• Published 31st Jul 2018
  • 1,629 Views, 46 Comments

Two Side - MLPOCLucC



Chrysalis has lost her hive but what happens when a fellow villian shows up and shows her that she's always needed something.... Companionship

  • ...
7
 46
 1,629

8

Author's Note:

I'm sorry I was late I just started high school yesterday :twilightsheepish:

'Summer Grass' grumbled as she sat next to 'Night Tide' on the train. It was 3 days until they would be in Canterlot due to stops and distance. 3 days in disguise with almost infinite love. Chrysalis sighed catching Nightmare's attention. They sat together in silence unwilling to talk.

After a few minutes, the train car door opened and a familiar lavender alicorn walked in followed by a baby dragon. "Oh! Hello. I didn't expect to see you here" She greeted them with a smile.

The two friends smiled at their acquaintance as the train began to move.

"So you're going to Canterlot as well?"

Chrysalis nodded "Night... wants to see a friend there"

Twilight smiled "I'm going to see my old mentor and marefriend. They summoned me for some reason, and trust me that doesn't happen often" She said with a small giggle. The dragon huffed drawing their attention.

"This is Spike. My assistant and brother"

"Hello Spike"

"Hello Spike the dragon"

Chrysalis raised an eyebrow "Why'd you add the dragon?"

Nightmare grabbed the baby dragon in her magic and began to scratch his stomach gaining a low growl in approval "Because any dragon deserves respect. Where I'm from dragons are brave and powerful beings no matter how big or small"

Spike glowed with pride as she praised his species. He never agreed with their behavior but the compliment made him beam with confidence.

Nightmare looked out of the window as the train moved unconsciously stroking the dragon from head to tail. The machine was somewhat new to her. When she'd last seen a train it was a blueprint and had never been created. She then looked down as the quick moments made her dizzy. The purple dragon was peacefully sleeping curled up beside her.

"If I remember correctly, you are Princess Celestia's prized pupil." Chrysalis said with a smile. She'd never expected to get along so well with somepony who had a hand in her hive's destruction. She was both vengeful and grateful. Suddenly, she felt guilty for yelling at Nightmare that night.

"I was until I became a princess. Now we are co-workers, I guess" She explained.

Nightmare nodded silently "So can you tell me about Princess Cadance since I heard you are her sister in law"

"Oh Cadance. She was my foalsitter as a filly. She's the Princess of Love and she's Princess Celestia's adoptive niece. She can see relationships between ponies just by looking at them or make ponies fall in love just by using her magic" Twilight explained.

Nightmare raised an eyebrow "That seems like a power that can easily be abused"

Twilight shook her head "She learned from when she was a filly and made two siblings fall in love with each other. She got in trouble."

Chrysalis couldn't help but giggle "She made two siblings. Go at it" She burst out in a fit of laughter.

Nightmare rolled her eyes "You are immature, she just said fall in love and your mind instantly becomes dirty"

Chrysalis stuck her tongue out at Nightmare "At least I'm proud of it"

Twilight giggled at the two mares. She silently wished she could have a relationship like that with Luna.

Nightmare watched as the two mares began another conversation. Her mind plagued with thoughts of Chrysalis. Her smile no matter how faint it is, it is still quite beautiful. Her adorable blush when she's embarrassed. And of course she didn't miss the way her chest throbs when Chrysalis wanders near her.

Nightmare's thoughts could go on and on about the mare. It was almost embarrassing sometimes. She was like a high school filly with a crush. Everything about Chrysalis was perfect. Even if she tends to push her limits.

Chrysalis looked to see Nightmare deep in her thoughts while humming an unfamiliar tune. It was quite bittersweet in melody, sad but also happy at some points.

"The song that she's humming is quite calming" Twilight whispered with a yawn. Chrysalis nodded slowly rocking back and forth to her gentle melody. Eventually, the two mares fell into a peaceful slumber as Nightmare finally finished her song.

The disguised alicorn kissed the changeling on her forehead and began looking outside again. The sun was lingering in the sky as pegasi pushed the clouds in place for the next storm. It was unnaturally peaceful.

'I guess the calm before the storm is actually a true occurrence' She thought bitterly to herself.

-----

A few hours later, the two mares awoke from their nap to see Nightmare curled up in her seat around Spike.

"Hey Twilight..."

"Huh?"

"What do you think of me and Night?"

The lavender alicorn raised an eyebrow but didn't argue "You're nice. I mean the way you put up with everypony especially Pinkie Pie is... I don't know how to describe it. Night is kind of mysterious with her personalities. One minute she can be sweet, open and respectful, but the next, she can be cold, dark, and terrifying. It just feels like she's hiding something inside herself."

Chrysalis nodded with a thoughtful look. Twilight watched her silently trying to find out what the mare was thinking. Chrysalis looked into her violet eyes and chuckled. Twilight tilted her head "What?"

"You can be quite adorable when you aren't trying to be"

"Luna said the same thing and my parents said I used it to my advantage as a foal. My foalhood was almost perfect in my opinion."

"My parents were quite strict with my foalhood. It was always about my future and my studies"

Twilight raised an eyebrow "That sounds like an amazing foalhood. Princess Celestia always wanted me to get out and find a friend. In my foalhood, I guess you could say books were my best friend"

"I wished I could've had more friends in my foalhood. My parents always chased them away or forced me to break it off. Any gifts that I got were burned and I would be punished"

Twilight's ears fell flat "That sounds terrible... I don't know what I would do if my parents told me to give up my friends."

"I could never argue with them because in my mind they were ones supplying me with what I need. Mostly shelter"

"I remember when I argued with my parents, I always got the 'I gave birth to you' card from my mom and my dad always complained that 'I was young' and didn't understand" A yellow pegasus stallion said joining them "I'm sorry but I just thought that you'd like an outsider's point of view"

Twilight shook her head with a smile "No need to apologize. What's your name?"

"Lemon Squeeze, Princess"

Twilight blushed "No need for titles"

"Summer Grass" Chrysalis intoduced herself.

"Pleasure to meet you two beautiful mares"

Twilight squirmed "So anyway. My parents never pulled any kind of card because I never argued unless it clearly contradicting a fact"

"So she was the goody two shoes." Lemon added making Chrysalis smirk.

Twilight blushed "I was not a goody two shoes. I was a rebel"

Chrysalis shook her head "If you need to state you're a rebel then you're not a rebel"

Lemon shook his head sitting next to Chrysalis.

"I bet the only reason you argued was because they said the chemical formula for water is HO2" Chrysalis stated snickering lightly to herself.

Twilight huffed and Lemon shook with laughter.

"You're funny..." He whispered laying a fore-leg around her shoulders. Chrysalis froze and slid away.

"I was a rebel when I was young. I used to jump off of Cloudsdale to learn to fly even though my teachers told me not to."

Twilight gaped "That's not being a rebel, that's borderline suicidal. Cloudsdale is more than 50 feet in the air!"

Chrysalis facehoofed... again.

Nightmare groaned waking up from all the commotion "What happened?"

Twilight looked to Nightmare "This stallion said he jumped off of Cloudsdale to learn to fly"

Nightmare yawned stretching "I thought all pegasi did that back in the day. Why is it such a big deal again?"

Twilight sighed "That was when Cloudsdale was close to the ground. These days Cloudsdale is more than 50 feet in air. 40 on a good day"

"Then call his bluff" Nightmare stated stretching

"I'm not bluffing" Lemon argued sliding closer to Chrysalis.

Nightmare watched the subtle movement closely. Twilight squirmed even more as the room filled with tension.

Chrysalis rolled her eyes as the tension grew so thick you could cut it with a butcher knife.

Nightmare felt her body tense from the obvious challenge. This lowly stallion thought he had what it took to touch what was hers. Her instincts urged her to trample him into the ground. Chrysalis was her mare.

Her mare...

'Our mare' a voice within her snarled.

Nightmare mentally shuddered at the thought of Chrysalis being hers and hers only.

"H-Hey let's go back to talking about Cloudsdale. I heard they have lovely weather" Twilight stuttered

Chrysalis raised an eyebrow "They don't have weather at all" She stated.

The two were ignored by the other two as they silently battled each other with their stares.

Lemon glared hard at the arrogant black unicorn that had the right to challenge him. A pegasus.

"I will kindly as you to back away from my mare" Nightmare growled looking down at the pegasus. Chrysalis shivered at Nightmare's tone when she said 'my mare'. It was deep and threatening.

The pegasus stood up and walked up to her "Make me."

'Kill him' The vengeful voice snapped with the disguised alicorn.

Nightmare's pupils slitted and began to glow temporarily as she threw the stallion of their cabin with her magic. She then slammed the door leaving the members of the other cabin dumbstruck at the unconscious pegasus. Twilight, herself, was shocked at how the unicorn handled the situation. She was normally so cool and collected.

Nightmare sat in her seat and calmly began reading a book.

"Night..."

"Hmmm?"

"Your mare..." Chrysalis said unable to keep the smirk from her face as Nightmare slowly turned red in the face.

"Shush..."

Twilight smiled at the exchange "I have never seen anypony be so possessive"

"He had it coming" Nightmare said sharply

Twilight nodded with an amused smile "I just thought you'd handle it differently"

Nightmare blew her mane out of her face and continued reading her book. Spike woke up groggily "What did I miss this time?" He questioned looking around at the mares amused smiles and Nightmare's stoic embarrassed face.