• Published 26th May 2019
  • 1,471 Views, 45 Comments

Fluttercord vs. Dislestia - Miner

  • ...
2
 45
 1,471

Rainbow falls part 1

Rainbow falls popular tourist attraction for Equestria ever since they made it safe for ponies to go the falls like a water slide. It has become a vast water resort. So you can only imagine the surprise everypony facing when not only the Lord of Chaos shows up out of nowhere but with one of the heroes of Equestria along with one of the princesses. However, that is not what has everyponies attention. Even though Discord is a fearsome creature to the average pony, you can only feel sympathy for him. The problem doesn't lie with him but rather with his companions. Fluttershy and Princess Celestia may have smiles on their faces, but the terrorizing aura surrounding them contradicts their smiles. It makes Discord nervous just to be near them along with anypony that so happens to looks at them. They had it ever since they arrived at the water resort. You can cut the tension in the air with a knife, especially whenever they share a glance at each other.

Discord is wearing sunglasses with forced monkey smile as he tries not to lose his cool. "Keep... it... together, Discord." He thought to himself, "Make your goatee proud." To his left, you can see Fluttershy, smiling without a care in the world and occasionally glances at her foe.

"She can't read you," she thought to herself, "You are smooth, like the wind."

Meanwhile, Celestia's eyes wander around the resort, "I... have no idea why we are here." she thought to herself as she waves at some ponies passing by, "I know that we are trying to go out with Discord and that we aren't allowed to interfere with each other dates," she glances at her foe, "so why did she drag me along? Is she pretending to be nice, or does she have something in mind? OOH, Cake!"

The trio walks to the bottom of the falls, watching ponies going down the falls, making splashes at the bottom. None of them have said a word since they got there. And that is causing the ponies around them to feel even more scared.

Discord takes off his glasses to see the falls better just in time to see a couple go down the falls, "Ahhh! I can't handle this level of stress. Somepony say something!"

As if reading his mind, Fluttershy speaks up, "Ah, so... have any of you gone down the falls before?"

Celestia looks at the falls, not showing any emotions to her opponent, "Oh, that looks like so much fun! I can't wait for a chance to go down the falls with Discord. Maybe I will get lucky, and Fluttershy will chicken out, and I will have one up on her." She grins, but she quickly gets rid of it, "Ah, but don't let her know you are excited. You have to play this cool." *Ahem*, "No, but I would like to."

Fluttershy nods and looks up to face Discord, "What about you, Discord?"

"What?"

"Have you gone down the falls before?"

"No, I haven't. To be honest, I didn't know that this was a thing until today."

"Oh, so that means that this will be a first time for everypony here."

Discord's shoulders relaxed at her words, and he looks at the line to get to the top of the falls and notice that it is rather long. He puts a claw on his face things of what to do when he remembers that he is the Lord of Chaos. "Right then, let's get up there." He snaps his claws only for nothing to happen. He looks around, trying to figure out what happened and tries again. "Hold on; I got it."

As Discord fails to teleport them up there. Fluttershy notices a sign next to the line. "Uhm DIscord."

They all look to the sign to read that as a safety precaution for the water park and to prevent cutters in line, Magic canceling stones are hidden across the park. It also advises no flying in the park without clearance. "Well, how about that." they shrug to each other and got in line like everypony else.

As they were getting in line, they didn't notice three familiar mares nearby roaming the park.

"Are you sure they came here, Rainbow?" Rarity asked her friend before ducking to avoid a water balloon fight nearby.

"I am positive that they came here. I was following them since this morning." Rainbow said before getting nailed by a water balloon.

"But what in Equestria name would those three need to keep a secret-" Applejack started before getting hit by a water balloon causing all three mares to duck for cover behind a food cart, "that they must come here for?" She finished as she wrings out her hat.

"Beats me. All I know is that they are here-" Rainbow sticks her head above the cart to look for their targets only to get a water balloon to the face, "That's it! You ponies are going down!" She flies out to do battle.

Applejack sticks her hat out for safety and shakes it a bit. Satisfied that she is not in danger she looks to see a very one-sided fight. She shakes her head at her friend, as she gets ambushed by seven colts and filly armed with water guns.

"There they are." Rarity spoke up; both of them quickly hide behind another food stall as the water fight was getting out of control and getting everypony nearby involved. Once safe, the duo sticking the heads around the corner to see their targets waiting in line.

"Now, why in Equestria would they be getting in line for a water slide for a secret meeting?"

"I have no idea, dear, but I feel as if they are only here just to throw off any sneaky ponies such as us."

"Maybe."


Meanwhile at Canterlot,

Princess Luna is using every ounce of concentration as she uses her magic to pulls a stick from the bottom of the stick tower. Pharynx and another guard observes as she gently places on top of the rest. It holds to a few seconds before it causes the whole thing to tip over and crashes against the table. She hits the table with her hooves with a frustrating grunt as Pharynx tally up the scorecard.

"Do you wish to call it quits now your highness?" Pharynx asked not lookup from the scorecard,

"NEVER!" She shouts before pointing her hoof at him, "I will beat you if it is the last thing I DO!"

He rolls his eyes and sets up another game. "Has there been any words from Squad C yet?" he asks a guard as he starts another game,

"No, your Highness. Communications are still one-sided at the moment."

Princess Luna takes a stick from the middle of the tower and places it at the top, "Well, in that case, prepared to send out another message."

"How do we even know that they got the first message anyways?" Pharynx ask Luna as he takes a piece from the bottom and puts it on top,

Not missing a beat, Luna takes another stick from the middle, "The machine sends back a signal to inform us that they have indeed received it."

"And yet they can't talk back to us," he moves another stick, "You are putting a lot of trust in something that hasn't even been field-tested yet."

"Of course, this is a huge step for our ponies." She moves another stick, "It can revolutionize how ponies talk to each other."

"And, are you sure that there is no chance for the message to be mistranslated on their part?"

"Absolutely. There is no way for the message to be mistaken on their part."


"Okay, Private, one more time," A Gaurd pony asked his subordinate, "What does the message say?"

The Private pulls at his collar, nervous, looking at the note. This is his fifth time trying to decipher the message from Princess Luna. But each time it just gets worse. "It says to get Discord alone and to get her highness and Fluttershy to-" He gulps, "to fall on their faces in chocolate pudding." His superior officer gives him a deadpan look, "I am just reading what the message says, sir! I am not the one writing it. Please don't court marshal me." he begs his superior officer while grabbing his hoofs in a submission position,

He sighs and pulls his hoof away from him, "You do know what we are going to do can be considered treason, you know."

The private starts to panic, "I don't know what to do!"

He slaps his subordinate snap out of it, "Your job Private. Now, where is some chocolate pudding? I bet that this is one of her pranks."