• Published 26th May 2019
  • 1,471 Views, 45 Comments

Fluttercord vs. Dislestia - Miner

  • ...
2
 45
 1,471

Beware of the fine print

Fluttershy has just finished explaining to the Pinkie Pie about what happened after she had left rainbow falls that day. It turned out that the contract magic effects were immediate. And before she knew what happened, she started having sneezing fits and excuse herself for the day. Discord saw her home and gave her some basic medicine and some Tender loving care. To which she enjoyed very much, If she wasn't feeling so sick. Discord did tell her that he would return the next day to see how she was feeling. And if she doesn't get any better, he would be taken to the hospital. He doesn’t want to risk using his chaos magic on her and making the situation worse, which was a good thing considering that it was magic, making her sick, to begin with. She is going to need to ask Celestia just how long these effects were going to last.

Pinkie Pie put a towel over Fluttershy head as she lays in her bed, not looking any better than she did the day before. “I'm sorry, Fluttershy," Pinkie said with a sad face, "I didn't know that you agree to such terms for fighting over Discord's love with Celestia. I didn't even know she was interested in him.”

“It's not your fault pinky,” she says weakly, “We agree to it shortly after I left you during our training session,”

“So, what happens now?”

“Now I need to get better before Discord starts poking around and find out what's going on. I don't want to think what's going to happen when he finds out about the contract, and the war Celestia and I are having over him.”

“And according to the contract, I cannot help,” Pinkie said,

“Right because you have seen what happens if you do,”

“Sorry I didn't know,”

“It's ok,” *Achoo* “at least I got some time along with Discord after the trip to rainbow falls. Even though I fell asleep shortly after he put me to bed,”

Pinkie wipes Fluttershy nose before throwing away the tissue, “That doesn't seem fair. I mean, when we were able to help out Twilight get together with Thorax, we were able to help her to a degree. But I can't even help you and look at what happened when I did. Also, how long is this supposed to last?”

Fluttershy sniffs, “The war or my cold?”

“Both,”

“Our war was meant to end the moment when Discord declares who he wants a special somepony to be. As for my cold, Celestia was not specific on how that works.”

“Yeah, we better find out about that. Anyways do you have any idea when Discord is going to show up?”

“He said he was gonna be right back he was here earlier,”


Meanwhile in Celestia bed chambers,

“So let me get this straight sister," Celestia said weakly, "You thought that I was going to go to war against another country and used a prototype communications method to spy on me because I didn't tell you what was going on?”

“Yes,”

“And not only did you find out that the communication device is flawed but that you also did not send a letter to me yesterday which interrupted my date with Discord.”

“Correct,”

“And while you were using said communications device somehow our guards ended up going to rainbow falls with two chocolate puddings pies which ended up ruining the date for me. And thus, interfering.”

“Yes, unintentionally but yes,”

*Achoo!*

Celestia sniffs as Luna uses her magic to wipe her sister's nose, “At least my cold makes sense now,” Celestia leans further into her bed as maids of the castle empty out the trash can nearby.

Ever since she got back yesterday, and found out that somepony had interfered with her date with Discord. Her nose has not been happy with her. This is what she gets for agreeing to an old magical contrate without making sure that it was a copy of a magical contract and not a real one. She thought for sure that she got rid of all those magical contrate a long time ago. She guesses that one manages to survive, and she so happens to find it. She only went to Fluttershy to bend the rules of the contrate that day was because she wasn't thinking straight. And now she was paying the price for her negligence.

“Sister, please," Luna said tending to her sister, "If you have at least told me that you were just simply searching for somepony’s affection with a date, I would have backed off. But the way you kept so secretly, I had to take some form of action.” She dunks as Celestia lets out another sneeze, “Also, how long is your cold supposed to last anyway?”

Celestia covers her face with a pillow, “It has been so long since I last used such contracts. I can't remember. But I am certain that this one must still be under the default state. What was that again?”

Luna puts a hoof to her chin in thought, “If I recall contract breaks punishments were meant to last for two weeks to ensure that the pony who broke them would learn their lesson,”

Celestia's eyes widen at the thought of being stuck like this for two weeks straight and sat up from her bed, “Yeah, now it's not happening," quickly she gets out of bed on shaky legs, "Send word to the guards I head for Pony Ville at once!"

“And what do you plan to accomplish going there in your condition?”

“The contract can be broken if we both parties agree that it's not worth it or want it to be changed.” She leans onto the wall of her room, “I rather keep this matter as privately as possible the last thing I would need is for Discord to discover what's going on.” As she opens the door her heart dropped,

“Did somepony call?” Discord said standing in the doorway with a grin on his face. Celestia can't believe her luck today. She doesn't want to think about how this can get any worse because it will.

“You too Celestia," He said noticing her condition, "What is going on? First Fluttershy and now you. What's next, the rest of the main six gets affected by this cold? Is it flu season or something?”

“It's just a cold Discord," She said getting into the hallway, "Don't worry yourself over it. I sure that we will recover in a day or two.”

“If you say so, however, something to tell me that this is too much of a coincidence and something fishy is going on, it's not the fish it behind your sisters’ ear.” He said pulling a small fish behind Luna's ear. Luna searches her ear for any more fishes as they continue to talk to each other.

“Didn't you had a reason to come see me?”

“Oh right, I just came to drop by see what happened. You just up and left all of the sudden yesterday.”

“Everything's all in order now, Discord. Don't worry yourself over it. For now, I would like some rest if you do not mind.”

"But you just left your room, Celestia."

"I would like to go to the garden and smell the roses for a while before returning to my room Discord."

“I may be no Doctor pony but even I know that doesn't sound like a good idea. Although here is a good idea," Before she could ask what he meant. He snaps his fingers and they are back in her room with Celestia somehow back in her bed covered in roses, "There now you can smell the roses without getting out of bed." He says not noticing the blush on her face.

"Thank you,"

"Anytime. Now is there anything else you would like before I head out?"

"No Discord I am good for now,"

"If you say so your Highness,” he snaps his fingers before disappearing in a flash of light,

“That was close," Luna said before looking to her sister, "You think he heard anything?”

“I suggest we do not speak about the matter right now. He might still be nearby.”

Just as Celestia finished saying that, Discord snaps his fingers disappears back to his chaos dimension. She was right; he was hiding behind a dresser eavesdropping to see what was going on. And his suspicions were confirmed. Something's going on, and nobody wants to tell him anything. Well, he's not going to stand for this is going to find out what is going on. However, it's evident that he's not going to figure things out on his own. They have gotten so used to him popping out of nowhere that it was hard enough just to get to Canterlot before he ran into a wall. Sometimes literally. So, he's going to need some help from some friends. But then again, they already know all his friends. But that is not going to stop him from trying. He needs to know what is being kept hidden from him.

And to make matters worse it is not just the Princess keeping secrets from him. As much as he doesn't want to admit it. He thinks Fluttershy is hiding something for him too. He didn't want to say anything to her while he was checking up on her earlier. But he did detect that this cold that she has was not a natural one and after he was nearby the Princess. It confirms that something is going on. The question is, what is it and why is it happening? How can you get answers from a pony that doesn't want to tell him anything?

He sits back on his bed, thinking about what to do when he felt like he sat on something hard. Reaching for it, he pulls out a small book which the title says Twilight's Final Test. “Oh right, I was doing something like that, wasn't I? Well, that was before she became Queen of the changelings. And before Chrysalis got captured. And lost the will to fight Twilight. And only wants to be a loving Grandma, oh well,” He tosses the book across the room as bursts into flames, “Since she is out the picture, it is not like those other two could get along with each other," He put a claw to his chin, "I wonder what happened to them. I did just up and left them in that secret base I made for them. Should I be worried about them?" He waves his paw dismally, Nah, I'm sure the ponies will find them eventually and put them back in Tartarus. Oh, should I? Nah, I got more important things to worry about.” With a snap of his fingers, his in the hospital of Pony Ville startling a nurse, "Yeah I am going to need a group of Ponies to head to Fluttershy's house and check her into the hospital for a cold thank you very much. I got her bill covered," He said causing a pile of bits to cover the poor nurse, "I put her health in your capable hooves and I will back for her once she is better. Tata for now," He leaves the mare to crawl out of the bits. Once she is out she gets to work to sign Fluttershy into the hospital.