• Published 26th May 2019
  • 1,471 Views, 45 Comments

Fluttercord vs. Dislestia - Miner

  • ...
2
 45
 1,471

The first wave

A beautiful day is one of the things that a dragon and a stallion wouldn't know about. Ever since Big Mac came back from the Crystal Empire talking with Candance. Discord has hidden under his bed and hasn't said anything since. And that was three days ago. IF it weren't for the fact that the was food and water everywhere in the chaos dimension, they would have staved waiting for Discord to come out of his bed. Its morning time, and Spike goes to his friend to try once more the talk some sense into him.

"Discord?" no response, just like yesterday.

"Discord?" nothing,

"Discord, are you coming out of there?"

"No."

"Come on. You can't stay there forever." Spike said as Big Mac enters the room,

He sticks his head out, "Oh yes, I can." He retreats in his bed.

"Discord. Nothing is going to get better unless you do something about it."

Discord huff and then stick half his body out from his bed, "Well, what am I supposed to do? Cadence wasn't exactly helpful."

"Date one and not the other." Big Mac Added,

"But how!?" He puts his head in his arms, "How do I know which one to date and not to date! I care for both of them."

"Look Discord," Spike said firmly, "Candace already said that you have to decide on your own. You already know Celestia likes you more than a friend; however, we don't know anything about Fluttershy as far as we know. She could see you as a friend and nothing more. But we don't know unless you ask."

He looks at his friend with pleading eyes, "Can't you ask?"

"Discord, don't you have a backbone or something."

Discord looks behind him to see that his spine has left his body and is across the room shaking in fear, before his body flop to the ground without it, "Not at the moment."

"Well, get it back. Do you want to send the rest of your life here and never know if you could be more than friends with one of them?"

Discord sighs and looks away from his friend, "No,"

"Then what are you waiting for?" Big Mac added,

Discord's arm stretches across the room and grabs his spine before shoving it back in place and puts his head in his claws, "I am just so nervous. What if I mess up?"

"Discord," Spike said calmly, "If they truly care for you. Then they will accept your decisions on who you want to date. After all, it is also your love life right?"

Discord thinks about it before he sighs and then smiles, "You are right Spike. It is also my love life,"

"That is the spirit."

He gets up and stretches his arms, "I am going."

"Where to?"

"Fluttershy's. I don't think I can look at Celestia anytime soon." he looks over a pile of scrolls that have been piling near his wall for the past few days. "I need first to find out if Fluttershy likes me more than a friend. And then I will work from there." Before Spike could say anything else, Discord snapped his fingers and disappeared out of the chaos dimension, leaving Spike and Big Mac wondering how they are going to get out of there.


"You have reached the answering voice of Discord. If you are hearing this than Discord is not talking calls and I will annoy you for the next five minutes." The voice in the mirror started to singing about nursery rhymes in high pitch voices before Celestia touches the surface of the mirror. It ripples at contact as the voice fades away as she can once again see her reflection.

"So much for that. Now how am I going to find him now?" Celestia grumbles to herself. The war between herself and Fluttershy has already started, and no pony knows where Discord went off to. Not even his friends know because they are missing too. And if she doesn't find out where all three of them disappeared too. She is going to get an ear full from Twilight and AppleJack for letting them become Discords friends. Looking at the clock on the wall, it reads 5:58. "It is close to teatime with Fluttershy. Perhaps old habits die hard. I better hurry."

As Celestia teleported to Ponyville. A lamp in her room burst into flame, and a changeling made its way to the window. Once outside, the lone drone swiftly goes to one of the towers in the castle and knocks the door three times wait for five seconds and tap once more.

"Enter," A voice said on the other side,

Inside the room were Pharynx and Luna gathered around a table with some royal guards next to a large machine that was as big as the room and had screens on them that shows a blinking icon. The guards themselves had headphones over their ears and had a microphone on them. Pharynx looks up his paperwork and notices the drone, "Report." Pharynx said getting Luna's attention to look at the drone,

The drone saluted, "Princess Celestia is making her way to Ponyville to visit Fluttershy House. In hopes to get in contact with Discord."

Luna look down in concern "That is odd. First, my sister can't tell me about something, and then Discord is nowhere to be found."

Pharynx rubs his head with his hooves before looking at the princess, "Didn't you ponies have a way to summon him or something?"

"My sister would have done that by now if she truly needs to get his attention. However, since that is not the case here, then there is more for a cause of an alarm then I thought," Luna turned to one of the guards next to the L.R.C.P. "Corporal alert squad C in Pony Ville to go to Fluttershy's house and remain hidden and watch out for any signs of Discord or my Sister." The Gaurd nodded and started sending the message through the machine in front of him.

Pharynx looks at the pony before asking one important question ever since he got there, "What is that huge metal box they are using?"

Luna smiles at this. Now she can tell him about their new toy, "During the invasion of your kind past endeavors, we have been trying to come up with a way to communicate to ponies without the need of a unicorn or dragon to send a message. That way, even when we aren't able to use our magic, we can still warn our ponies of the danger."

"But we are friends now. Why do you still have that."

"True and ever since we became allies the L.R.C.P. was decommissioned and never seen the light of day. However, it is the perfect way of sending messages to our troops in the most secure way possible with the use of sound waves instead of magic."

Pharynx gives the machine a look over, "Where did you ever get the idea for such a thing?"

"Oh, before Twilight became a Queen. She entered a different world where there is no such thing as magic. And the creatures there were able to talk with one another through similar means that we are using. However, since the L.R.C.P. was never finished, we only have one-way communication at the moment and that of a short-range to boot. Due to having that we need for multiply centers points to repeat the message. It will be another day before we can establish two-way communication with Pony Ville. All we can do is put our trust in our troops and be ready for anything."

"But could we just send them a letter by magic?"

"No, we can not. Due to the mysterious nature of my sister's actions. We can't trust magic at the moment. That is why we are using the L.R.C.P. instead."

"Won't there be a chance of the message becoming altered?"

She huffs at his actuation, "Nonsense, this maybe experimental tech, but how hard is it to send one small message?"

Meanwhile in PonyVille,

A guard Pony came rushing into his superior officce, "Sir!"

"Yes?"

"We got a message from headquarters from the L.R.C.P." The stallion looks back at the message again with a look of uncertainty on his face,

"Well what the matter. What does the message say?"

*Ahem*"It says to go to Filler's house and gain hidden watch and for any signs of disorderly conduct from Pincer Cetia."

The sergeant pony blinks a couple of times at the nonsense he has just heard, "Excuse me?"

"That is what the message said, sir."


Meanwhile not too far way,

Applejack is making her way to Fluttershy's house. Three days ago, her friend Rarity came running to her house and was talking about something, and I quote, "the absolute worst thing is happening to Fluttershy, and she doesn't want our help with it." Applejack had come to talk to Fluttershy shortly afterward about the subject, but she wasn't answering her door. So ever since she has been coming to her house every day until she has a word with that mare. But with no luck so far she returns with back up and a plan. Well, she came up with it while talking to Rainbow but no pony pays a attention to details.

Applejack joins Rainbow near Fluttershy's house and goes to her chicken coop. "I don't know about this," Applejack said, staring at the chickens, "I am pretty sure it will get Fluttershy out of the house, but she will be mighty sour with us."

"Well, how else are we going to get her to come out? Nothing else worked," Rainbow retorted before smiling at the chickens, "Besides, you can't say you never want to try this at least once." Applejack nods in agreement as they crouch down moving closer to the helpless chickens. once they were close enough they gave each other a silent signal and start a count down. At the count of three, both mares moved quickly to the chickens scaring all of them everywhere. They chase the little hens for a minute before Fluttershy came rushing out of her house, wondering what is going on. "Girls! What are you doing?"

Rainbow stops for a moment to look at her, "Chicken hunting duh." She said not being able to catch one while Applejack is struggling to hold onto one of them, "You should try it sometimes it fun."

"Stop that right NOW!" She shouted, causing the chickens to run back into their coop and leaving her friends stunned at her outburst. But they brought it on themselves. Quickly Fluttershy checks on the chickens. Once, she is determined that they are all safe and sound. She slowly turns to face her friends with unrelenting rage. "What do you girls want?"

Both mares gulp as Rainbow struggles to answer, "Ah... well... you see..."

"Yes?"

"It was Applejack's idea!"

"Hay on hold on there partner," Applejack turns to face Rainbow, "I want to just talk to Fluttershy. You were the one who wanted to go chasing chickens."

"Yeah, and how did you catch one?"

"I guess that I am just faster than you is all." Rainbow shakes with anger but was stopped from talking when Applejack holds up a hoof, "Hold that thought Rainbow," She then turns to face the terrifying yellow pegasus, "Now then, Fluttershy. Rarity came to us talking about you having some problems that you don't want our help with. Care to explain."

This causes Fluttershy to calm down as she realizes that they did this because of what happen with Rarity the other day. However just like the other day she has to remain true to the rules that she agreed too, "I am sorry, girls, but I can't tell you."

"Why not."

"I can't get you girls involved."

"Why?"

"Because that was part of our agreement," Celestia said behind the two mares scaring them to jump two feet away from her, "Honesty, Loyalty. I am afaird that this is one matter that you two can't get involved with."

Applejack moves closer to Celestia, "But why not Princess?"

"It doesn't concern you two. Now then I must speak with Fluttershy. Alone."

Applejack wanted to say more but stop when Fluttershy put a hoof on her shoulder, "It is okay, girls. Everything will be alright."

As much as Applejack wanted to know more about what is going on here. She is going to have to trust her friends and let this play out. She nods at Fluttershy as she and the Princess move to enter the house. However, before entering Celestia turns to face the girls,

"Furthermore. You are not to tell another pony about this. This is a private matter. Rest a sure that nothing is happening that will cause any harm to any pony. However, until we are finished, this is a matter that is between Kindness and me." With that she enters the house, closing the door behind her. Rainbow and Applejack are confused beyond belief in what they just heard. They look at each other before moving to the door of the house to listen to what was going on inside. Only for them to hear Celestia talking to them form the other side of the door, "Can I help you two?" Celestia giggles to herself, as she hears the quick departer of the two mares. Once she had her laugh, she joins Fluttershy in the living room.

She was sitting on her chair as Celestia takes the couch, "You didn't have to do that, you know."

"They would have gotten in the way," Celestia takes a cookie from the table in front of her, "Now then. Fluttershy. I know that our battle for Discord love had officially started; however, I must ask you something." she said while eating her cookie,

"Yes?"

She shallows, "Have you seen Discord?"

Fluttershy tilts her head, "No. I thought that you used the summoning spell on him and was on a date with him in Canterlot."

Celestia shakes her head with a sigh, "Fluttershy. We both agree that we wouldn't do anything like that during our battle. That is why I am here. For some reason, Discord is not answering any calls what so ever for the past three days." She uses her magic to cause the scroll they sign to appear before them, "I need your permission to allow us to use the summoning spell to find him."

"Can we even do that? I thought that we agreed to not use magic on Discord."

"That is true however if both parties agree to something similar to this then it can work," She then starts writing on the scroll and reads out loud what is being written down, "For one time only, we will use the spell to find Discord and never be able to do so again for the remaining of our duel." She lowers it onto the table for Fluttershy to sign as Celestia stamps it before giving Fluttershy a pen,

Fluttershy lowers her head in thought. If I allow Celestia to use the spell then we will be able to find Discord. But that would me that I am okay with Celestia twisting the rules for our war for DIscord's love. And who knows how many more times she will be able to find loopholes that we need to agree on to allow during our war. However, I also haven't seen Discord for over three days. He is never late for teatime. I am starting to getting worried. This may be the only way that we will be able to find him. I am not okay with it. But I would like to know if he is alright. "Okay, only once." she signs it,

They watch as the scroll closes up and disappears in a flash, "Thank you. Now then I will begin the spell," Celestia started charging her spell when Discord appears in the room,

"Hello, I am back."

"That was quick," Fluttershy said looking at him not noticing Celestia also confused face,

I didn't finish casting the spell yet. Discord must have shown up on his own. That means that I can use the spell for a later date. Lucky me. "Hello, Discord."

"Oh, HI! UHM," Discord wasn't expecting to face both of them at the same time. What rotten luck, "What are you doing here?"

Celestia tries to come up with a reasonable excuse for why she if with Fluttershy at the moment but came up with nothing. Luckily, she didn't have to say anything, "We were planning a trip to rainbow falls." Fluttershy spoke up,

"Really?" Celestia and Discord said together,

"Oh, yes." She smiles at both of them, "I thought that since we don't get to hang out much, we should just go out and have some fun. What do you say, Discord?"

He rubs the back of his head. This was not something that he is wanted to deal with, but at least this will give him an excuse to be with both of them and to be able to sort things out. Hopefully, "Sure. That sounds like a great ide-" He notices an apple on the table next to a knife as a thought occurs to him, "OH SHOT I knew that I forgot something! I will be right back," Discord disappears with a flash leaving both mares alone notice again.

Celestia glares at Fluttershy, "I don't know what your game is kindness, but it is not going to work."

"What do you mean, your highness?" She said with an innocent smile, "All I am suggesting that we have some fun at Rainbow falls."

"We will see. We will see." They both look away from each with a firm 'humph.'