• Published 8th Nov 2018
  • 666 Views, 220 Comments

Life is A Test 2: Test Harder (Quite A Bit Harder) - Brony_of_Brody



Can YOU out-logic everypony in this sequel to the Pony Puzzle Pile?

  • ...
2
 220
 666

PreviousChapters Next
The Rainbow Redemption

It takes about another ten minutes to finally calm Rarity down enough that you can proceed on with your quest, but you manage to wash the mud off before your ears are wrecked beyond repair. There are only two more ponies to rescue, and with it, hopefully the mystery of the strange mountain and the unusual array of puzzles along the way may be solved.

Your next hostage turns out to be none other than Rainbow Dash, who the group encounters nearer the top of the mountain, inside what looks like a long forgotten temple. She's trapped inside an hourglass running the hour, and just to throw in a few more irony points, she seems to be coming close to drowning under Prism Poppers. And they're coconut flavoured: the absolute worst kind next to coffee flavoured. Things truly cannot be any more cruel.

Fortunately, Rarity is more than willing to step up to bat to try and free Rainbow Dash (after Applejack conclusively proves unable to break the glass with several well-timed bucks) and makes her way to a small sign. The instructions are refreshingly direct - almost disappointingly so:

Estimate 264.

Sadly, out of all the equipment you and Twilight packed for the expedition, a calculator isn't one of them. Twilight is tempted to break out her parchment and quill to write down the calculations, but is bluntly informed by Applejack that Rainbow probably won't last that long, and it says to GUESS the number. Even pinkie admits that she'd probably make a mistake somewhere if she tried it the hard way. In other words, the right logic thread will get you close enough to the answer to pass.

The real question is if Rarity can figure that out too. So how can it be done: estimating the number to a reasonable degree of accuracy?

Author's Note:

So outline the logic that leads you to the answer. I won't accept just a number here.

  1. 264 is 2 multiplied by itself 64 times.
  2. You may not use a calculator.

PUZZLE: Estimate 264.

PreviousChapters Next