• Published 18th Jun 2019
  • 471 Views, 3 Comments

Music In Us - Ballisticzebra



A mysterious person comes to CHS to get into the mane seven and bring back old enemies of the seven. Putting them all in danger.

  • ...
 3
 471

Chapter 2

“Rarity, come on! If you don’t get out of there soon we are gonna be late!” Rainbow said, outside of Pinkie’s bathroom where Rarity was changing.

“Oh, please! We can not possibly be late. After all we are right next to sugarcube corner. It is only a 30 second walk.” Rarity replied putting on some makeup.

“Yeah, but it’s 5 minutes to 6 already, and we still have to set up the equipment.”

“What!? Why didn’t you tell me darling?!?!?” Rarity swung open the door immediately, slamming Rainbow into the wall with it. She ran out of the room, almost trampling the rest of the group as she started to rush down the stairs.

“At least she came out,” Fluttershy said from the back of them.

“Well did she have to assault me with a door while doing it? This door doesn’t even open this way…” Rainbow Dash groaned, still behind the door.

“Come on everyone, we don’t want to be late now do we?” Twilight said while following Rarity.

“Don’t worry, I’m coming hun.”

“Yeah, yeah, I hear ya. You could have at least helped me from behind the door.”

“Coming.”

“Yay! It is FINALLY TIME?!??!?!?!”

“Calm down Pinkie, we don’t want a repeat of what happened with the cookie sale for our fundraiser.”

“Sorry Sunset…”

After finally getting Rarity out of Pinkie’s house they walked over to Sugarcube corner. It turns out the other band hadn’t arrived yet either so the show was postponed for a little bit, which meant that cupcakes weren’t being thrown like some person thought or asleep like another did. Since it was postponed until the other band arrived the girls used the time to set up their equipment.

“Thank goodness that the other band wasn’t here yet, otherwise there might have been a riot!” Twilight was saying while plugging in the speakers.

“I am sure that there wouldn’t have been, you know how friendly this town is. They most likely would have just been a little miffed, nothing to worry about,” Sunset assured her.

“Yeah, I guess you’re right, are we almost ready?” Sci-Twi asked.

“Just a few more speakers and we will be rocking!” Rainbow dash answered, strumming an air guitar. A few minutes later they started to hear a few grumbles about how it was 30 minutes past the initial start time.

“Ok, maybe we should, get out there before a riot insues,” Sunset rushed over to Mrs. Cake to tell them they were ready, “Alright guys, let’s do this!”

“Now everyone put your hands together for the Rainbooms!” Mrs Cake said introducing the group, stepping off the stage as the stepped on. “Three! Two! One!”


(I feel it stirrin' deep down inside my soul
The rhythm's taking hold, and it's about to roll

A million sparkles falling across the floor
So, Dj, give it more, it’s what we're looking for

Dance the night away
All our friends right by our side
It doesn’t matter what style you bring
We’re about to go on that ride! (hey)

It’s dance magic, once you have it
Let your body move, step into the music
It’s dance magic, and it’s electric
Let your body move to the music

Pinkie Pie

[rapping] Doesn't matter what style you got
Just keep dancin' on that spot
Your friends like you for who you are
Dance queen, on the scene, superstar!
Crystal Prep, you got the moves
Rainboom bringin' all the grooves
Put it together and make it fit
Crystal Rainbooms, dance magic
All

Dance the night away
All our friends right by our side
It doesn't matter what style you bring
We're about to go on that ride (Hey!)

It's dance magic, once you have it
Let your body move, step into the music

It's dance magic, and it's electric
Let your body move to the music

Crystal Rainbooms got a style that's all our own
Dancin' nonstop, body movin' in the zone
Bring whatever style you got
'Cause the party is goin' on

It's dance magic, and it's electric
Let your body move to the music)

When the song had finished everyone in the cafe stood up and gave the Rainbooms a standing ovation for their performance. Fluttershy quickly bowed and hurried off the stage while the others for the most part just bowed, with the exception of Rainbow. Who stayed and tried to get the crowd’s applause louder and louder until Applejack had to come up and basically drag her to the back stage.

“That. Was. Awesome!” Rainbow yelled when they got to the back and away from the applause.

“I would say that was pretty awesome, wouldn’t you agree girls?” Twilight asked.

“Spectacular! The one thing that would have made it better would have been for us all to wear those costumes I made!” Rarity squealed while the rest of them just groaned and sighed.

“Well, since the next band is coming on we should get out there so we can cheer them on,” Applejack said, hearing music start in the cafe.

The friends all agreed and they went to sit down after setting down their instruments. They made it just as Mrs. Cake was announcing the next band.

“And now put your hands together, and clap for our next band of the Opposite gender, Stampede!” The band then proceeded to walk on the stage, and it was indeed made up of the opposite gender with it being made up of 3 boys.

“Pff, probably a rock band that thinks girls are gross and wek,” Rainbow said as they started playing Classic by MKTO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ba_qTPA4Ds

There was a few seconds of stunned silence before the whole Restaurant exploded with cheers and applause. Even the Rainbooms were left shocked, especially Rainbow.

"Who was that? I mean, not that I am impressed or anything, since we were so much better!" Rainbow tried to assure herself.

"Rainbow, they said who they were, weren't you listening! They are called Stampede!" Applejack told her.

"Huh, stupid name too." And with that Rainbow left to backstage, with the confused group following after her.

Author's Note:

Thank you for reading this chapter! And if you have any questions or criticisms then please ask me in the Comments section or DM me until. I will try and answer every question until I post the next chapter, to which I won't answer any on this chapter as regularly. Au Revoir!

-Ballisticzebra

Comments ( 1 )

enjoyed it!
You should write more

Login or register to comment