• Published 26th May 2019
  • 1,471 Views, 45 Comments

Fluttercord vs. Dislestia - Miner

  • ...
2
 45
 1,471

Advisors

Shortly after Discord left Celestia, she got in contact with Fluttershy and agreed to a change in the contract term. The contract now states that if either one asks for help from their friends, relatives, or employees, it shall be a breach of contract. However, if they received any unintentional help from their friends, relatives, or employees and said Pony or ponies are not aware of the existence of the contract. It will NOT be a breach of contract and cause them to be sick for a DAY. And to ensure that Discord doesn't find out of this, they agree to a momentary ceasefire and will resume the war in a week.

Furthermore, they are now allowed one adviser to help them with their efforts; however, the adviser cannot be somepony they are close to and must be single. In addition, the adviser must be approved by the opposing party before they can assume the role. This brings us to our current situation.

In the secret catacombs of Canterlot, four ponies walk in the darkness with a single lantern lighting their way, carried in the taller one's hoof. Black cloaks drape across their backs as they walk silently onward until they come upon a large door. The larger one looks back to the others as they nod in a wordless agreement. Two of them move to either side of the door and open the doors to let everypony enter the chamber before silently closing the doors behind them.
Inside the room, there is a center table with pillows for them to sit on with a small table next to the wall filled with snacks and refreshments, along with various pots and boxes gathered to one side of the room, leaving a lone fireplace in the far corner of the room. The rooms light up with Celestia starting a fire, causing the fireplace to come alive. She blows out the lantern before turning to address her companions.

"Now that is taken care of, we can talk freely." She and her companions lower their hoods to reveal their identities. The first was Fluttershy, followed by the captain of the Wonderbolts Spitfire, and the last one was none other than Fizzlepop Berrytwist, AKA Tempest Shadow.

Tempest looks over the room as Spitfire gets to the point, "Is there a reason we had to meet here like some kind of cult?"

"I agree." Tempest spoke up, "Couldn't we have this meeting in a more…" she looked to see water dripping from the ceiling, "Welcoming environment. Not that I mind. I had my fair share of exploring dungeons, but when Fluttershy told me that we would talk to Princess Celestia. This isn't what I had in mind."

Celestia weakly smiles at her guests, "My apologies to the accommodation, but I had to make sure that we could have this meeting in secret." Everypony moves to the center of the room surrounding the table, "I trust that Fluttershy has informed you of the situation we are facing, correct?"

Tempest nods, "Yes, she did. I wasn't sure what to make of it when she asked me about it. But I thought it was a good way to say that I am sorry for what I did to her and her friends. And everypony else."

Spitfire glares at her, "It's a good start."

Tempest's ears go down as she smiles apologetically at her, "So what are we here to discuss?"

"Formalities mostly." Celestia turns to face her foe, "Fluttershy, I Celestia wish to appoint Spitfire as my advisor. Do you have any problems with that?"

Fluttershy takes a hard look at the Wonderbolt. 'On one side, I have never seen her be close friend with her highness. And there are only rumors about her dating Sorin. So, as far as I know, she meets the requirement of an advisor. But I have to make sure.' "Spitfire," said mare turns to face her, "To be Princess Celestia Advisor. One of the requirements was that you have to be single. I am sorry, but can you clarify your statics, please?"

Spitfire glares at Celestia for forgetting to mention that requirement. Celestia looks at the ceiling, whistling as Spitfire sighs, "Although I don't like being reminded about that. Yes, I am single."

"Then no problems here. I am okay with your discission."

"Then Spitfire is officially my advisor for the duration of our conflict."

"Yay me," Spitfire says sarcastically,

Ignoring her, Fluttershy speaks up, addressing her opponent, "Celestia. I Fluttershy have chosen Tempest to be my advisor. Is there any complaint?"

Celestia gives Tempest a hard stare. No pony in Equestria has a good history with this mare ever since her aid in the attack at Canterlot, which almost destroyed everything that Equestria stood for some years back. Although Twilight was able to reform her, Fizzlepop, AKA Tempest, has not been seen very often since. It is impressive in itself that Fluttershy, of all Pony, was able to find her and ask for her aid. Then again, she does have a reputation for befriending dangerous friends. Discord being one of them. Celestia has to admit. Out of all of the Ponies, Fluttershy could have asked for help; Tempest was the last Pony in mind. Being an ex-second in command of the Storm King, she will not be an easy foe to deal with.
But this is not a war fought on the typical battlefield. This is a war of love and cunning. The first to make a mistake will be at a disadvantage. Tempest is many things, but a social butterfly is not one of them. Compared to Spitfire. Tempest is a novice against an expert of that art of dating. Celestia smiles at her little Pony, "No. I have no complaints."

"Then Tempest Shadow is officially my advisor for the duration of our WAR."

"My name is actually Fizzlepop Berrytwist." Tempest mumbles to herself, to which Spitfire overhears,

"No kidding?" Spitfire asks Tempest, to which she shakes her head at her.

"Spitfire." Celestia calls to her sternly, "I would kindly ask you to NOT socialize with our enemy's advisor."

"Someponies touchy." She says to herself before clearing her throat, "So what happens now?"

"Now." Celestia and Fluttershy say in unison as they stare each other down, "We plan dates."


Meanwhile, in the chaos dimension,

Discord is busy throwing books over his shoulder while he searches his shelves. Another Discord is picking petals on a cactus flower as he does this, mumbling to himself yes or no. A third Discord has been walking back and forth across the room, making a waist-deep trench. And finally, a fourth Discord meditates in the air upside down, humming to himself as he slowly goes up and down.

Then without warning, the third Discord shouts out loud, startling the other Discords, "I GOT IT!"

"What?" the other Discord say together.

"Now, hear me out." The Discord group together, "We go up to Fluttershy and demand to know what she is hiding."

The other three nods their heads, "Good. But how do you suppose we do that?" Number two asks,

"We start by getting our hands on Angel Bunny…." Discord number three moves his claws together.

"NO." The other Discord's unanimously denied.

"Well," Number Three throws up his arms in defeat before laying on a nearby couch. "I got no ideas." The other Discords move around the room, resuming their activities while Number 1 puts a claw to his chin in thought.

He frowns, trying to come up with an idea. "There has got to be an easier way to find out what they are not telling us."

"That's not going to be easy." Discord four says as he starts floating around the room in circles. "They know all of our tricks, and nopony would help us that those two wouldn't be suspicious of." All Discords sigh in defeat.

"Nopony would help us." Number two says before his eyes widen as he repeats what he heard. "Nopony?" He smiles as a light bulb goes off over his head as he sings out, "Iddddeeeeaaaa,"

"Now what?"

"You said no pony would help us, right?" They nod, "Then let's ask some help from someling?"

The other Discord's didn't get what he was getting at, before number 3 eyes widen, "You mean. You want us to ask help from them?" he points to a poorly drawn changeling hopping from picture to picture on the wall next to other poorly drawn creatures chasing each other,

"You got a better idea?"

The Discords shake their heads as number four grabs the changeling picture. The changeling starts spinning in a circle before it hops out of the picture and hops across the room, "Well, beggars can't be choosers." Discord one says as he snaps his claws, causing the changeling to poof in a cloud a smoke as Pharynx appears before them. Pharynx looks around confused as Discord grumbles as the others disappear, "Drat, I was hoping for the other Brother."

Pharynx is dumfounded. Not because of the random flying objects or the creature from the black lagoon grabbing coffee ten feet over. But the fact that there is a miniature toy version of himself kissing an equally sized toy version of Rainbow Dash. "WHERE AM I!" His demands scare all small creatures to run away from him as he changes into a Nirik bursting into flames, causing fire to go everywhere.

"Calm down, your fieriness." Discord pulls a rope next to him, causing a ton of water to drop on top of Pharynx. Steam fills the room as Pharynx returns to his original form. He looks at Discord, who has a towel wrapped around his body and his head sitting on a wooden chair, "You are in my chaos dimension. I have summoned you here to help me on a noble quest."

Pharynx looks at him unconcise, "Is that so?"

"Yes. You see, close friends of mine have recently become distant from me. They are keeping secrets from me. I would like for you to find out what they are up to and what could have caused the situation in the first place."

"Okay, And I am supposed to do this for free because you ask me nicely?"

"Yeeessss."

He gave him a flat stare, "Discord. I have a hive to run and duties to take care of. I have no time to deal with your friendship problems."

"Ah, but you see it does," Discord gets up and snaps his fingers. Both of them find themselves in a replica of the cutiemap room with the map being ten times big than normal. Discord moves to the map and puts his arms on the edge leaning into it. "The ponies that have become distant to me are Fluttershy the Element of Kindness and Princess Celestia herself." He points to the location of his friends' homes as they glow and grow a little before going back to normal size. As Discord continues his speech, the map is slowly changing into random Chaos creeping towards the changeling hive. "Imagine the problems that may occur if the ruler of Equestria and one of its heroes start leaving the entity of Chaos uncheck, unrestraint, and left feeling mighty lonely for days on end. I can only imagine what this would cause for everypony and everyling."

Pharynx snorts angrily before smiling at Discord, "I know you are playing dirty, and I like that. So, you just need information gather from those two? Is there a set time to complete this mission?"

"The sooner, the better."

"Very well. I should have something for you in two days. Is there a way for me to contact you?"

Discord grabs a random horn from a pony on the map and gives it to Pharynx as it grows to regular size, "Honk this horn, and you while be taken back here. I trust that you can get this done without any trouble?"

"No trouble at all,"


Meanwhile,

"Fluttershy. I know that we are trying to be civil…."

"CIVIL!"

"Yes, civil."

"You are the one not being civil here!"

"The moonlight opera is a romantic experience that only has the greatest impact the first time you see it. So only one of us can take Discord to see it."

Fluttershy and Celestia have been arguing over dates with Discord for some time now. They got so into it that their advisor's Spitfire and Tempest sits calmly away from the ever-growing catfight. They could toss their bits into the arguments, but they found some cookies and went with the sweeter option. Besides, it will be over soon enough.

Spitfire continues to eat cookies when Tempest turns to her, "So what is your story?"

"Love flying, found the best fliers around, started flying with them, moved up in the ranks, and now I train the Equestria's next best flier." Spitfire tosses another cookie in her mouth before drinking some tea. "I would ask the same, but everypony knows your story." Spitfire watches the catfight as Fluttershy is now in the air in Celestia's face.

"If it is any consolation. I am sorry for what I did and trying to make things right." Tempest says before her eyes widen, she sees that the two mares have started growling at each other. "Shouldn't we stop this before it gets out of control?"

"Be my guest," Spitfire says nonchalantly as a fight breaks out before them with magic beams and feathers flying everywhere, "So, what are you doing now?"

"I am security pony over at Las Pegasus and a Bouncer in my spare time." Spitfire gives her a weird look, as Tempest clarifies, "I say I am trying. But twenty years of military training isn't something a pony forgets overnight. And I can say that nopony would dear cause trouble with me nearby." She says proudly as Fluttershy lands a few feet near them before charging back into the fight. "Besides, no pony had to be sent to the hospital in over a month and counting."

Spitfire ducks as a piece of wood flies overhead, "Might I ask what happen?"

Tempest snorts angrily as a pot shatters across a wall, "He grabbed my flank. And I introduce him to the floor. Repeatedly."

Spitfire's eyes widen before a smirk covers her face as she grins at Tempest. "Is that it?"

Tempest gave her a confused look as Celestia let out a loud yip, "What are you going at?"

"Did it occur to that he might have been interested in you?"

"No," She replies flatly as their teapot is quickly magically pulled away from them,

"You have no experience with stallions; I take it?"

Tempest stares with small burning of hate in her eyes. "What that's got to do with anything?"

"Oh nothing," Spitfire answers looking coy at her.

It has been a while since Tempest felt this way. But she can say without a doubt she doesn't like Spitfire, "You know. Now I don't feel as sorry for what happened at Canterlot." Before Spitfire could press the matter, they are interrupted; as loud smash echoes into the room as Fluttershy slams Celestia through the center table. Getting the feeling that fighting wasn't going to stop. Both Advisors got up and started the long and painful processes of separating the two mares.

Author's Note:

Can't these two just sit down and be civil about this before somepony gets hurt?