• Published 1st Sep 2018
  • 673 Views, 1 Comments

Equines and Sparks - M1903DonuT



What happens when Ponies get to know boarderline insane giant alien robots?

  • ...
 1
 673

Falling Stars

As many times before, the day began with Princess Celestia's raising of the sun. The birds chirped, the various beasts of the wild ambled about, devouring far fewer ponies than usual. Fluttershy had spent all night caring for a blue jay who had become addicted to pine cone liquor. She wondered if they had a rehab for animals. Most other ponies were just getting up. Pinkie Pie rose her head from a large bowl of cookie dough, coughed, and rubbed her eyelids. She seemed happy, yet tired. She had baked the entire night through, and had planned to re-shingle her roof with sugar cookies. Rainbow Dash was snoozing as usual, completely oblivious to the rising sun. Applejack was one of the others who had gotten up earlier, to tend the fields, and to haul her older brother out of the local brothel. He had lately started visiting mares of the night, as Sugar Belle had recently confided to him that she was born with a set of stallion genitals. This was the breaking point for the red workhorse, and he could not continue waiting for something that would never occur. Rarity rose from her feather bed, stretching her two forelegs, and smiled, her purple locks bouncing in the morning sunlight. Finally, the princess of friendship, her marejesty Twilight Sparkle, who had spent the entire night reading about the history of Las Pegasus trade regulations, decided to treat herself with a good extra half an hour of shuteye. However, this plan was cut short, as her cutie mark suddenly, as it had many times before, began to blink and shine.


Twilight, alarmed, and instantly refilled with energy by the alarming occurrence, raced to the map room, to find the source of the friendship problem. However, wherever she searched, she found nothing. Neither Ponyville, nor Manehatten, not the Crystal Empire, nay to Las Pegasus, and not even in Yakyakistan. She looked over the entire map. Not a single place, whether known to her or not, displayed her, or any other cutie mark. At that moment, her friends burst into the room. Well, the Mane Six did, Spike and Joseph Sta – I mean Starlight Glimmer, who had been awakened by the racket, ambled inside, interested what could have happened.

“Goodness gracious, what could have happened this early in the morning to alert all of us? It better be urgent, I didn't even get the chance to do my morning routine!” Rarity complained, who seemed while concerned, also incredibly annoyed.

“Ahm sure that it's important enough, if it called for all'f our help”, The Element of Honesty replied, pointing to everyponies glowing flanks, “So, sugar-cube, where are we to travel?” She continued, turning to the grape-colored miniature equine. Pinkie jumped at the table, trailing her gaze over the map, aided by her detective hat and her magnifying glass.

“That's just the problem, Applejack, I have absolutely no idea.” Twilight answered.

“Maybe the problem in underground, and we have to dig a hole into the table?” Pinkie chimed in, readying a pickax and helmet, which she had gotten from Celestia knows where.

“Maybe the creatures are moving so fast that we can't see the cutie marks.” Rainbow Dash suggested, as Twilight used her magic to take the mining gear from Pinkie. “Maybe we just need to look harder.”

And that is just what they did.



The six friends spent the better part of an hour looking for the magical symbols, Twilight dividing the map into a grid for a more efficient search. Suddenly, after Twilight had double checked the final square of the final row of the final column, Fluttershy, who had been distracted by a Dragonfly she had found in the roots of the tree covering the center of the ceiling, let out a squeak of shock.

“Girls, GIRLS!!! … Umm, I mean, I might have found where we need to go.” The rest of the main six turned their eyes to Butter Horse, following the direction that she pointed her hoof towards.

It wasn't on the map, but a couple of feet above it, and as Twilight looked closer at the cluster of cutie marks, she noticed that it was slowly coming closer, and coming straight for the Everfree Forest.



Earlier, about fifteen minutes earlier, In a completely place, hell, in a completely different galaxy, things were going decently aboard the Lost Light, a spaceship embarked on a quest to find gigantic robot lifeforms. Swerve, the ship's bartender was serving a Pint of an Energon based spirit to the ship's newest member, Megatron. While Megatron had, after the death of Shockwave, declared himself as a member of the Autobot cause, his shiny new red badge meant little to most of the ship's crew. They understood that while his original goals, those taken up over four million years ago, may had been noble at one point, however that did not dispel the fact that he had done many atrocious things during that time period. While the Autobots did not disobey their new co-captain's new orders, many of them still gave him the glance of those touched by his former lack of empathy for any lifeforms disloyal to him. Scrap, even Rodimus, formerly Hot Rod, but still hot headed, the ships captain, didn't trust him, and neither did Ultra Magnus, former Tyrest enforcer, goodie goodie and rule fetishist. Megatron decided to do something that he hadn't done in millions of years, namely drown his sorrows in intoxicants.

“Hey Megs,” Swerve asked the former genocidal despot.

“Don't ever call me that.” Megatron interrupted, staring at his glass.

“Fine, oh great and powerful Megatron, you need to lay off the engex.” Sweve replied, rolling his optics.

“Don't tell me what to do.” The gray “Autobot” mumbled.

Megatron stood up, clearly drunk after his fiftieth pint of triple-filtered engex.

“You know what's crazy? I have a slaggin' Dimensional portal inside my chest, why the hell do we never use it to go anywhere?”

“Hey, co-captain, you really need to pipe it the frag down.” Cyclonus, another passenger, older than everybody on the ship combined, shouted, his close friend Tailgate clearly scared by Megatron's antics.

“Make me, you horned cretin!”

As Cyclonus lunged at Megatron, about to knock his joints loose, Megatron slammed his fist against his chest, activating it's space-warping mechanisms.

With a flash, a bang and a loud and two high-pitched screams from Nautica and Rewind, The Lost Light found itself in the orbit of an organic planet, which would not be a problem, if the engines were functioning. For two days, however, they had been busted, and were being worked on by Perceptor and Brainstorm. If they had been functioning, maybe the massive space ship wouldn't be hurtling towards a very rough landing, in what seemed, to be a forest.

Comments ( 1 )

This seems like a interesting idea I hope one day you continue

Login or register to comment