• Published 29th Nov 2018
  • 4,723 Views, 226 Comments

One Way Trip - SoulSpirit



I wake up in the hospital with severe pain, a small pony on my chest, and a princess in the room. Only to set out for my new life.

  • ...
26
 226
 4,723

My first night back

Upon entering my room, I let out a sigh of relief. Even though the only stressful and annoying part of my day was the meeting with Celestia and the representative from the Griffon Empire, it still took up the majority of it. Better get used to it now that I’m her butler. Though I wonder, with this job, how I’ll get around to combat training. I shivered. Shit, I don’t know fire magic yet. Better get reading. For now, I cast a heating spell on the bed to be my only defense against the cold of the once empty room of night. I was about to retrieve the fire tome when I noticed something on my bed. A note with written instructions for two spells. One for putting clothes on and one for getting them off. If I didn’t know better, I’d say Tia was making fun of me. Pushing magic through my horn, I executed the second written spell that took the clothes off and made them vanish somewhere that I don’t know. I climbed onto my bed for the first time and was greeted with not only the warmth from the heat spell but the soft feel of the fabric. It felt so soft that I almost fell asleep in a matter of seconds, but if I did that before learning to light the fireplace I’d freeze in my sleep. Definitely fall. I levitated the fire tome from my desk across the room and cracked it open when it reached me. I started scanning the table of contents. I need to go straight to some instructions of starting a simple fire. And….there! Simple campfires, page 27. I flipped to the page and began reading.

It took so long that I lost track of the time, but I finally got the spell memorized. Aiming my horn at the fireplace nearby I recited the spell. The fireplace lit up, fire spitting out into existence, clinging onto the wood for dear life. Good thing too, because the heating spell ended a while ago and I was freezing again. I welcomed the soft heat waves like as if it was an old friend. I let out a comfy hum. “Much better.”

“I concur.” I’m sure I almost died of a heart attack. What the fuck? I turned my dead in the direction the voice came from.

“What the hell Luna?” Luna was on my balcony. When the hell did she get there? Actually, why is more the question. “Do you need something, or did you only want to scare the soul out of my body?”

As she made her way deeper into my room, she answered “Halcyon down. We were just curious about thy living situation” she scanned the room. “Our sister has spoiled thee. We are surpirsed that thou agreed so easily.”

I chuckled at her assumption. “I didn’t It took Tia some effort, and she only won when she told me that it’s part of the job. Other wise i bet we would still be arguing about it.” I could tell that the thought alone fill Luna with great enjoyment.

“We can see that happening.” I saw her gaze fall on the spell tome beside me. “What book is that one”

“Fire magic. I wasn’t originally planning to start studying any spells tonight, but I had to learn how to start a fire.” I turned my head to the fire. It feels nice. I was startled again by a sudden pressure on the side of my bed. I turned my in it’s direction to see Luna who had both of her front hoofs on my bed.

“Don’t mind if we join?” she had a hopeful look her face.

“Why the hell not?” upon my answer, she got on the bed and laid down beside me. “By the way, don’t you have to run night court tonight?” she shook her head.

“Court is closed tonight. Anyway, we wanted to point something out.” she took the spell tome in her magic, closed it, and flipped the book upside down. “Look here.” When I did noticed a socket in the back cover of the book that looked like my pendant. “Your pendant goes in here, which will revile unseen pages in the book.” after she gave the book back, I immediately inserted the pendant into the socket and open the back of the book. As she said, I found pages that weren’t there five minutes ago.

“That’s a neat trick. Speaking of the pendant,” I closed the tome and levitated it onto the nightstand next to the bed after pendent back out of the socket. “Feel like telling me what its meaning is because I can tell there’s something about it that neither you or Tia are telling me.”

She just smiled at me. “Maybe one night, we’ll tell.” she giggled. “When are you going to start training?” I sighed, realizing that she just managed to avoid answering my question. Sure thing, keep teasing me.

“To be honest, I don’t know. I’m planning to ask Tia about it tomorrow to try working it out. I was going to ask earlier today, but I forgot due to the meeting with a representative from the Griffon Empire.” I yawned, feeling my eyelids becoming heavy. Luna giggled again. She seems amused. “Sorry to cut our meeting short, but I feel like I might drop dead at any moment.

“Of course. We have to check for nightmares anyway.” she got off my bed and went to the balcony. Before leaving, she said “peaceful dreams, little one.” and with a flap of her enormous wings, she flew out of sight. Using my magic, I closed the balcony doors. I hope so. I thought, fearing the possibility of a dream like the one from last night. I fell asleep almost instantly.