• Published 5th Sep 2018
  • 1,300 Views, 12 Comments

A Sharp Pain - FandorkOfEverything



Gallus loves his sister and his friends, but he misses his childhood best friend. He may get the chance to see him, but his health may be at risk.

  • ...
1
 12
 1,300

Things Are Crazy Right Now

//Gallus’ P.O.V//



Dear Gallus,


That sounds like so much fun! I’ll be glad to visit! I’ve been really lonely since you and Viola left for Ponyville, I haven’t had another to talk- or sign- to. You know how it is, we’re treated as outcasts, the red feathers aren’t a big help either. But, it is what it is. Anyways, I’ll be there! I’ll leave on Wednesday and find a hotel up there and come to the Friendship School Thursday morning. I’ll see you then! Excited to see you!

Sincerely, Flame

I reread the letter that Flame sent me again. He leaves in two days, Viola thinks I’m not excited to see him, but really, I’m ecstatic! I just hide it differently than she does. She has a lot of energy and expresses it all at once. Yeah, I don’t do that.


“I have my big test today do you think I’ll do alright?” Viola asked me and I wrapped my wing around her. Viola has a habit to freak out over tests and quizzes. Even though I know she’s the smartest in the room. She doesn’t think so though, Sandbar told me what she said, that she wanted to prove how smart she was. Viola is crazy smart! She just doesn’t know it yet.

“Vi, you’re crazy smart. You know this stuff. You’ll be fine.” I told her and she smiled, believing me.

“Where are you going?” She asked and I sighed, folding my wings.

“Gym.” I told her and she giggled.

“Have fun.”

“Yep.” I went outside where Gym class was held for that day, Professor Rainbow Dash was teaching the class today. I had the class with Sandbar, Silverstream, Smolder, a few others.

“Alright everyone! We’re doing laps. Ten minutes. Flyers, I want you to run. Get moving!” Professor Rainbow Dash ordered and we started running. Sandbar and I took the front at first, but we were shortly joined by Smolder, who had no trouble catching up to us.

“You keeping up with us Sandy?” Smolder joked, earning a half-laugh from the earth pony.

“You could say that!” He exclaimed, trying to catch his breath. Smolder and Silverstream then passed us, and Sandbar and I exchanged a look.

“You wanna smoke ‘em?” I asked and he nodded, getting his second wind and speeding up as I did the same.

“Let’s do this!” He exclaimed as I matched speed with him, easily keeping up with him. Griffons are made for speed, so it was no problem. We sped up even more, passing Yona. Then we passed Silverstream. At that point, Sandbar gave out but motioned for me to go on, which I gladly did.


“Can’t keep up Griffon?” Smolder teased, sticking her tongue out at me, mockingly. I growled slightly and ran faster, but not keeping up with her yet. Then, the same pain in my side happened again. I unsheathed my claws slightly, but not enough to be visible. Eventually, the pain became to unbearable and I stopped. Smolder crossed the finish line and look back at me, laughing in victory. At that moment, my vision blurred and her voice became distant. And then, everything went black.

Author's Note:

Really short, I know, but that's the point for this chapter. Next one will be longer! :ajsmug: