• Published 26th May 2019
  • 1,471 Views, 45 Comments

Fluttercord vs. Dislestia - Miner

  • ...
2
 45
 1,471

Rainbow falls part 3

As a group of friends left of waterfall slide, unknown to them, a pink pony has been moving from place to place at random hiding spots looking for someone. She's in pops out of a barrel that startled the stallion nearby. Before he could say anything, she shushes him by putting a hoof on his mouth and then disappears back into the barrel.

Discord is at the ice cream stand with Zephyr deciding on which ice cream the girls would enjoy. It was at that moment that Celestia and Fluttershy decided to have a little word with each other.

“This can’t on Fluttershy,” Celestia says glaring at her,

“I agree. You should quit Princess. It is obvious that you are not going to win,”

“That is not what I meant Fluttershy,”

“Then what did you m-“

“That is enough of you two,” Rarity said, getting between the two, “We came here because we were worried about Fluttershy’s safety. But now, after what we saw earlier. I am not even sure if any pony is saved near the both of you two right now! What is going on?”

“We cannot tell you.”

Rarity turns angrily to the Princess, “Do not give me that! There has to be a logical reason why you two are acting like this,” She then moves back and forth looking at both at them, “Now you are going to tell me what is going on or so help me I'm going to get all the princesses and our friends involved if I have to!”

Not wanting to risk the contract effect unintentionally. Celestia looks to Fluttershy as they both get a sign of agreement, “I think it's time we told them what's going on. But not here.”

“And what is wrong with here?”

“Discord is not allowed to hear what is going on. However, if you can distract him, I can inform you what's going on.”

As the girls were talking amongst each other. They did not realize Pinkie Pie was nearby looking at them. However, her attention was drawn to Discord, and with a gasp, she mutters to herself, “No, that's not what is supposed to happen! Why are those two with each other?! Why isn't Fluttershy with Discord, and why is she with the Princess?! And what are the girls doing here? I gotta do something!”

Just then, Pinkie Pie notices a guard with two small pies of chocolate pudding on his back nearby. He appears to be is looking for somepony, “Perfect,” Quickly Pinkie Pie grabs the pies and throws one at Zephyr Breeze and the other one at the girls away from Fluttershy. The first had hit the side of Zephyr face as for the second one, it hit Rarity right in her face, “Oops I was aiming for Rainbow,” Thinking quickly not to get caught. Pinkie Pie moves the Guard she got the pies from, to where she was, and hid behind the ice cream stand.

None of the girls said anything as the pies slowly peel off Rarity's face. Rarity doesn't say anything except for wiping her face and giving death glares at the direction where the pie came from. Rarity didn't see a confused guard looking for his pies. She didn't see the look of worried coming from her friends. All she saw was a dead pony. “YOU!” Rarity shouted, causing the Guard to up and look at her.

“Me?”

“Is this your pie?” she said raising the empty pie can with her hoof,

“Oh, you found it, wait what happen-”

“SILENCE!” He gulps, “You have 3 seconds to run,”


“Hey, girls, you wouldn't believe what happened to earlier. A pie creamed my bro on the side of his face, and where is Rarity?” Discord asked looking around for said mare. Zephyr was wiping his face willing trying to look cool at rainbow to with she rolls her eyes at.

“She's occupied the moment," Fluttershy simply said, "I doubt we'll be seeing her for the rest of the day.”

“Ah, that's a shame I thought for sure she would have loved this chocolate ice cream I got for her.”

Celestia shakes her head, “Somehow, I don't think that would be a good idea.”

“Party pooper. Anyways what should we do next?”

As Discord was discussing with the girls on what to do next. Celestia decided to have a moment to herself, “What happened that Guard who throw that pie at Rarity, and why did he do that? Is this Fluttershy doing or somepony else? Whatever the case may be, I will have to start preparing for my next date was Discord. After all, this one is ruin.”

The gang made their way to the swimming pool areas. Zephyr breeze was on the high diving board trying to show off to Rainbow. However, she was busy defending herself from a herd of fillies and colts with water balloons. Somewhere along the line, Fluttershy got drag into the fight only for her to diving into the water to escape leaving Rainbow to fend for herself. Celestia took this opportunity to talk to Discord who was relaxing on a beach chair with sunglasses.

“So, Discord, are you busy this weekend?”

“Why did you have something planned?”

“I just thought we could hang out around the Castle gardens. Like old times.”

He lifts his glasses to look at her, “You mean like a picnic with another ponies.”

Celestia mentally slaps herself, “Of course he is not comfortable with me yet after my stunt the last time we were in the gardens. But wait, maybe that is what I need. Fluttershy will never be so bold to ask Discord out. If I continue to press on my advances, then she will never have a chance with him.”

Fluttershy surfaces from the water gasping for air. Once she is okay she looks around until she sees Celestia with her stallion. And was about to intervein when she was pulled out of the pool and behind some inflatable tubes. “What Pinky what are you-” Pinkie cut her off,

“Don't worry, Fluttershy. I know that you are having a hard time finding some alone time with Discord. So, I'm going to help you.”

“But you can't,” she says in a panic knowing what would happen if she does,

“Don't worry about a thing. You are going to have Discord all to yourself before you know it. Just watch.”

Fluttershy tried to call out to her friend, but she was already long gone.

Meanwhile, outside the park, an officer guard was bewildered to see a white Unicorn mare dragging his subordinate to him covered in chocolate with her magic. She drops him in front of him before stating, “This is your mess, take care of him. I don't ever want to see him again.” she huffs before leaving the park.

He looks down at his subordinate, and as she leaves them and asks simply, “What happened?”

“Horror,” He says, shaking, “Pure horror.”

“What kind of guard are you?” He smacks him on the side of the head, “On your hooves,” He pulls him up, “I assume that your mission failed.”

“Yes, Sir, it did. I didn't even get closer to Princess before she jumped me.”

“If I recall that was Rarity. What did you do to her?”

“I did nothing. Sir honest,” He says panic and confused,

“In any case, how we're going to complete the mission now? Even if it is a prank,”

Before he could think of anything, another guard pony arrives in front of them, holding out a scroll, “Urgent news for the Princess.”

He was going to reach for the scroll, but he stops himself. He notices that something is odd about the soldier in front of him. For some reason, the Guard is female and is pink instead of the standard white, “What's the matter never seen a pink in armor before,”

He leans forward trying to get a better view of who this pony is, “Who are you, soldier?”

The mare looks angrily at him, “Excuse me I believe that the term is ‘who r you.’ " She holds out the scroll before her and hits the tips of his nose with the end of it, "We are at war ponies. We don't have time for silly questions like this. Now get this to the Princess pronto her sister needs her help now.” He was about to say something when the pink pony covered his mouth, “Did I say you could talk?” She shoves the scroll in his hooves, “I said move it go go go!” The two guards head to the Princess as Pinkie steps aside and removes the armor. "That outta do the trick. Now how to get Dashie to leave them alone?”

As Pinkie was scheming, Celestia was putting on the charm with Discord. “Not really. I thought that it could just be the two of us. Alone.”

“I am not sure that is a good idea, Celestia."

Before Celestia could say anything, two-guard approach them, “Your highness.”

“Now is not a good time.”

“I am afraid that this matter can’t wait. This letter was sent from your Sister.”

“Luna?” Quickly Celestia reads the letter before sighing, “It would seem that I am needed in Canterlot Discord. I have to go.”

He exhales in relief to which he got a glare from Celestia, “I am mean I guess we can have a rain check then?”

“Let’s. Say goodbye to the other for me.” She says before taking off to the skies,

“Will do,” It was at that moment was when Discord notice something very important, “Where is everypony?”


On the other side of the pool. Rainbow shakes herself dried as Zephyr pulls himself out of the pool.

“Rainbow, what is with your fan club and water balloons?”

“They are not from my fan club. They are just a bunch of kids who like to throw water balloons at ponies.” They start walking toward where discord is before Zephyr start talking,

“Come on, Rainbow, you don’t have to go that far to get my attention.”

She looks back at him confused, “What are you talking about?”

“I mean if you wanted to show off yourself covered in water just to impres-“

“OKAY, NO.” She turns to face him in rage,

“Huh.”

“I said That is enough. I have had it with you. Every time we are together. You go out of your way to make it seems like I have a crush on you. When I don’t, I hate you!”

He backs up a little before he regains his composer, “Whoa, you are really good at hiding your feeling from me.”

Just then a voice spoke behind him, “Take a hint, sir.”

He turns to see a brown stallion looking back at him, “What hint, and who are you?”

Without saying anything, the mysterious stallion bucks Zephyr into the pool. Rainbow watches in amusement as he tries to swim to shore next to them only for the stallion to push him back in, “Somepony more important than you,” He then turns to face Rainbow, “Are you alright Rainbow?”

“Yeah, but who are you?” He grabs her and pulls her in close whispers into her ear as Zephyr finally gets out of the water.

“Not cool, bro. What is your problem?”

He let go of rainbow and glares at Zephyr, “My problem is that I don’t like you hitting on my girlfriend.”

Zephyr was taken back, “What are you talking about?”

“You heard him,” Rainbow says as she wraps a foreleg around the stallion, “This is my coltfriend. And the main reason why I don’t like you saying that I have feels for you.”

Zephyr tried to understand what is going on. For it doesn't look like they are joking, “But I thought-“

“You thought wrong, sir. Come on, Dash.” The two leave Zephyr there, confused as to what has happened.

Once they were far enough away. Rainbow smiles as she gives the stallion a high hoof, “Thanks for the assist Pharynx,”

The disguise changeling smiles back at her, “I thought that it was the least I could do. After all, the bad blood between us.”

Rainbow's smiles turn into a frown, “But why did you have to say coltfriend? Now he is never going to shush up about who you are.”

Pharynx tilts his head at that statement, “Rainbow, you forget that I am a changeling right.”

Her eyes light up in realization, “That's right. I can make up whatever I want about you, and you can become somepony else if all else fails!”

“Correct.”

“That is awesome know he can’t say I have feelings for him when I am seeing sompony else," She paused for a moment and looks back at him, "Wait a minute what are you doing here?”

He shrugs, “It is my day off. And my brother thought that this would be the best way for me to spend my day off.”

“Oh, so how is it going?”

“It is going alright. Anyways I better get going.” As he turns to walk away, Rainbow calls out to him,

“You know I have never gone down the water slide before," She rubs her forelegs together, "Want to check it out?”

He looks confused at her before smiling, “I don’t see why not.” As the two head to the slide. Pinkie watches from afar as she puts her party cannon away.

“I guess that I didn’t have to do anything after all. Mission completed.”


The next day, in front of Fluttershy's house,

Pinkie Pie hops happy to the front door, "Fluttershy!" Pinkie Pie called out to her friend. She is so happy to have help Fluttershy get some alone time with Discord. She just has to know what happens. "Fluttershy!" She knocks on her door, "I know you are in there!"

Fluttershy opens the top part of her door slowly. She looks at her friend with a red nouse. She sniffs before replying, "Hello Pinkie,"

"Ah Fluttershy, are you okay?"

*ACHOO!*

"No, I had a cold."

"Then why aren't you in bed?"

"I was on my way there when you came to my door."

"Oh sorry,"

Pinkie quickly helps Fluttershy to bed and got everything somepony would need for a pony with a cold. Warm blankets, hot soup, and a thermometer to put in her mouth. Pinkie pulls out the thermometer, "Yeep that a cold," Fluttershy sinks more into the bed, "So what happened? How did you get a cold?"

"I think it is better if I start from the beginning,"