• Published 31st Jul 2018
  • 1,629 Views, 46 Comments

Two Side - MLPOCLucC



Chrysalis has lost her hive but what happens when a fellow villian shows up and shows her that she's always needed something.... Companionship

  • ...
7
 46
 1,629

6

Nightmare smiled as Chrysalis ran around in a field near Zecora's cottage. She was almost fully healed, the only think that persisted was an injury to her head that was obtained when she fell.

"You're acting like a foal" She yelled at the changeling who was pouncing on butterflies. Chrysalis stuck her tongue out at Nightmare before chasing after the pretty white butterfly.

Nightmare smiled and closed her eyes as the sun shone on them. Suddenly, everything went quiet followed by a tingling on her nose. The alicorn opened her eyes to see the white butterfly resting peacefully on her nose and a changeling queen rearing back awaiting the perfect moment to pounce.

"Chrysalis!" She exclaimed as the changeling jumped belly first onto her. The two went rolling down a hill laughing the entire way. Chrysalis gave her a mischievous smile and held up a wriggling butterfly with her magic "I got it!" She yelled in victory.

Nightmare shook her head "I swear something happened while you were sick. You weren't nearly this playful" She chuckled making the changeling huff at her. Chrysalis suddenly sobered up and gave Nightmare a small smile "I had flashbacks of my foalhood while I was sick and realized it wasn't that... spectacular" She muttered looking out into the fields of flowers.

Nightmare wrapped a wing around her "I don't think anypony had a perfect foalhood..." She whispered giving her a warm smile. Chrysalis shook her head and grabbed a boutique of golden flowers with her magic before beginning to weave them. "I didn't have many friends or things like that. I was trained to do everything for the hive. That my feelings don't matter." She said with a frown.

"Now that the hive is gone... What do I have to go back to? Then I thought of you" She blushed a bit looking at the newly created flower necklace and placed it around Nightmare's neck. Nightmare looked at her with a small smile "Of course. You can... Always come back to me" She whispered assuringly.

Chrysalis smiled and booped her on the nose making the alicorn shrink back in surprise. "Cute..." she commented much to the alicorn's dismay. "I'm not cute..." She said bashfully. Chrysalis smirked "Oh yea, you're the fearless, awesome Nightmare Moon!" She yelled mimicking her evil laugh.

Nightmare rolled her eyes "I'm anything but fearless. Do you know how scared I was when you just disappeared into the Everfree..." She argued. Chrysalis narrowed her eyes at the alicorn "Let me compliment you" She growled. Nightmare raised her hooves in surrender chuckling under her breath.

"Nightmare..."

"Hmm?"

"Say my name"

"Chrysalis?"

The changeling smiled "You don't really say it that much" She informed her. Nightmare looked down at the realization only for a holed hoof to push her head up. Chrysalis smiled and gave her a quick kiss making the alicorn rear up in suprise.

"We haven't talked about our relationship after that kiss"

"I-I thought you were trying to avoid it" Nightmare stuttered.

Chrysalis shook her head chuckling at the black alicorn. Nightmare looked conflicted "Isn't it wrong for two mares to have a relationship?" She asked in a low voice. Chrysalis hummed softly shaking her head "I don't know about ponies but with changelings it's normal to be with both genders. Especially since drones don't have a specific gender" She informed her.

"I always thought it was looked down upon. I really just acted on my instincts" Nightmare whispered drawing circles with her hoof.

Chrysalis snickered "Oh my Moon, you are so adorable"

Nightmare's face grew red "I was on the moon for one thousand years. I'm still learning, shut up..." She whispered under her breath looking down.

Chrysalis crawled under her to meet her beautiful seafoam orbs. "Do you love me?" She asked innocently.

Nightmare backed away "We just met about a little over a week ago..."

"Plenty of time for you to fall in love. Love has no time limit" Chrysalis cooed licking her cheek.

Nightmare turned her head "Away from me, you manipulative succubus" She growled playfully making Chrysalis smirk.

"Manipulative succubus, surely you jest. I only wanted to poke a little fun" She cried dramatically wiping an invisible tear. Nightmare rolled her eyes curling her wing back onto her side.

"Chrysalis?"

"Hmm?"

"Do... you plan to recreate your hive"

Chrysalis didn't answer but instead looked to the field of flowers. "Around my hive, I could never be free like this. This is the true me. Not Queen Chrysalis but just Chrysalis, that changeling foal with ponies for friends. The goofy little foal that gained a new friend wherever she went..." She thought out loud.

Nightmare silently listened to the changeling's grievances and watched the sun slowly fall below the horizon. "Because of my hive... Because of Queen Chrysalis, I had a daughter" Chrysalis whispered closing her eyes.

Nightmare's eyes widened at this information "With whom, if you don't mind me asking" She asked. Chrysalis bit her lip thinking about 'him'

"Sombra..."

That was a name that Nightmare never expected to hear again. Suddenly, the alicorn was extremely interested in the conversation "You... and Sombra?" She questioned. Chrysalis turned towards her "A political marriage for my other children. They needed love and the Crystal Empire had a lot of it"

"So she was a princess..." Nightmare whispered under her breath "What happened to her?"

Chrysalis shook her head quickly "Please... I'll tell you when I'm ready" She pleaded weakly feeling the familiar chills run down her back. Nightmare nodded and gave her a sideways glace "I am known as the spiritual embodiment of the sadness and pain Princess Luna felt one thousand years ago. I guess you could call me a spiritual parasite... I was just numb and despondent from everypony. I couldn't feel anything but a dull pain in my chest. I never thought I was capable of compassion until now. I didn't reach out and I was punished for it... One thousand years on a desolate space rock" Nightmare chuckled dryly.

"Now I'm back to find out that I'm the monster in every little foal's bedtime story and I have a holiday on the day of my banishment"

Chrysalis flinched at the coldness of her tone before snuggling up to her side. Nightmare went silent after that sending the changeling a thankful smile.

"Every little filly dreams of becoming a princess... but every princess dreams of being normal" Chrysalis stated with a scowl. Nightmare's body shook with laughter "Ironic isn't it" She chuckled.

Chrysalis nodded slowly taking a deep breath as the moonlight beamed on Nightmare making her entire body glow. She couldn't help but capture the alicorn's lips... Again. Nightmare froze for a second but eventually kissed back.

Chrysalis could feel the warmth of the love being absorbed into her chest. She could feel herself overflowing with it. Nightmare let out a small yelp as the changeling pinned her to the ground. Her lavender mane sparked with its new found ethereal breeze and stars as they kissed each other deeply.

Nightmare eventually, pulled away much to the changeling's dismay "I need to breathe, Chrysalis" She panted. The changeling scoffed "Breathing is for weaklings" She said playfully. Nightmare shook her head giving her an amused smile.

"Is it just me... Or whenever we kiss, it feels exactly like our first?" Chrysalis questioned

Nightmare nodded "It still catches me off guard when you do it"

Chrysalis stuck her tongue out at that and rose to her haunches "My beautiful Queen of the Night" She muttered as she watched Nightmare's mane glow with stars. Nightmare shuffled to her hooves and began to turn crimson in the face "I have no kingdom, so I don't need a title" She said quickly

Chrysalis snickered at the bashful alicorn "I swear you don't like to be complimented" She teased. Nightmare snorted "I prefer you not to stroke my ego. I remember the last time my ego was throughly stroked."

Chrysalis bit her tongue to hold her laughter 'Don't make a sex joke...." She pleaded with herself. Nightmare looked to the sky "We should rest... It's getting late and we have a long trip tomorrow"

Chrysalis nodded in agreement wondering what North was thinking at that moment.
----

North sat near the river cutting plants that were growing too high 'Almost done then I can have a sandwich with these' She thought to herself licking her lips.

When suddenly her nose twitched and she let out a powerful sneeze falling into the river.

----

Chrysalis shrugged 'She's probably asleep anyway'

Nightmare was going to walk in the cottage when she heard a small creak in the floorboards. She held out her hoof and her horn crackled to life putting on her illusion, Night Tide. Chrysalis seemed to catch the drift and turned into Summer Grass.

They walked in cautiously when the lights flicked on

"SURPRISE!" All the ponies screamed.

Chrysalis jumped while Nightmare just blinked at them. "Well a little birdy told me that tonight was your last night in Ponyville, so I said..." The pink mare gave them an exaggerated gasp "I need to throw them a party!"

Chrysalis nudged Nightmare "Is it just me or is she tamer then she was before..." She whispered to her.

Nightmare shrugged.

Suddenly, music started playing and all the ponies began to dance and eat cake. Chrysalis shook her head as a familiar lavender alicorn walked up to them.

"I see you made up with your friend." Twilight said with a smile.

Nightmare nodded "You're advice was very helpful. Thank you"

Twilight smiled "No problem."

"This is my friend, Summer Grass"

"Summer Grass?" Nightmare kicked the changeling making her fall silent as she glared at her.

"Night Tide!" A familiar voice said before she was tackled by a rainbow blur.

"Hello to you, Rainbow Dash"

Chrysalis watched silently as she remembered the pegasus from her invasion of Canterlot. Twilight smiled and gave her a small wave to which she returned.

"Is Night Tide your marefriend?"

Chrysalis' green cheeks became slightly red "It's complicated. We were friends but we kissed and now... yeah" She blurted.

Twilight giggled "I know how you feel. Me and my marefriend are the same only more complicated. She should be showing up soon, though"

Chrysalis relaxed feeling oddly at ease around this mare. "Tell me about her if you don't mind..."

---

Nightmare stumbled as Rainbow Dash pulled her through the many ponies that occupied Zecora's cottage.

"This is my marefriend, Fluttershy" She said with a smile. Fluttershy let out a small squeak in suprise.

Nightmare's eyes widened "I thought that two mares being together was frowned upon"

"W-Well it was but after a while ponies just learned to change" Fluttershy stuttered shyly. Nightmare took in this information and smiled "I see..."

Rainbow Dash smiled "Yea. Besides anypony should be able to love whoever they want. That's what Cadance said when we got together"

"Cadance?"

"Oh? she's the Princess of Love. I'm surprised you don't know her." Rainbow commented.

"Sorry I'm just out of date, I guess" Nightmare muttered.

Fluttershy laid a wing on her back "Don't worry, if I wasn't at the wedding, I would be the same" She whispered with a smile.

"So how did you two meet?"

---

"She's just very old fashioned but it's cute when she tried to figure out things in this day and age"

Chrysalis chuckled "Night Tide is the same. She thinks that same-sex relationships are still frowned upon but her reaction when she found out it wasn't was adorable"

"My marefriend was the same way" Twilight giggled.

The two shared a laugh as the door to Zecora's cottage opened and everypony went quiet. Twilight perked up "Luna!" She exclaimed running towards the blue alicorn.

"You all may rise. I'm here as a friend" She said with a smile embracing the smaller mare.

Chrysalis could feel her stomach tie in a knot as they walked over to her.

"Luna, this is Summer Grass. Summer, this is my marefriend, Luna" She introduced. The alicorn raised her hoof and Chrysalis shook it hesitantly.

"It is nice to see Twilight making new companions" She said giving the lavender mare a smile.

"Y-Yea, I bet" She said nervously "Have you seen Zecora, Twilight?"

The lavender mare shook her head "I think she went to go explore the forest."

----

I know that Princess Luna can be intimidating but she's nice" Rainbow assured. Nightmare gave her a blank stare "I'm not intimidated by her" She growled under her breath.

Fluttershy smiled "Maybe you should meet her." She suggested making the disguised alicorn shoot up and shake her head violently. Rainbow shrugged and sat on a chair "Have you met her before?"

Nightmare huffed "I know her better than you'd ever think" She whispered gracefully eating a cupcake.

The two pegasi looked at each other then back at her.

----

"Well that's why my friend and I are in a complicated predicament... " Chrysalis finished sipping a cup of soda.

Luna frowed her brow "That is an interesting situation... What is the name of your friend?"

"Night Tide." She blurted quickly before covering her muzzle in embarrassment.

"Night Tide..." She repeated calmly.

Twilight closed her eyes in thought "Why don't you give it a try. I mean, you two obviously have chemistry"

Chrysalis blushed "It's complicated in a way that I shouldn't say in front of a princess" She muttered hoping that they would drop the conversation.

"You don't have to think of me as a princess. I do not even have my tiara" Luna assured.

Chrysalis facehoofed "We've only known each other for a little under 2 weeks" She groaned. 'Why are these alicorns so comforting. I'm literally word vomiting my life story' She moaned in her mind.

Luna nodded with a thoughtful look "Well you can't live a lifetime without mistakes. Risks can be the key to happiness besides, you little ponies aren't going to live forever"

'OH THE BUCKING IRONY!!!' Chrysalis screamed mentally as she gave Luna a forced smile "Ok. Thanks for the advice."

Suddenly, Rainbow Dash floated back with Night Tide as she walked with a cream colored pegasus.

"O-Oh hello, Princess Luna" The cream pegasus stuttered.

"Nice to see you again, Fluttershy. Rainbow Dash" Luna said with a smile.

Nightmare finished her cupcake and sat next to Chrysalis "Summer..."

"Night..." She greeted back as her heart began to pound.

"Did you have a fun time with *ahem* Princess Luna"

"It was fine..."

The group was then plunged into an uncomfortably awkward silence. Night refused to even look in the direction of the Princess of the Night. Luna was staring at the mare with a suspicious gaze and everypony else was just shuffling uncomfortably on their hooves.

"Have we met before, Miss. Night Tide?" Luna asked. Chrysalis began bouncing on her hooves as Night Tide slowly looked at Luna.

"No." She said stiffly.

Another pause...

"Ok! I can't take another second of this! Night! why do you hate, Luna?" Rainbow finally broke the silence.

Night Tide rolled her eyes "I don't hate her. I'm just uncomfortable around royalty"

Chrysalis began to sink in her seat as she let out a painfully long sigh. "Follow me outside, Night" She muttered walking out the cottage. Night Tide silently followed her ignoring Luna's curious gaze.

As soon as the door closed, Chrysalis began to speak.

"You are terrible at this!"

"How am I supposed to react to the mare that... created me. It's awkward... Like talking to your mother or sister after you had a fight and stopped talking for years"

Chrysalis had to place a hoof over her muzzle to refain from laughing. After a deep breath, the changeling looked to her again "At least try and not act suspicious. Luna was giving you a curious look-"

Nightmare gave her a look

"What?"

"Luna?"

"She told me to call her that!"

"You got so close to her that she had you drop her title?" Nightmare snarled feeling oddly possessive of the changeling.

Chrysalis went silent for a moment sensing the anger...

Nightmare shook her head to rid herself of the malice "I'm joking"

"Oh... I thought you were mad. You sounded like it"

Nightmare shook her head again and walked back into Zecora's cottage. Chrysalis shook her own head 'That mare...'