• Published 5th Sep 2018
  • 1,304 Views, 12 Comments

A Sharp Pain - FandorkOfEverything



Gallus loves his sister and his friends, but he misses his childhood best friend. He may get the chance to see him, but his health may be at risk.

  • ...
1
 12
 1,304

Sincerely, Gallus

/Gallus' P.O.V/

It's been about an hour since I came home from the hospital, and I've been laying on my bed in self-pity ever since. Avery, who had walked me to my room along with Headmare Twilight said she'd be right back, but that was well over an hour ago. She either got lost, kidnapped, or died.

I really hope she didn't. that'd be hard to explain to Headmare Twilight. Especially since she's her daughter.

A knock on my door interrupted my thoughts and the door opened. I was welcomed with Sandbar, Yona, Ocellus, Smolder, Silverstream, Avery, Starglow Flame, and Viola; all equipped with sleeping bags, blankets and pillows.

"What are you doing?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Since you're laid up, we're staying with you!" Avery exclaimed, smiling.

"All of you?" I asked, looking at Silverstream.

"Abso-posti-lootly!" Silverstream smiled and sat by me. Flame joined me on the right, Starglow and Avery somehow managed to fit in one chair, and everyone else made camp on the floor.

"Do I get a say in this?" I asked, looking to Avery who smiled mischievously.

"Absolutely not!" She exclaimed, happily.

"Okay, fine. Make yourself at home." I rolled my eyes, but I smiled anyways. Silverstream's here at least. Did I just think that?! Shut up brain! You don't know what you're saying!

"So, a point needs to be made;" Starglow commented, making eye contact with everyone in my room. "There should be no secrets between any of us from now on."

"Agreed." Silverstream nodded.

"I second that." Ocellus agreed and Starglow let out a slight smile.

"Good. So, why don't we tell each other something that you're hiding or something that's been bothering you?"

"What is this, a support group?" Smolder asked, causing a chuckle from Avery.

"Pretty much, yeah." She commented, but then turned slightly stern. "But, I think it would be good for us. C'mon, it might be fun!" I looked around, Flame looked confused and I mentally slapped myself.

"We're going to take turns telling each other something we're hiding, so there's no secrets between us." I signed to him and he nodded in understanding.

"I'll do it." He signed back and I smiled.

"Flame's in." I told the group, Starglow smiled.

"Great! Are there any objections?" She asked, nobody had any. "Okay, so let's do youngest to oldest. That's Viola, Avery, Gallus, Flame, Silverstream, Smolder, Sandbar, Ocellus, Yona and then me. Did I do that right?" Starglow asked and I nodded.

"Alright, Vi. Do you have any secrets or something you're hiding?" I asked Viola, looking at her.

"Ookay…. I'll go." Viola closed her deep-amber eyes for a moment, before looking at me in the eyes. "I'm afraid that I'll let you down." Her comment took me by surprise. She's afraid that she'll let me down? How is that even possible? She's all kinds of smart! "I'm afraid that… If I fail, I'll be abandoned again." At that comment, my heart dropped. My sweet little sister, who has the biggest heart I've ever seen, is afraid of being left. Again. I put my wing around her and pulled her closer to me.

"Vi, I won't ever leave you. And I'll never be disappointed in you. You know if you ever need or want something, the answer will always be yes." Her deep-amber eyes looked up at me in admiration. "Except boys! Then the answer will always be no!"

"Gallus!" she giggled in response.

"Always!" I teased her, causing her to giggle even more.

"Okay, my turn." Avery smiled at Viola and sighed, closing her eyes. "I feel pressured that I should call Twilight 'Mom' and Starglow my 'sister.' It's nothing personally against you or Twilight," She looks to Starglow, with slight tears in her brown-amber eyes. "It just feels weird…..." She cleared her throat and had allowed tears to fall down her face.

"When I was nine... There was this lightning storm. I was raised in Manehattan. And it's very crowded there, but the lightning bolt hit my house. And it lit. My house caught on fire and it burned to the ground. I was stuck in the ground cellar, unable to get out. I wait for three days. To die, because I didn't know what was going to happen. When had finally got out, by some unknown miracle, I saw my Mother, my Father and my baby brother... Dead. They were gone and I could've done something to stop it. But I didn't. They're dead because of me. That's why I don't allow myself to get close to anyone. It hurts too much…." Tears were streaming down her face at this point, I exchanged looked with Silverstream, not knowing what to do.

Luckily, Starglow got up and wrapped her hooves around the little unicorn.

"We're here for you, Ave. rather you call Twilight your Mom tomorrow, or twenty years from now, we'll always be here for you." Avery smiled at Starglow's kind words and snuggled into her aqua and white mane. "You good?" Avery nodded in approval and wiped her tears from her eyes.

"I'm fine. So long as I have you." I smiled at the two sisters, knowing what Starglow feels to have to protect someone no matter what the costs are.

"Gallus? Anything you wanna share?" Ocellus questioned and I sighed, letting out a deep breath. Here it goes…

"Okay….. I'm… Dyslexic." I said slowly, and more than half the room looked surprised, save for Viola, Flame, Avery and Smolder.

"Really!?" Sandbar asked, genuinely surprised. "I just thought you hated learning."

"Yeah, I kinda knew." Avery told us, smirking. "I'm an author and an editor. I help Twilight grade papers. I think I can spot Dyslexia when I see it." I gave her an odd look, but let it pass.

"So, Griffon gets words mixed up?" Yona asked and I nodded.

"Pretty much. Not just words, numbers too. I hate it, but it's part of who I am." I explained and she nodded in understanding. "And I always hated for anyone to know about it, but…. I guess it's okay if you guys do."

"This secret, will not leave this room." Starglow confirmed it and everyone agreed.

When it was Flame's turn, I translated for him.

"I'm afraid that creatures think I'm stupid because I'm deaf." When he signed that, I had to process that for a minute before repeating what he said.

"Whhaaaat?! No way! You're crazy smart! You saved Gallus' life! We owe you big time! Plus, you're the one who called that it was his appendix! Not just anyone could do that!" Silverstream exclaimed and I translated.

"I know, I just can't help but feel like I'm useless sometimes." I slapped the back of his head with my wing when he said that, and he rubbed it in slight pain.

"Shush! You're not stupid! Get that through your thick-skull now before I sick Viola on you!"

"Okay! Okay! I'll behave! I'll behave!"

"Thought so."

"What just happened?" Sandbar asked and I smirked.

"Best friend conversation, I'll explain it when you're older." I told him and he sighed, rolling his eyes, but smiled anyways.

Silverstream told us that she was afraid of being trapped by The Storm King again. That she'll never be able to be free because of him. We comforted her, telling her that he'll never get to her so long as we're here….. Though I wanted to say me.

Smolder told us, against her better judgement, that she likes cute stuff. Which resulted in a fit of giggles from Avery, and an annoying glance from Smolder. But, eventually, we all burst into fits of laughter.

"Okay, Sandbar. Your turn" Smolder chuckled as we got over our fits of laughter.

Sandbar sighed and closed his eyes, then opening them again. "Okay, so about a month ago; my parents told me that they were getting divorced. My Dad had remained here with my baby sister, Ivory, and my Mom moved to Manehattan, claiming she wanted no part of his life…. Or me. the divorce was finalized last week. And the other day, I met his new girlfriend." Everyone had shared a solemn look for Sandbar, but none of us were expecting that outcome. A new girlfriend? Only a week after the divorce was finalized?! "And this wasn't the first I've heard Sapphire's name; I've heard her name since before Ivory was even born." I a few of us gasped at that.

"You don't think that he—"

"Cheated?" Sandbar interrupted me, shaking his head. "I don't know. He won't discuss it with me. 'You're a child Sandbar. It's not your business. Why don't you do something good for this family? Bleh, bleh, bleh, bleh, bleh!'" Sandbar rolled his eyes in annoyance. "Honestly, I'm really sick of it. If I hadn't come to this school, and met all of you, I don't know where I'd be."

All of us exchanged smiles after his confession. And all of us hugged Sandbar until we decided enough was enough.

Ocellus confessed that she was afraid of Chrysalis coming back and taking over the changelings again. Either giving her no choice but to run and hide, or she'll have no choice but to obey. That called for another group hug, which we were happy to do.

Yona confessed that she never had friends before, and she didn't want to leave us or vise-versa. I noticed Sandbar smile at that, and I did a slight smirk.

Finally, it was Starglow's turn. She was very reluctant to do so. None of us really knew about her past, but she was surprisingly open about it. If this hadn't come up, we' probably wouldn't know.

"I have trust issues because I was abused by my mom... It was really bad. That's why I can't fly, my wings didn't grow right. They grew crooked. I know I'll never be able to fly, but that's part of the problem. Rainbow Dash's tried, Fluttershy's tried and my Mom's tried. I know I won't be able to fly... Because of the pony who gave birth to me... We know it's not wing shape. We've tried flying in every shape and form. Rainbow Dash even brought down Spitfire, who knows about all wings; changeling, dragon, pony, griffin, hippogriffs. And she was lost at what to do. I'll never be able to fly... Because of a monster..." Tears were falling down her face and Avery hugged her, tears in her eyes as well. Starglow gave a small smile. "This is just like a support group!" She exclaimed, causing a light chuckle between us.

"Hey, you never know. You could fly one day. Medical research is changing all the time! You never know what could happen!" Ocellus tried to shed light on the situation and Starglow cracked a smile.

"Thank you…. All of you. I don't know what I'd do without you guys." She wiped her tears away.

"Probably die." Avery stated, causing the group to laugh again.

I smiled at the group that I get to call my friends. Flame and Viola were the only ones there for me back then. Then we added seven more to the equation. And I'm glad we did. This School Of Friendship is perfect! And it will remain that way.




Well, that was until Gavin came into the picture.

Author's Note:

And done! That's the story! The next one will be a set-up on that last line, I'm not going to say anything except that Twilight invites more students to The School Of Friendship, and a few aren't happy about one of the choices. Well, until next time! Fandork, out!

Comments ( 1 )

Who the heck is Gavin?! :twilightoops:

Login or register to comment