• Published 29th Nov 2018
  • 4,723 Views, 226 Comments

One Way Trip - SoulSpirit



I wake up in the hospital with severe pain, a small pony on my chest, and a princess in the room. Only to set out for my new life.

  • ...
26
 226
 4,723

Living arrangements (edited)

“Yes, living arrangements…. no, actually, I don’t know where to start on that.” I started, my body not knowing how to feel about this.

“It’s okay, Luna and I already have a plan. That is if….” Celestia began, but the way her voice sounded when she said the word “if” made it pretty obvious that there was something up.

“There is something you want of me isn’t there? Go ahead, let's hear it.” I made sure to leave any fear or nervousness out of my voice as I spoke, but it didn’t mean that I didn’t feel either one.

“Here, let’s go somewhere more private for this. Guards, leave us be. Spirit, please follow.” Celestia kindly requested. I complied, and Luna followed along. The feeling of concern grew stronger with every turn I took in the mass of corridors. We eventually slowed to a stop as we came upon some double doors rimmed with gold. Guards on both left and right of the doorway. How does every guard here look exactly the same, I wondered. No, seriously, every guard. A white stallion with blue mane and tail along with cyan eyes. Only differences being if they have wings, a horn, or neither. “Here we are. These are my personal chambers. Come on in.”

“Then where are Luna’s chambers if you don’t share?” I didn’t mean to ask that out loud for it seemed a little personal, but there it goes right from the horse's mouth.

“My champers on at the top of the tower on the opposite side of the castle,” Luna explained. And with that, the three of us stepped into Celestia’s chambers.

“This has to deal with what they found out about you while at the hospital,” Celestia explained. All I could offer is a look of confusion. “They didn’t tell you? Must have slipped their minds. The doctors, after giving you an x-ray of your entire body, have found a few bones growing that you shouldn’t have. And I don’t mean like extras or doubles.” And the shock on my muzzle became more iconic than the sun.

“Can you explain what they are?” I questioned.

“I have my suspicions, but these bones are harmless and shouldn’t interfere with your daily routine.”

“What daily routine?” Luna chimed in, clearly bored of her lack of activity.

“Oh, right,” Celestia responded in her realization as I face-palmed, or is it face-hooved now? “These bones being the very favor I’ll be asking.” She paused to take a sip of her tea. Wait a minute, where the fuck did the tea come from? I wondered. “ I ask that once a week, you visit my scientists so they can monitor and record these bones. In exchange, you will be allowed to live in one of the guest rooms of the palace and have an allowance. Do we have a deal?”

“That’s it? Hell yes!” I didn’t bother to try to hide the excitement in my voice. Who would have to think about that? Free bed and roof over my head, highest grade quality too, with an allowance too. Just for letting myself have weakly examination conducted by a few scientists. Sure as hell beats being homeless. Though I would still try to find some kind of work. Even if I could live off an allowance alone, it wouldn’t feel right doing so.

“Well, that didn’t take long.” Luna commented

“Agreed.” Added Celestia. “Either he’s a fast thinker or he just doesn’t think.”

“I’ll leave you two guessing at that one.” I told the princesses teasingly.

“How about I show you to your room?” Recommended Luna. “Celestia is busy and I have to start heading back to my chambers. I was supposed to be asleep but woke up for the meeting with you.” Is she trying to guilt trip me? I questioned. Not out loud though, that would ruin the fun of trying to figure out how she worked on my own. Or even Celestia for that matter.

“Sure, why not?” I replied.

It didn’t take long, but when I looked inside the room, I was stunned. Polished white marble floor, a fireplace, a few coffee tables, large bed with nightstand, dresser, a nice rug, bathroom, and even a balcony. I know I shouldn’t be that surprised, but what the hell, they went all out. I turn around to see Luna fighting to restrain a giggle.

“I don't know what today. I don't think I can accept this, even though it is a deal. It just feels….. wrong, not doing any real work to earn any of this.” After I said that I made my way to the bed to take a seat. Even if I didn’t notice, my head started to hang. I heard Luna make her way across the room from behind. I was startled when she just plopped down right next to me on the bed.

Luna spoke up. “It is okay to have those feelings, healthy even, but it’s unhealthy to refuge and grow those feelings.” If you ever need help, I am sure my sister will be happy to help. But I will likely be asleep during those times so sorry. Speaking of which, time for me to head to bed. Gotta catch up on sleep before I have to raise the moon and begin the responsibilities of the night.”

And with that, she left. Wait, did she just imply that she controls the bloody fucking moon!? I asked myself, but decided to put an end to those thoughts right there for now. No need to overload the brain with too many ‘new’ things at once. And then I decided to settle in till the next morning.

Author's Note:

Ask Spirit anything on his Tumblr