• Published 14th Jan 2019
  • 303 Views, 3 Comments

Stars start at Twilight. - SketchPadProductions



After a letter from Twilight, Luna starts enjoying her company more. Cheesy romance ensues~

  • ...
 3
 303

Chapter one: The letter.

It was a quiet afternoon in the Canterlot Palace. Everypony was going about their normal routes for the day, the maids were cleaning the halls, the guards were patrolling as normal, and Luna was in her room reading over her notes on her subjects dreams to make sure that her nightly work will go smoothly. Studying them meticulously to make sure she could help the ponies of Equestria through the many nightmares they go through. Many of the dreams she is reading up on are ones of fear and anxiety, two things she knows well from her lifetime. After making some mental notes she looked at her large stained glass windows that led to her own personal balcony. The masterfully crafted glass made the light shine through a deep purple, the maker of those doors was one of grand skill. Though to Luna’s dismay he passed before she returned from her exile. She rubbed her temples with her front hooves, having been staring at the book before her for hours on end, she turned her head to look at the time.


"We do have our work cut out tonight.." she sighed slowly before closing the book, laying down on her silky bed. Realizing she needed a brake from looking into her subjects dreams she slowly rose from her bed, sitting on it’s edge as she thought aloud. "Equestria seems smaller does it not?" She asked to nopony in particular, her voice seemed to carry some sense of hopelessness to it as she spoke, knowing that ponies would soon find every bit of the world and leave it with no wonder, no secrets. She was used to speaking to the silent walls around her, having nopony respond to her many questions. With a tired nod she got off of her bed slowly landing on her four hooves with a pop of her tired back she trotted to her balcony, swinging open the glass doors so the evening light shined into her room. With a deep breath through her nose she could smell the fresh air blow in, giving her brain a quick boost so she could stay more awake. Slowly moving to the rails with a grin of relaxation. “Time for us to take a breath.”


She looked over the grand city of Canterlot, remembering how it used to look before her exile. The smaller more humble buildings, with hoofmade craftsmanship that rivaled even the unicorn’s own work. Oh and the smell, oh the smells she remembered! Freshly baked goods and fried veggies mixed with rice in the local market. The sweet sent of lovingly made candies she used to eat on warm summer days, or the fragrant smell of flowers that used to be grown everywhere in the city, not just the royal gardens. Now it smells of bland stones and artificial flowers, premade sweets. She looked where an old guard tower stood, it was dwarfed by the size of some new apartment building where it once stood. That reminded her, nopony but Luna and Celestia knew how it was back then by hoof.


Then she had a saddening thought as she looked over everything before her, A thousand years from now nopony will know this Equestria. This newer age will be long gone in history before long. All that she is seeing will be replaced by newer more advanced sect of ponies. Knowing she would be almost completely alone with her memory of the long forgotten past she thought aloud. "Well, time does go on, ponies change and so does the world I suppose. Even if me and my sister will-" she paused, remembering that it was no longer her sister and herself that had ascended into alicorns. Cadence, flurry Heart, and Twilight are all new alicorns, ones to live on with her through the years. “...At least me and my sister won’t be the only ones to live on.” This gave her a small albeit bittersweet smile to know that at least somepony will be there other than her sister. She won’t need to worry about becoming friends with somepony and get attached only for then to age and wither away.


"Oh immortality, how we wish to be rid of you..." She was speaking to nopony again, but her words were spoke towards her own never-ending lifespan. Her voice had a twinge of solace and anger as she spoke again to this curse she has endured for all these years. "You alone have made us more lonely then the hermit in the mountains." After that she had no want to look over Canterlot anymore, knowing that it will blow away one day without her.


After having herself a brake from her duties, spoiled by the same lingering thought she could never shake away no matter how hard she tried, She hung her head low and made her way back inside. Looking in her closet to find a small smooth black orb the size of an apple. It was speckled through and through with little rainbow specs of light frozen inside. This was a gift from a kind astronomer back when she was first given the title "Princess of the Night". She whispered to herself with an aura of amused remembrance. Seeing the beautiful replication of her night made her smile softly at the love and work that was put into it. Something that most could never recreate in full detail.


After a long silent pause of remembering that day when she was given that title, Luna was brought back to reality by a loud knock on her door. She rolled her eyes at the interruption, slightly annoyed from the sudden grounding back into the realm of conscious. She then slowly made her way to the door, opening it to see a small maid with a letter. "Hello Princess, I was told to take this here asap" said the small maid, giving the princess a small, slightly nervous smile as she held the letter out. Luna gave a small fake smile and took the letter. Then as the maid bowed and went on her way Luna closed the large doors and rubbed her forehead. Fallowed by Luna returning to her bed and opening the letter.


Luna read the letter closely, making sure to not miss anything.
"Dear Luna, it’s Twilight. I was wondering if you were free sometime. I’ve been mapping the sky and I don't really have a grasp on what I should be looking for. You know more than anypony, so may I come by and ask you some questions? If not I understand, I know how busy being a princess can be. your friend: Twilight Sparkle."


Luna stared at the letter with a grin, happy for the request and the interest for her night sky. Taking a scroll she starts to write a response.
"My dear Twilight, I would very much appreciate a cup of tea and an afternoon of discussion! I happen to be free tomorrow morning so feel free to come to the palace to ask your questions.
From: Princess Luna."
She smiled and sent it off in a flash of dark purple magic before letting out a small chuckle, wondering what questions she will be asked. All she really knew that she was looking forward to the company.


"Well, we must make plans for the morning, its going to be a long one I’m sure.”

Author's Note:

Hello~
Sketch Pad here, i want to thank you for reading the first chapter in our first Fanfiction.

We hope you enjoyed what we have so far, and we wish to keep adding to this from here on out.

Thank you again for reading.
^-^)

Comments ( 3 )

well this looks good so far hope you keep it up :twilightsmile:

Xalok thanks for the comment!~
Chapter 2 is being worked on as we speak.
We hope you enjoy it ^-^)

I do believe that this wonderful beginning requires at least a second chapter :raritywink: I'm loving the complex emotions that are shown with Luna as well~ The longing she has for the things she knew she showed a clear happiness for and it's now gone.

I just realized I'm nearly writing a story review >~>

All in all, I have read the story a few times now and I have the same amount character relation each time~

Login or register to comment