• Published 8th Nov 2018
  • 666 Views, 220 Comments

Life is A Test 2: Test Harder (Quite A Bit Harder) - Brony_of_Brody



Can YOU out-logic everypony in this sequel to the Pony Puzzle Pile?

  • ...
2
 220
 666

PreviousChapters Next
The Answer 10

The treasure is in square A4.

All the cards have different numbers on them, so we can eliminate any squares that has the same number of steps between two ponies: in other words, the six squares equidistant between Pearl Wisdom and Scarlet Pimple (A5, B5, C4, D4, E4, and F4).

We also know none of the cards have a 0 written down, otherwise one of the ponies would immediately know the treasure was buried under them, so we can eliminate the squares each pony is standing on.

We also know Scarlet Pimple doesn't have 7 written on his card, as there's only one square seven steps away from his location (F6). Likewise, Pearl cannot have 8 and Rarity cannot have 8 or 9, because if they had either number, they would have responded that they knew where the treasure is. So we can eliminate A6, B6, F1 and F6 as well.

Finally, for Rarity to know where the treasure is, she must have a number that provides the distance to only one possible square, and it just so happens that there is only ONE square seven steps away from Rarity, and that's the square A4.

PreviousChapters Next