her again,

"Wai-" She tried calling out before going back into the water,

He pulls her out of the water again, "Yes?"

She clears her throat before she starts shouting, not noticing the stallion nearby, "If you drop me into the water one more time! I am going to-"

"Rainbow Dash, is that you?"

Rainbow went silent as heard the voice of the stallion who she despises more than Rarity does Blueblood. The last time she heard his voice, Fluttershy's parents thought that they were dating, which she is NOT. Her eye twitches as she turns to face the profoundly infatuated Zephyr Breeze. He got a better look at her, to which he gave her his best smile, "It is you!"

Thinking quickly, she said the first thing on her mind, "Ah no, you got the wrong mare."

Discord gives her a strange look and checks her cutie mark, "No I am sure that we are talking to the right mare,"

Rainbow glares at Discord as they all got out of the water, not noticing Rarity and Applejack moving quickly in the background. Rainbow struggles to get out of the binding that those fouls put her in, to no avail. Discord then took one look at Zephyr Breeze and to Rainbow Dash when I lightbulb came over his head, "Oh Rainbow Dash, I had no idea."

"About what?"

"That you were dating Fluttershy's brother,"

"WHAT!"

Discord cut the ropes bind her and put her down to switch Zephyr was right next to, "Well, I can understand why you don't want to be seen in public with him. After all, think of what will happen to your reputation if the word got out that you. The Tomboy of the main six was dating another member's brother."

"I am very much aware of what will happen to my reputation and my pride if-" Discord put a claw onto her lips in a hushing motion,

"Say no more. I understand what it is like."

"I highly doubt that,"

"You still haven't sorted out your feeling about him yet and need more time."

Rainbow was going to correct him when she was interrupted by Zephyr, "I don't think so. She always has a hard time staying away from me,"

Rainbow made a face of complete despair and was about to say something when a screaming came from the falls,


five minutes ago,

"What do you mean, my fault?"

The crowd of ponies looks to Celestia, "If you had just gone down the slide on your own, then none of this would have happened."

The crowd looks to Fluttershy, "If you hadn't made such a big deal about who should join Discord going down the ride. Then one of us could have gone down the slide with Discord."

The crowd looks to Celestia, "Excuse me, but whose brother came and stole the spotlight here,"

The crowd looks to Fluttershy, "How was I supposed to know that my brother was here and that Discord would have wanted to hang out with him?"

The crowd looks to the Princess, "He is your brother. You of all ponies should have known where he would have been."

The crowd looks to Fluttershy, "I don't keep track of him all the time,"

"Some sister you are,"

"Say the one who banished her sibling," There was complete silence. It was so quiet that you could hear the ponies down bellow having fun. Slowly the crowd turns to look at Celestia, who had a face of complete rage. They then slowly started to go down the stairs not wanting to be anywhere near this,

"Take that back,"

"Make me,"

*FIGHT!*

Celestia pounce at Fluttershy to which she jumps out of the way, and cause the ponies nearby to move faster. Celestia turns to face Fluttershy and ducks when she went flying overhead. She quickly tries to take to the skies as well but was caught off guard when Fluttershy slammed into her side, sending her to the ground. She groans as Fluttershy lands on top of her back before she starts squishing her like play-do. "I give deep tissue massages to bears, handling you is fouls play,"

Celestia manages to get her off and sending her into the air. Celestia moves into charge after her, but whatever Fluttershy did to her back, her wings won't working the way they should—making her cringed as she tried to stretch out her wings. Fluttershy took this moment to tackles Celestia into the water, and down they went.


Present,

"Incoming," Discord said as they back away from the giant splash created from Fluttershy and Celestia. As the water settles, the two mare's head surface on top of the face, and they stare at each other with hate. Before they could do anything, Discord called out to them, "There you two are. Took you, girls, long enough,"

The girls look at Discord before looking back at each other and blow some bubbles in the water. Rarity and Applejack join the rest on land as the two soak mares crawl out of the water. Applejack wanted to have words with the Princess, but Rarity stops her with a shake of her head.

"So, how was the slide?" Discord asks,

Celestia let out a sigh, "It was alright."

"That is good to hear. Now then who is up for ice cream?"