• Published 30th Mar 2019
  • 555 Views, 2 Comments

I'm Not Good Enough - MetallicPie



Luna is jealous of her sister and thinks she isn't good enough for anypony.

  • ...
 2
 555

I'm Not Good Enough

Celestia rose the sun at the balcony. It was her job to do so. Her younger sister Luna raised the moon when it was time for nighttime to take the place of daytime. Ponies loved the light that the older sibling brought. However, they slept in the night that the younger sibling brought. When Luna always sees this, she starts to grow more jealous of her sister. She wanted to feel loved. She wanted to feel special. She wanted to belong somewhere.

She felt broken inside. She felt as if her heart has shattered and the pieces of it were all over the place. Every night, she would cry in her room. She wouldn't tell Celestia what was wrong because she felt like she didn't deserve to know and that it was none of her concern. She had asked her multiple times if she wanted to go star gazing but she said no since she had so much paperwork to do. That's when she gave up. She never asked her again.

Luna had just gotten back from checking dreams. She started to head to her bedroom. Just then, she saw Celestia's bedroom. She then decided to take a little peek inside. She opened the door quietly with her magic. She saw Celestia sleeping in her bed. This caused her to give a glare at her. She then closed the door and continued her way to her bedroom.

When she entered, she climbed into bed. Tears were running down her cheeks. She then broke down sobbing and shoved her face into her pillow.

"Why is it Celestia that always gets all the attention?" she said through sobs. Her voice sounded muffled since her face was stuffed into her pillow.

Luna cried for a while. After a while, she fell asleep.

...

Luna woke up somewhere that wasn't in her bedroom. It was a starry place. She could've sworn she knew this place. She thought for a moment. After a few moments, she realized that she was in the sky where all the dead ponies were which means that her mother and father are here.

Mother and father! Luna thought.

Just then, something was approaching her. After a few steps, it was clear enough to see them.

It was her mother.

She was so happy to see her. She missed her so much. She was the pony who was always there for her before she died.

"Mother!" she exclaimed, running up to hug her.

"It's nice to see you too, little moonbeam," her mother said chuckling.

Luna's mother's name was Queen Galaxia. She ruled Equestria with her husband King Cosmos before her daughters did.

"Hey, mom? Can I talk to you about something?" Luna asked.

"Of course," Galaxia replied. "What about?"

"Well..." Luna tried to speak but a lump was rising in her throat. She tried to swallow it but it didn't do any good. She broke down sobbing. Her mother then wrapped a wing around her.

"Oh, Luna..." her mother said sympathetically.

The Moon Princess cried for a while with her mother comforting her. After a while, she was calm. Her eyes were bloodshot and her cheeks were stained with tears with fresh new ones running down them. Galaxia used a hoof and wiped them away.

"Feeling better now?" she asked.

"Yes, mom. A lot better," Luna said.

"Good. Now, what's wrong?" Galaxia asked, trying not to push her too hard.

Luna took a deep breath and then she began.

"It's just... I don't feel needed in Equestria... I don't feel special... I don't feel good enough for anypony... I'm not good enough..."

When she was finished speaking, Galaxia was shocked at what just came out of her mouth.

"Luna! You are good enough! You'll always be worth something. You are who you are. Don't you ever forget that," she told her.

The Moon Princess was touched by her mother's words.

"Thank you, mom... I love you..." she said, hugging her. Just then, her mother's spirit started to fade away.

She said her final words to her.

"I love you too..."

...

Luna woke up back in her bedroom. She sighed. She was back to reality. She got out of bed and brushed her mane and put on her accessories. She then exited her room.

...

When Luna entered the throne room, she saw Celestia signing papers. She stopped when she saw Luna.

"Hello, Luna," Celestia said.

"Hello, sister," Luna said in an off tone. This made her sister give a look of concern.

"Luna, are you alright?" her sister asked her.

"I'm fine," she said, not wanting to tell her what was wrong.

The Sun Princess didn't believe her.

"Luna... you know you can tell me anything..."

"Really, Celestia. I'm fine."

"Luna-"

"I SAID I'M FINE!"

The Sun Princess backed away. The Moon Princess was shocked by her outburst. She then stormed out of the throne room, leaving her sister all alone.

What's up with her? the older sibling thought.

...

It was the night of the gala. Luna never went to it. Her sister did though. Her sister always tried to get her to go but she refused to. Just then, there was a knock on her bedroom door.

"Luna?"

It was her sister.

"Yes, Celestia?" Luna said, trying to hide her irritation.

"Can I come in?" Celestia asked.

"No... go away..."

The Sun Princess couldn't believe what her sister had just said to her. She never heard this before.

"Excuse me?" she said.

"You heard me. Leave," The Moon Princess repeated.

"Luna! Why are you-"

"LEAVE!"

After she heard Luna's outburst, Celestia left.

Luna was now alone in her room.

...

Luna had had enough. She had enough of her sister. She was done with her sister getting all the attention from their subjects. Her jealousy had took over her.

"THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE PRINCESS IN EQUESTRIA! AND THAT PRINCESS WILL ME!"

The wall cracked. She rose the moon in front of the sun, creating a solar eclipse. She then transformed into something. She was a pony the same height as her sister with a wicked design.

Just then, Celestia came. She gasped when she saw her sister's new form. She was terrified. Her sister then approached her. Celestia flew up but Luna tried to hit her with a magic beam.

"Luna! I will not fight you! You must lower the moon! It is your duty!" Celestia commanded.

"Luna? I am... NIGHTMARE MOON!"

The Sun Princess gave a worried expression.

"And I have only one royal duty now... TO DESTROY YOU!" Nightmare Moon shouted, firing other beam at her.

Celestia dodged it. She then escaped through a hole in the castle.

"And where do you think you're going?" Nightmare Moon said, flying after her.

Nightmare Moon followed Celestia all over the place, still trying to zap her. More things got destroyed. After a final try, she got her. Celestia screamed and was now falling out of the sky and onto the ground.

...

After a few minutes of being unconscious, Celestia got up. She closed her eyes.

"Oh, dear sister... I'm sorry... but you have given me no choice, but to use these!" she said, the artifacts rising from the ground. They were called the Elements of Harmony.

She grabbed them, using her magic to spin them around. It formed a rainbow around her. She then flew up to meet her sister.

Her sister was ready to fight. The Sun Princess activated the elements. Tears were streaming from her eyes. Nightmare Moon fired another beam at her, Just then, a rainbow beam fired at the wicked pony's. It overpowered hers. She tried to win, but it was no use. She lost.

"NOOO!" she screamed.

She was then sent to the moon. There was now an image on it.

Celestia flew down. Tears were flowing from her eyes and onto the ground. She broke down sobbing quietly.

She was now alone.

I'm sorry, Luna... I'm so sorry...