• Published 16th Dec 2011
  • 5,064 Views, 91 Comments

It's Not The Same Without You - Pegasistah



Scootaloo looks back on the events leading up to her present life.

  • ...
3
 91
 5,064

Seeing Blue

"Don't cry Scoots... I miss her too." She tried her best to console her.

"She was all I had, all I loved." No luck.

"Everyone loved her-"

"Not like me." She snapped at her. "There is a difference between admire and love."

"I'm sure ponies loved her..."

"But you don't know."

*********************

The sky filled with clouds as every pegasi was on the ground. A large crowd had formed on the field around the new grave. All looked down at the grass, focusing on nothing in particular. One ditzy mare looked guilty from information withheld.

Six ponies stood around the grave.

Murmurs around them were all the same.

"She was a great flier..."

"That Sonic Rainbow was awsome..."

"How sad..."

Twilight broke the silence. "I will miss you Dash... The way you crashed into my libaray, and always stayed to help me out."

Rarity followed. "I will miss your nagging. You always spoke your mind, and that was honorable."

"Those pranks we pulled were pretty superawesomeamazing! Now I will need to be the prank master." Pinkie sighed.

"Y'all were one of the most competitive ponies Ah every saw, an' Ah will miss all our competitions..." Applejack admitted.

"You helped me from the very first day I met you, and taught me so much... I miss you already..." Fluttershy began to cry.

"I will miss the one pony who believed in everything I did, and loved me. I didn't lose a friend, I lost a Mom."

*********************

"Everypony loved Rainbow in their own way, and you probably loved her the most, I admit it. Look at you, your a Wonderbolt! And Dash would be so proud." She flew up next to Scootaloo.

"This was her dream." She turned away from her.

"And she would be happy for you still. Her real dream, even if she didn't realize it, was raising you into a strong mare. And look... You are one of the best mares around." She looked at

"Thanks."

"And knowing Dash, she would want you to honor her, and that would be to go back and make that speech in her name."

"I can't do it..."

"And what do you think Dash would say to that?"

A lump formed in her throat. "Try..."

-----

The orange pegasus flew through the hole she left upon her exit, head held low but determination in her eyes. Everyone grew silent as she took the podium.

"I apologize for the way I acted. I would wish to finish my speech." She put on her proper voice, but then decided to drop the act. "I want to finish this speech, so all you guys can hear what I want to say."

She cleared her throat. "No pony is perfect." She let that statement hang in the air. "Not a single pony. And I am no exception. I grew up with nopony for a while, but one pony helped lead me here today. Her name was Rainbow Dash..."

Standing tall, she retold her story.

Comments ( 25 )

. . . . .

. . . .

. . .

. .

.

FFFFFFFFFFFFF

WHYYYYYYYYYYY

Very nice chapter, but It's just a little short, there, Pegasistah. Keep up the good work, you've got great description in this. :ajsmug:

I'm sorry, but three weeks for a 600 word chapter? :ajbemused:
In the time it took you to write a single crappy, tiny chapter, I wrote a 60k word fic.
I understand if you left on vacation or something, but for the love of God, this is ridiculous. :facehoof: I stayed with this thinking it would be good and worth it next chapter.
Not in the slightest. :applejackunsure:

Beautiful... Great work. :fluttercry:

Albeit short, it was an awesome chapter.

short, but sweet, some would say...

115743 wow, really? 60,000 words in a few weeks? do you have a job? family? friends? or is all of your time spent writing, so that you can proceed to complain that others arent as fast as you? look, not everyone is you. not everyone CAN be you, and not everyone WANTS to be you. not all of us are as obviously doped up on raging inspiration as you are. we can't write 20k words a week. i understand that you dont like waiting, but thats no reason to rage. we're a bunch of teenagers and adults writing fanfiction about ponies for fun. we're not under any deadlines, we're not turning any profit. we write when inspiration strikes us. and dont forget, we have the rest of the fandom to keep up on. particularly, the love and tolerance bit. the part that YOU seem to have missed. if you dont want to keep tracking the story, fine. dont track it. but dont rage about it. that's just childish.

incidentally, i liked it. i wanna hear what scoots has to say. :scootangel:

116486
I'm saying it's a bit ridiculous that it took this much time to write a badly written, 600 word chapter.
It's called NaNoWriMo, and it's a speed writing contest.
There are no deadlines, no, but I'm being honest. This fic didn't need a second chapter to begin with, OP is just fishing for more compliments because she got so much attention on the first one. :applejackunsure:
I'm being honest, rather than babying anyone here.

Well, that went nowhere slowly. I forget why I tracked this story... I think I might re-read the first chapter and unfollow it T_T

116622 It's good to see another Nano on here. However, I think you already pointed out why it might have taken a bit too long. NaNoWriMo is all about speed and quantity, rather than quality. With NaNoWriMo, all you want is to finish. Yes, the ten minute word wars can get over one thousand words easy, but this was supposed to be a more open piece of work. Maybe the poster got nervous, so let his/her inner editor take over. Also, maybe something happened to prevent the poster from writing.

116486 Oh, and during NaNoWriMo, you really don't have much of a job, family, or friends. You tend to become a zombie with anything not directly related to your Nano, and often you rarely have time for anything 'normal'.

must not feed parasprites...

117231 what is this nanowrimo thing? the way it sounds, its some sort of government-run writing camp. :rainbowderp:

116622
Whoa, nelly. There's a difference between constructive criticism, and outright flaming. Okay, the author took 21 days to write just 600 words, while you cranked out 60k. Big whoop. Some people write fast sometimes, other times, they write slow. I speak from experience in that regard - 70k words one month, just 3,000 the next.

I do agree that it isn't the best-written piece, though - some editing could be used.
On the other hoof, I have to give credit because the author is trying to write a relationship-heavy story, something I don't think I could do worth toffee.

118541
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Novel_Writing_Month
Frankly, it sounds like fun - I might have to give it a shot, and see if I can write a 50k-word, not-crap story in one month.

119009 I think you misunderstand NaNoWriMo. A large point of it is to write absolute rubbish, and understanding that. The good novels come up after editing, which takes place in november and beyond. I hope to see you next november. Nano embodies a lot of the pony traits. You have to have laughter, or else you will give up. You must be loyal to your story, while maintaining loyalty to friends. Kindness is encouraged on the boards, as it helps soothe the mind. If you're not honest, you'll end up hating yourself. Nanoers are generous, we have whole sections for giving eachother ideas and whatnot, as well as offering to train them in the way of writing. Finally, writing is in its own way, a magic. You manipulate everything to make it as you see it.

120999
Then I shall do better. I shall write a 50k word story that I would actually hold up, and say "Guys - I wrote this. Bask in my pale, semi-luminescent glory."

121762
Also, 50k is not the limit. Some people write double that. Also, if you are only semi-luminescent after the month, something has gone wrong. seriously. My first month, I was so luminescent that my face could easily be seen at night.

Damn you!!! Making me cry.....

You guys complain how short it is, but think, does it need to be any longer?
I think it was amazing.
....and that's how Scootaloo became the Element of Loyalty.

I love it. Fuck the haters.

OH God... I'm crying. Why? WHY? I love this but I hate it also!

I cried, bro D: WHYYYYYYYYYYYYY?!

Sooooooo is there gona be more just wondering.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Login or register to comment