• Published 9th Sep 2018
  • 214 Views, 5 Comments

New Pony in School - YellowPegasus347



To sum this story up in 5 words. Somepony goes to friendship school.

  • ...
 5
 214

Arriving in Ponyville

“We will be arriving in Ponyville in five minutes!” A train pony announced. Mythical Gold’s mom, or Velvet Jewel, took that as her cue to double check all of their belongings. Once she made sure all was accounted for, she looked at her daughter who still had her headphones on and was sleeping peacefully. Jewel sighed. How many times has she told that filly not to sleep with her headphones on? It’s bad enough that she uses it so often. She was certain that headphones ruin ponies hearing. Jewel removed the headphones from Mythical Gold’s ears to her neck.

“Honey, wake up. We’re almost there,” Jewel said as she shook Myth a little, causing her to wake up.

“Huh?” Myth moaned as she rubbed her eyes with her hoof.

“I said we’re almost there,” Jewel repeated. Myth yawned and stretched in her seat. She looked around the train car and spotted some ponies chatting a few seats away. Myth turned to look outside the window and saw a small town getting closer and closer as the seconds ticked by.

“That’s Ponyville?” Myth questioned. Jewel went over to look out the window with her.

“Yeah. That’s it,” Jewel answered. They both continued to look out the window as they got closer to their destination and saw something that looked a bit out of place. It was Princess Twilight’s castle and a building next to it. Curious, Myth asked her mom what it was.

“Mama, that’s the Princess’ castle right? What’s near it?”

“It’s probably the friendship school.”

“Friendship school? I thought ponies were just kidding about that. Why in Equestria would we need to go to friendship school?”

“To learn about the magic of friendship.” Myth thought about her mother’s answer. She still thought it was ridiculous. Suddenly, Myth thought of something that made her worry.

“Are there other schools besides the friendship school in Ponyville?” She worriedly asked.

“There is only one other school,” Jewel replied making Myth sigh in relief, but she continued, “but you’re going to the friendship school.”

“What?!” Myth yelled in surprise.

“Is that a problem?”

“Of course it is! I already have friends! I don’t need somepony to teach me friendship. I know what friendship is and I’m pretty sure I know how to be a good friend. And let me tell you something, replacing your old friends with new ponies makes you a terrible friend,” Myth said. Her mother looked at her.

“Honey, I know your a good friend, but the only friends you did have in Manehattan were Violet and Ace. This school will teach you to expand your friend group. Making other friends doesn’t mean you’re replac-” Jewel tried to explain before being cut off by Myth.

“They were my only friends because they were all I need. I’m not breaking the promise to Violet!” Myth stubbornly said. Her mother sighed and shook her head. Maybe Myth will learn what she was trying to say in the friendship school.

“Look, I’m sorry we chose the school without asking you, but no matter what you say you’re going to go to that school. It’s too late to back out,” Jewel stated. In response, Myth just groaned and turned away from her mom. Jewel looked at her for a couple of seconds before placing a hoof on Myth’s shoulder. “Come on, looking at the bright side is your thing. I’m sure you’ll find something you like there.” Myth turned back to look at her mom.

“You really think so?”

“I know so,” Jewel said with determination. With that Myth hugged her mom tightly.

“Arriving at Ponyville!” The train pony announced. The mother and daughter broke apart and grabbed their stuff. The train slowly came to a stop as they got out of their seats and went towards the doors. Once the doors opened, the pair walked out and saw a male pegasus just a few feet away. He looked a lot like Myth. The pony had a yellow coat that was only slightly darker. His neatly combed mane were different shades of blue and he had grey fetlocks and dark red eyes. He had a green book as his cutie mark and wore blue glasses that matched his blue tie that was tied around his neck. His look was finished with a light green suit. Jewel was near tears and Myth couldn’t stop smiling.

“Vel,” The stallion whispered softly, “welcome home.” Jewel couldn’t help herself and ran up to her husband.

“Wild Tale. You have no idea how much I missed you,” Jewel greeted. She hugged Wild with tears of joy streaming down her face. He chuckled and hugged her back. After a minute or two, Myth not so subtly coughed into her hoof. It caught the attention of the couple and they separated. Jewel wiped her tears away. Wild and Jewel looked at their daughter with a loving smile.

“How are you doing my little sunshine?” Wild asked. Myth stretched out her wings and flew right up to her dad to give him a big hug.

“I’ve been doing great! I can’t believe I actually missed you calling me that,” Myth said happily before letting go of her dad.

“Well, I’m glad you’re doing well. I hope no one is causing you any trouble back in Manehattan?” Myth rolled her eyes and placed a hoof to her chest.

“Please, even if there were trouble I would take care of it, no problem,” Myth bragged. Jewel giggled while Wild nodded in approval.

“That’s my girl! Remember what I always say.” Wild and Myth looked at each other right in the eyes before saying their motto in unison.

“If anypony messes with you, punch them in the nose!”

“I never liked that motto,” Jewel commented with a small smile as she shook her head at their antics. Wild turned to face her.

“What! Why? It’s good advice!” Jewel raised her eyebrow making both Myth and Wild look away nervously. Myth let out a weak laugh and tried to change the subject.

“Look at the time! It’s past lunch and I’m starving,” Myth said as she faced her dad, “Daddy must know where to eat the best food!”

“Wha? Uh, yeah. Yeah! There’s this bake shop that has amazing cakes! We can go there to celebrate,” Wild stuttered. Jewel thought about it and smiled.

“That sounds good, but first we need to put our stuff in the house.”

“How about this. I take the luggage to the house while you go enjoy some food,” Wild proposed. Jewel was going to say no, but she was interrupted by Myth.

“If it means I don’t have to carry anything then I agree with this one hundred percent!” Myth looked up at her mother with pleading eyes. Jewel looked back at her. She was still unsure.

“Vel, don’t worry. Just eat some cake. I’ll meet up with you there. I don’t want you to spoil the surprise at home after all,” Wild said with a smirk. Jewel studied Wild for a few seconds before smirking back.

“It better be a good surprise Wild,” Jewel said before walking past him and Myth.

“Mama can get scary. You better have a good surprise,” Myth whispered to him. Wild looked at her and pretended to be offended.

“Ouch! Have a little faith in me would ya sunshine?”

“Let’s go Myth, weren’t you hungry?” Jewel called. Myth nodded and ran towards her mother leaving Wild with the luggage. He looked at his family walk father and father away before realizing that he forgot to tell them where the bakery was.

“It’s called Sugarcube Corner!” Wild yelled, “It looks like it has a candy roof. You can’t miss it!” The girls thanked him and continued walking. They passed by many buildings, but couldn’t seem to find Sugarcube Corner. Jewel suddenly stopped, causing Myth to bump into her. She let out an ‘ow’ and rubbed her head with her hoof.

“Why’d you stop? Did you find it?” Myth asked. Her mother didn’t respond however making Myth roll her eyes. Jewel never seemed to hear her the first time. Myth repeated her question. Unfortunately, Jewel stayed silent which started to worry Myth. “Uh, mama? You okay?” Myth went in front of her mom and waved her hoof in her face, but her mother didn’t react at all. Jewel had her eyes and mouth wide open in shock. Confused, Myth followed her mother’s gaze and spotted what she thought she was looking at. It was Princess Twilight’s castle in the distance with the school next to it. “Woah. It looks really pretty. How did I not see that before?” Myth asked herself. She turned to face her shocked mother. This had happened before when she was little, but she forgot how to snap her mother out of it. She spotted a nearby cloud and smiled. “This might work,” she thought. Myth took off into the sky, grabbed the cloud and placed it over her mother. She got on the cloud and started hopping causing a little rain to come out of the cloud and onto Jewel.

“Ah! What the? Myth?” Jewel question. She wasn’t soaked but you can tell that her mane and coat was wet.

“Sorry. It was the only way to get you to snap out of it.” Jewel sighed and shook the water out of her fur.

“It’s...It’s fine. Did you see the-”

“Yeah, yeah. I saw the castle and school. It actually looks pretty cool. I was shocked too.” Myth interrupted.

“No, not that! Did you see them?”

“Them?” Myth questioned, raising her eyebrow.

“I’ll take that as a no. I think it was a changeling, hippogriff, griffin, yak, and dragon hanging out with a pony,” Jewel explained.

“What? Isn’t this place called PONYville? Why would those creatures even be here? Are you sure you didn’t imagine it?” Myth said in disbelief. Jewel looked back at the school where she saw the group. She put a hoof to her chin.

“I’m pretty sure I did, but then again, I’ve only heard about them. I’ve never actually seen those creatures before. If you didn’t see them then maybe I’m just losing my mind!” Jewel concluded.

“You’re not losing your mind mama. I’m really oblivious to my surroundings, so maybe you did see them. Besides, if they were here, I won’t really care as long as they don’t mean any harm,” Myth said. Her mother smiled at her.

“Yeah, you’re right. Let’s go find this bakery.” They continued to walk down the streets, but as time went by, they started to worry they might never find it. Suddenly, they heard a big boom and saw smoke a few building away. “Oh my goodness! What was that?” Jewel yelped.

“Oh don’t worry. That happens all the time,” an unfamiliar voice chimed. They turned to see a mare who was heading towards them. “That’s just Pinkie Pie and her party canon. It blows up sometimes, but no one gets hurt.”

“Pinkie Pie?” Myth asked, “where have I heard that name before?” The pony started laughing and Myth got confused. Was she laughing at her? The pony seemed to take notice of the look on Myth’s face and stopped laughing.

“Oh. You’re serious. Sorry, but you really don’t know who she it?” Myth shook her head and looked at her mom for help, but she was at a lost too. “She’s the element of laughter! She helped defeat the Storm King!” That rang a bell in their minds. Myth face hoofed at her own ignorance.

“I can’t believe we forgot about that.”

“Me neither,” the pony said, “My name is Bon Bon by the way.”

“Nice to meet you. I’m Velvet Jewel and this is my daughter Mythical Gold,” Jewel introduced while Myth waved at Bon Bon.

“You’re new here correct?” Bon Bon asked. Jewel and Myth nodded in unison.

“We’re trying to find Sugarcube Corner,” Jewel said, “Do you know where it is?”

“Yup! It’s the place where you heard the boom. Just follow the smoke.”

“Wow thanks!” Myth gratefully said.

“It’s nothing. I hope you like Ponyville.” With that, they said their goodbyes and parted ways. Bon Bon went towards a green unicorn while Jewel and Myth went towards Sugarcube Corner. It didn’t take long for them to find the bakery. Myth smelled the sweet desserts and darted towards the entrance, leaving her mother behind. She opened the doors and closed her eyes as she sniffed the air. She didn’t realize she was walking forwards until she accidentally bumped into somepony, causing them to fall down.

“Oh my Celestia! I’m so sorry,” Myth apologized. She quickly went to their aid and helped them up.

“It’s okay,” the pony reassured in a country accent. Myth noticed that she was an earth pony with a red mane that had a bow attached to it. Her cutie mark looked like a badge of some sort and looked a little younger than Myth. “I’ve never seen ya around before. Are ya new here?”

“Yeah, I uh, I actually just got here,” Myth stuttered.

“Cool! Nice to meet ya, I’m Apple Bloom!”

“Mythical Gold,” Myth replied. She was never good with introductions. She didn’t show it, but Myth was feeling a bit nervous. Usually, she had somepony else she felt comfortable with like Violet or her mom nearby to calm her nerves. “Just act natural,” Myth told herself, “It’s only one pony. As long as it’s just you and her you can handle a conversation.”

“So what made ya come to Ponyville?” The innocent question got Myth out of her thoughts.

“Hmm? Oh! Me and my mama moved here to be with my dad,” Myth replied. The answer made Apple Bloom deflate a bit. It wasn’t noticeable, but Myth sensed it. Did she say something wrong? It obviously made her sadder, but why? Myth took a tiny step closer. “Are you okay?”

“Huh? Yeah, I’m fine. Why?” Apple Bloom said. She looked confused by the sudden question. Myth opened her mouth to reply only to close it and shake her head.

“Never mind. So why are you here at Sugarcube Corner?” Myth asked. Apple Bloom smiled and was just about to answer when the door opened to reveal Jewel and two other ponies who looked to be Apple Blooms age. One was a white unicorn with a curly pink and purple mane while the other was a orange pegasus with a magenta mane.

“Apple Bloom! Guess what! We bumped into a new pony who just moved in! She also said she brought her daught-“ The pegasus said before stopping herself when she spotted Myth who shyly waved at them. So much for keeping the conversation with just her and Apple Bloom.

Author's Note:

So I gave mom a name. I thought it was weird just calling her Myth’s mom. I hoped you liked this new chapter.

Comments ( 3 )

Make new friends but keep the old

What's it a cutie mark of?

Login or register to comment