• Published 8th Nov 2018
  • 666 Views, 220 Comments

Life is A Test 2: Test Harder (Quite A Bit Harder) - Brony_of_Brody



Can YOU out-logic everypony in this sequel to the Pony Puzzle Pile?

  • ...
2
 220
 666

PreviousChapters Next
Ow, Right In The Code

The exact nature of your job as Royal Dispute Settler means you can't really make any appointments for anypony: the best you can do is tell them to turn up on a specific day and then wait in a queue. This is largely because puzzles such as THIS one come along and devour most of your morning, if not the entire day.

It's a very crisp morning in Canterlot, and your client for the moment is Secret Agent Sweetie Drops (or Bon Bon to her friends), a budding voice actress turned government worker (the exact details are far too embarrassing and/or sordid to mention within this fanfic, or in the presence of royalty), and in a rather embarrassing moment of failing to rise to the occasion, finds herself unable to crack a code. She fervently insists that it's because her maths totally stinks and that whoever sent the code stinks too, but you're not here to question the life decisions. Also, nopony else in the agency could figure it out either anyway, so there, nyeeeh.

After swearing an Oath of Confidentiality, Fidelity, Blood Feud and Office to Bon Bon that you will not leak whatever is revealed within these chambers, you examine the code. Bon Bon refuses to give the exact context as to what it all means, but she does mention that the code represents a numerical sum:

Rather unfortunately, several of the letters were smudged during transportation to headquarters, despite being packed in the most technologically advanced wrapping available this side of Ponyville - a brown envelope - and are now completely unreadable: in fact, what you're holding is a reconstruction of the equation, with the dashes representing the smudged parts. All she can tell you is that every digit, all the way from 0 to 9, are all used in the equation at least once.

Naturally, since it would be hopelessly embarrassing for you to not know the answer either, and because you're not about to enter a game of numerical-code chicken with this pony, you decide to have a bash at it. What does each letter mean, can you fill in the blanks, and can you spare Bon Bon and her secret agency the SHAME, the top secret, unaccountable SHAME?

Author's Note:

What can I say, I like the hard ones.

  1. A coded sum as described in the picture.
  2. Each letter represents a different digit.
  3. The blank spaces are also digits in the sum.
  4. All digits, from 0 to 9, are all used in the sum at least once.
  5. The sum is in standard Base 10. You know, in case you were overthinking things.

PUZZLE: After filling in the blanks, what is the finished sum?

PreviousChapters Next