• Published 8th Nov 2018
  • 666 Views, 220 Comments

Life is A Test 2: Test Harder (Quite A Bit Harder) - Brony_of_Brody



Can YOU out-logic everypony in this sequel to the Pony Puzzle Pile?

  • ...
2
 220
 666

PreviousChapters Next
Marriage: A Cruel And Unusual Mistress

The role of Royal Dispute Settler is not just limited to giving advice to ponies: as you are now technically part of Canterlot's nobility now, on occasion you are called in to attend some sort of fancy do that really has nothing to do with whatever you're interested in. At least there's generally cake, which was worth sticking around for.

Anyway, while you were attending a birth-iversary of a mother and child (one of the nobles married his wife on her birthday, and she had his son on her birthday too, which resulted in the two of them sharing the same birthday. One wonders if he had this planned all along, which would be dedication if nothing else), three of the party guests happen to catch your eye: a grey stallion in his best green suit, who seems to be fascinated by an azure mare wearing an elegant white dress, who in turn seems enraptured by a brown stallion in a black suit and tie, at the nibbles table nursing a punch away from the others, the poor awkward guy.

Fancy Pants, another guest who got invited to the statistically improbable event, introduces the three to you: Upper Crust, Charity Case, and Quiet Time, in that order. There's not a whole lot to do at noble parties except gossip about all the OTHER nobles, and you soon learn about all the get-togethers and events Jet Set and his wife Upper Crust seem to attend (including some beef with Rarity), and how Quiet Time remains an eligible bachelor, for all too obvious reasons. Despite his well-connected self however, Fancy Pants confesses he is at a loss regarding Charity Case's own personal life: she seems to be more reclusive than even Quiet Time in regards to that.

At that moment, Fancy Pants's wife Fleur calls him over, leaving you to mull over what the blue stallion told you. Being the great puzzle enthusiast you are, you immediately start forming all sorts of conclusions in your head, basically inventing a puzzle for yourself. Three ponies staring at each other in a line: how could you resist?

Author's Note:

Apparently this was part of an experiment, this puzzle.

  1. Jet Set is looking at Charity Case, who is looking at Quiet Time.
  2. jet Set is married, Quiet Time is not.
  3. Charity Case's marital status is unknown.

PUZZLE: Is a married pony looking at an unmarried pony?

A: YES
B: NO
C: CANNOT BE DETERMINED

PreviousChapters Next