• Published 29th Nov 2018
  • 4,723 Views, 226 Comments

One Way Trip - SoulSpirit



I wake up in the hospital with severe pain, a small pony on my chest, and a princess in the room. Only to set out for my new life.

  • ...
26
 226
 4,723

Meet Harmony

I was adrift in an empty space. Looking around, I noted that I was asleep. Another solid dream, wonder what’s going to happen this time. Because I wasn’t on any nonexistent ground, I clapped my hoofs this time. Inder me formed a really large, circular platform that I slowly landed on. I just sat there bored, expecting something to happen.

Come on, you can’t expect me to believe nothing’s going to happen. Something always happens, every fucking time.

Then a glow appeared from the corner of my eye. Turning, I saw a white orb floating towards me. It was about my size.

Now we’re getting somewhere!

“Hello,” it spoke, it’s voice sounding like it was composed of dozens of others all speaking in perfect unison. “You are not from my land. I have watched you since your arrival little wanderer.”

“Alright, that’s a little creepy, and you are?” I pressed on.

“I am known as Harmony. My physical form is the tree of harmony. Though what's more well known are my seeds. They are referred to as the elements of harmony.”

“Oh, those. I’ve heard of them. Before you get too deep into that, how about you tell me why you came to my dream?”

“You have said that you don’t like to ‘beat around the bush’. Very well. I wanted to meet you and tell you that you are doing well on your journey to your end goal, but you must not falter. You still have a ways to go.” How did I see that one coming?

“Okay, just one question.”

“Ask away.”

“You were the one that brought me into Equestria, weren’t you?” there was an unnerving pause before Harmony responded.

“Yes. you are needed-”

“To help bring down Discord when he returns, I know that.” I wanted nothing more at that moment than to take out my frustration on Harmony. You could have at least let me keep a memory of my name bitch! But I didn’t forget that this was a dream and any efforts ould just result in a failure.

“Actually, there’s more.”

“More?” I cocked an eyebrow.

“Look down.” upon doing so, I saw that the platform’s surface was made of stained glass that lit up as though there was a light source in it. On the glass was me. Around my head were several small circles, but only one wasn’t empty. It had Luna’s cutie mark on it. Now that I look, the background was nothing but a grassland with a single tree. I knew that tree though. That was the tree I slept under when I first went to Ponyville. Beutiful, but still. What The Hell? “You have a future here in Equestria, an important one. Without your existence, Equestria will….” the stain-glass platform under me shattered into nothing. “Fall. It will fall one way or another in an unfavorable and untimely manner without you. I ask that you keep going, no matter how sad things might seem.” Wait a moment.

“Will I ever be able to go back to where I came from?” yet another pause, this one more painful than it as nerve-racking.

“No.” At least Harmony isn’t trying to lie to me or sugar coat it.

“Than I guess I will have to deal with it.” I sighed. That took a lot of effort to say. I know it’s the truth and that there was nothing I could do about it. “Please leave me to sleep now.”

“Sure thing, but don’t forget this. Even though things might seem dark, and you can’t find the light, just remember that you are never alone. Open your heart to others.” leaving that bit of advice, the white orb known as Harmony faded away and the glass platform came back into existence as it was before.

There are a lot of empty areas on this glass. Wonder what the future has in store for me.

Author's Note:

Drop a like, leave a comment, and I hope you enjoyed