• Published 31st Jul 2018
  • 1,620 Views, 46 Comments

Two Side - MLPOCLucC



Chrysalis has lost her hive but what happens when a fellow villian shows up and shows her that she's always needed something.... Companionship

  • ...
7
 46
 1,620

10

Chrysalis woke up and saw that Nightmare was still sleeping soundly with her wing wrapped tightly around her. The changeling almost felt bad for waking the mare. Key word: Almost.

Chrysalis snuck close to the alicorn's ear with a mischievous smirk. The unsuspecting ear just twitched in reply attempting to pick up on her movements. Chrysalis held back her laughter as she curled her hooves up around the outside of her mouth and leaned in closer.

"WAKE UP NIGHTMARE!!!"

The alicorn screamed and fell out of the bed knocking over the nightstand. Chrysalis laughed at the alicorn's dumbstruck face as her chest rose and fell quickly.

"Ok, I couldn't help myself" Chrysalis snickered

"Don't make me get the rope, Chrysalis. It's too early in the day"

Chrysalis smirked "Kinky...But I'm only into it if your stamina can keep up with your words"

Nightmare just shot her a knowing smirk before rising off the floor.

"We're going out today aren't we?"

Nightmare nodded "Yes."

Chrysalis raised her eyebrow "So... Details?"

"Suprise"

Chrysalis pouted giving Nightmare a pair of puppy dog eyes.

"Cute but not enough to get me to spill, manipulative changeling" Nightmare stated walking out of the door.

Chrysalis just huffed following after her.

-----

A disguised Nightmare and Chrysalis sat in Donut Joe's.

"Is this-"

"Nope" Nightmare interupted nibbling her eclair. Chrysalis stared at her and took a bit out of her jelly filled donut. The sweet and lightly tangy fruit burst into her mouth making her close her eyes in appreciation.

"So..."

"Breakfast."

"Oh." Chrysalis never really thought about it considering that she didn't need it.

"Believe it or not. This place was around one thousand years ago."

Chrysalis licked the jelly from her face and stared at the unicorn as she reminisced.

After a satisfying meal, the two mares began walking back to their hotel when Nightmare was tackled by a little earth pony colt. The two let out surprised yelps.

"S-Sorry Miss" He whimpered stumbling on his hooves.

Nightmare pulled him up with her magic allowing him to get a steady grounding. "Be careful. Next time, you may not meet somepony so understanding"

The colt nodded with a smile and ran past her to two ponies, who Chrysalis assumed was his parents.

"You're pretty good with foals."

Nightmare nodded "It's a trait I get from Luna"

"I see..."

The two went silent enjoying the sunlight and the liveliness of the city.

"What was she like?"

Chrysalis tilted her head

"Your daughter..."

The changeling gave a soft smile "She was alway eager to learn about her dad and try to master the powers he gifted her. By the time she was two years old, she could make little black crystals to defend herself. A smart and sassy little thing that wanted to be a queen..."

Nightmare chuckled "Sounds like the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree."

Chrysalis rolled her eyes as they walked into the hotel lobby and up the stairs. Nightmare looked to her "Did you and Sombra talk about having a foal?"

"Sombra didn't really talk about anything besides sex and his 'crystal slaves" She mimicked his voice to prove a point. "He didn't even know I was with foal"

Nightmare's gaze turned sympathetic as Chrysalis crawled into the bed.

"Were you raped?"

Chrysalis' head snapped towards her "It isn't rape if you give consent"

"Did he take advantage of you?"

Chrysalis didn't say anything after that crawling under the blankets in shame.

Nightmare laid next to the lump in the blankets "When you said because of Queen Chrysalis, I had a daughter, You meant because of your alliance you were forced to be his toy"

Chrysalis shuffled under the blankets "He loved me... I didn't love him back... But he took advantage of my heat and gave me a foal I could not provide for" She explained in a calm voice.

Nightmare nodded silently "What did you do?"

"I told him that I didn't love him and that he could not provide for my hive any longer. I left him... Then he turned around and..." Chrysalis growled "He spread information that labeled Changelings as evil beings that fed off love and killed"

Nightmare sighed "You obviously didn't help that when you invaded Canterlot"

Chrysalis stiffened "Celestia started it... You don't know the full story"

"You sound like a foal... Be the bigger mare and use your words to explain" Nightmare growled allowing her anger to grow. She hated when ponies beated around the bush.

Chrysalis' face grew hot with anger "You don't understand! You won't understand!"

"What don't I understand. I can't help you if you don't tell me!!!" Nightmare growled.

"SHE KILLED MY DAUGHTER!!!" Chrysalis roared falling to the ground "She took my sweet little foal from me. Just because I didn't plan her, doesn't mean that I didn't love her..."

Nightmare's eyes soften at the sobbing changeling queen. Chrysalis held her chest as her throat filled with sobs that wouldn't escape.

(Flashback)

A little black changeling twirled around with her flower crown of daisies and a necklace of dandelions.

"Mommy! I've been practicing my crystals and I can make one" The foal scrunched up her face as she focused on the field. Chrysalis watched waiting for the momentous occasion "Ok..."

After a few seconds of concentration, a greenish black crystal shakily grew out of the ground "See... I told you, now you have to take me fighting with you." She sassed sticking out her tongue.

-----

Shadow looked up from her books at her fellow hive siblings as they parted for her mother. No, their mother.

Queen Chrysalis

The strongest pony in the world to her.

----

The memory faded into one of a frozen tundra.

Chrysalis could hear the thud as a spell hit her foal in the chest. Celestia's eyes were wide in horror as the foal fell into the icy revene.

"MOMMY"

Chrysalis rushed to save her foal but their hooves just grazed each other as the foal plummeted to her end.

"SHADOW!" Chrysalis screamed. The drone held her from falling in with devastated looks on their faces.

(End of Flashback)

Chrysalis nuzzled into Nightmare "She fell to her death at 3 years-old" She whispered in a hoarse voice slowing coming back to terms that her foal wasn't coming back.

Nightmare held her tighter "Chrysalis..."

The changeling looked up at her with dark depressed eyes "You don't know true sadness until you see your foal just... disappear before your eyes and you can't do anything,"

Nightmare hated seeing her like this. So she took a page from the changeling's book...

"Um I love you...?" She whispered then kissed her deeply to swallow the awkwardness. The changeling froze for a second then melted into the kiss allowing herself to forget her temporarily.

"I'm sorry, I pushed you..." She whispered against her lips.

Chrysalis shook her head "It was a thousand years ago. I'm learning to just..." She took a deep breath and let it out "let it go"

Nightmare kissed her again only a lot more roughly. Chrysalis' eyes widened slightly as she kissed back. It was like she was kissing an entirely different pony. The alicorn growled softly pushing the changeling to the ground...

.... Only to be stopped by a hoof

"We have a outing, don't we?" Chrysalis questioned with a chuckle.

Nightmare nodded silently closing her eyes gaining control over herself "I almost took advantage of you..." She whispered cursing herself silently. Chrysalis shook her head quickly "It consoled me. That's all that matters." She cooed giving the alicorn a quick kiss before crawling from underneath her. Her tail was slightly raised much to her annoyance.

Nightmare forced out a chuckled and rose from the floor hiding the frown on her face.

The two began their night walk through Canterlot in their disguises. The moon watching them as it rose from underneath the horizon.

"Nightmare?"

The unicorn was deep in thought as she walked passed many night guards. Her eyes was filled with pain and discomfort.

Nightmare.

Nightmare.

"NIGHTY!"

"Hmm?" The unicorn finally replied looking around. They were in front of a huge tree with shimmering leaves.

"You spaced out on me..."

Nightmare sighed shaking her head "I'm sorry just thinking about the past."

(Flashback)

A little black filly walked to a tree with hooves filled with books. Books about magic and dragons.

"Why did she have to give us so much homework" She groaned flipping the book open to chapter one.

-
'Magic Bonds'

"Magic bonds are created between ponies with strong relationships. Even if it is just a passing glance, a pony can develop very strong bonds. It is unknown why this happens and if it happens with other creatures

For more information see:
Pg 26: Magical Chains
Pg 27: Siblings bonds
-

The black foal turned the page to 26 and saw a shadow hanging over her. She turned around quickly and smacked the pony in the face.

"Ow!" A filly's voice yelped.

The studying foal turned to see another black filly on the ground "I'm sorry, I just acted on instinct" She said helping the other foal to her hooves.

The other foal looked at her with beautiful glowing baby blue eyes "I- You can see me..." She whispered.

The filly raised her eyebrow "Of course, I can see you. Are you just a wallflower or...?"

The blue eyed filly shook her head quickly "I'm just talking to myself. You're studying magical bonds..."

The filly just nodded turning her emerald eyes towards the book.

-
~Magical chains

A shared magic link between two beings that grows stronger as time goes on. If the beings wander too far from each other, they can experience bleeding, pain, and eventually death from magical deprivation. Their souls are connected on a magical level and the chains are extremely difficult to break without a powerful mage.

Normally made between a medium and a spirit to give the entity a body but can only be made if the pony is...
A. A medium and
B. Interacted with the spirit before
-

"Spirits..." The emerald eyed filly shuddered as the two exchanged glances. A silver shimmer graced across their irises for a moment before the blue eyed filly turned away.

"I should do back home... Nice meeting you."

"Nice to meet you too! I'm..."

----

"Nightmare!"

The unicorn yelped pulling away from the tree "It's been a while since I've been here..."

Chrysalis scowled "It feels like you're ignoring me."

Nightmare shook her head sighing "Let's go..."

The two left in a tense atmosphere. Few nobles roamed the streets and the city glowed with street lights. The black unicorn saw Luna and Celestia together in all newspapers and the changeling was mesmerized by the different things that ponies could buy in the city.

Nightmare swallowed her anger and resentment before catching up to Chrysalis who was looking at a teddy bear in a toy store window with wide eyes.

"Do you want it?"

The changeling glanced at the unicorn "Do we have enough bits for it?"

Nightmare sighed "Chrysalis..."

The changeling slowly nodded with a longing look in her eyes "It's so cute..."

The disguised alicorn walked in laughing at the changeling mentally.

Chrysalis watched as Nightmare walked back out with a similar bear but instead of a pink bow. It was green. The changeling grabbed it from the almost completely silver magical aura.

"Thank you, Nightmare"

Nightmare just shook her head with a smile continuing her walk before she could blush again. The changeling tucked the bear under her wings before running after the unicorn.

"I want to say something..." Chrysalis called after her making the unicorn stop and turn around. The changeling walked up to her "I love you. No joke this time" She whispered kissing the unicorn.

Nightmare froze for a second blinking the shock from her eyes before kissing her back.



"Love you, too" She whispered hesitantly...

Author's Note:

3 years old for a changeling hybrid is similar to a 7 or 8 year old in pony/human growth

Every 1 year is 2 years including the 2 years they were in the egg (born the size of a 2 year old)

(Queens are similar but stop aging at around 20)

Just in case you were one of those people who are like:

"She's too young to be fighting and saying all of that stuff!"