• Published 8th Nov 2018
  • 666 Views, 220 Comments

Life is A Test 2: Test Harder (Quite A Bit Harder) - Brony_of_Brody



Can YOU out-logic everypony in this sequel to the Pony Puzzle Pile?

  • ...
2
 220
 666

PreviousChapters Next
Welp. Hard To Argue Against That

The whole spam-letter thing was indeed a clever prank. Rather unfortunately, the follow-up response on Black Bird's part proves to be somewhat irrefutable - she knocks you out with sleeping gas, marenaps the pair of you, and now you and Rainbow Dash have found yourselves locked in a small dungeon somewhere, with what appears to be a small, but very long table in front of the pair of you. The accommodations seem pretty roomy, but someone ought to plug that infernal leak. And there's too many spiders. Gingerbread spiders. Well, at least you won't starve. You hope.

This is why barbarians are so hard to argue with - there's no clever answer to death. Or worse.

After determining to your dissatisfaction that there are no windows and the only securely barred door cannot be opened, you spot a note right on the table's left end.

Greetings, you blue troglodyte and you ordinary looking royal flank-kisser, it reads. I have arranged for you to play a little game of mine, and I'm pretty confident that Rainbow Crash isn't lucky or smart enough to win, prepare to be stuck forever while you struggle for my amusement.

Here are the rules: on the table right in front of you are a hundred coins, in Equestrian bits. The values of each coin is different from the others - some are worth one bit, others two, and so on. The pair of you will take turns, picking off coins from each end (you can freely choose which end every turn, of course), until the last one is gone. Whoever has the most bits at the end of the game wins.

But I'm not that nice. The pair of you only get to go free if Rainbow wins the game, and I am trusting you to play at your best, Mister Royal Dispute Settler On Probation, because I'm watching, and if I suspect you went easy on her, you can enjoy rotting here forever. With the hungry GIANT gingerbread spiders in the cell next door.

And don't worry. Should Rainbow lose, the coins will randomise themselves and give you another chance, but as if Rainbow ever will win. I'll even let her go first for the first attempt.

Have fun. And don't tell her the solution, mister. I'm always watching and listening.

Yours insincerely,

Black Bird

You look up. Sure enough, there appears to be a two-way crystal ball, observing your every move. Well, horse-manure. Rainbow has to figure this puzzle out herself, and to make matters worse, you're obliged to make it as difficult for her as possible. But all the same, you and Rainbow have solved puzzles together in the past. No choice but to trust Rainbow is smarter than she appears to be and learned a few tricks. So how can Rainbow win the game and free the pair of you, so that you can continue to plot revenge in this prank-war gone too far?

Author's Note:

Oh dear. Act as the voice in Rainbow's head and get her out this jam. Please.

  1. One hundred coins laid out in a row on a table.
  2. The coins are of different values.
  3. You and Rainbow Dash take turns pocketing one coin at a time. Only coins at the end of the row can be picked.
  4. Both you and Rainbow Dash can choose which end to pick from every turn.
  5. Whoever gathers the most money when the last coin is gone wins. You will only go free if Rainbow Dash gets more money than you and wins.
  6. Rainbow Dash goes first.

PUZZLE: How can Rainbow Dash make more money than you and go free?

PreviousChapters Next