• Published 31st Jul 2018
  • 1,631 Views, 46 Comments

Two Side - MLPOCLucC



Chrysalis has lost her hive but what happens when a fellow villian shows up and shows her that she's always needed something.... Companionship

  • ...
7
 46
 1,631

11

Author's Note:

Nervous about this chapter IDK why but It gives me chills

Chrysalis woke up that morning and the alicorn was nowhere to be found. She grabbed an bundle of flowers from Nightmare's bag and began eating them to hold herself over until the mare came back.

She then took a shower.

Then sat around.

Where was she? The sun was beginning to set.

The changeling began to grow cold. Did she abandon her here? Just as she was about to go and look for her there was a soft knock on the window. Chrysalis walked up to it and saw a black pegasus with piercing blue eyes.

Nightmare.

She opened in with a scowl ready to scold the mare. Nightmare flew into the bathroom with a long green dress. Chrysalis was in shock, it was elegant but not eye catching. "I flew to Ponyville in the middle of the night to have Rarity make it. She said she specializes in this type of thing" Nightmare explained.

Chrysalis smiled "I love it.." She whispered grabbing it with her magic. Nightmare smiled walking into the bathroom allowing her marefriend to get dressed. She slipped into a tightly fitted white dress herself that hugged her flank. She turned into her disguise and saw that it fit her quite well. Her flank was held by the fabric that hid her cutie-mark and it didn't restrict her ability to walk. As you rose up the dress, the material became more elegant with a glimmering collar on it.

She stepped into a pair of matching slippers that Rarity gave her and stared at herself in the mirror. She nervously looked around her body feeling strangely self concious. She was cute but her mane needed to be brushed. The unicorn fumbled with the brush as she brushed through the lavender curls. Her bang did its normal sweep over her right eye. She stood in front of the mirror and twirled. 'Ok! You got this. You're the Queen of the Night' She encouraged herself then blushed because of the way she was acting. 'Come on, Nightmare, She'll love you no matter what you wear' She assured herself but it did nothing to calm the raging storm of thoughts.

-----

Meanwhile, Chrysalis slipped on the dress and pulled her hair up into an elegant bun with a certain amount of confidence to back it up. She'd done this for more than a millennium and doing it once more wasn't going to kill her.

Her disguise, Summer Grass, as named by her marefriend was officially ready to go on this date. She wondered where they were going.

-----

Nightmare stepped out of the bathroom hesitantly and looked at Chrysalis, who stared back. She was absolutely breath-taking, her entire outfit well.... fit her.

Chrysalis was staring at Nightmare not expecting what she was seeing. The pegasus embraced the unicorn "Oh my Moon, you are absolutely adorable" She squealed

"Let's go before you squeal yourself to death" Nightmare said chuckling as the changeling contained herself. The sun beginning to set as the two mares walked out into the city.

"So where are you taking me?" Chrysalis questioned.

Nightmare gave her a mischievous smirk "Guess."

"A restaurant"

Nightmare shook her head "Too cliché"

Chrysalis giggled "A party"

"Close but no"

"A bar?"

Nightmare shook her head and snickered "You'll find out"

"Please tell meeeee" Chrysalis whined impatiently.

Nightmare shook her head and dragged the changeling to an very beautiful building. She dragged her in and Chrysalis' eyes instantly met with Twilight and Luna's.

"Double date!" Nightmare said with a smile. Chrysalis shook her head at her marefriend's foalish excitement "Cute" She whispered booping the unicorn on the muzzle before sitting next to Twilight.

"Tis our first double date as well!" Luna announced bumping hooves with Nightmare. The unicorn hesitantly hoof bumped her with a small uncomfortable smile.

"They are so similar it's almost scary" Twilight whispered making Chrysalis burst into snickers. Chrysalis looked at Twilight's light blue dress with silver stars all over it. "Your dress is pretty." She commented.

Twilight smiled "Yours too. I like the elegant but simple vibe"

"Did Luna drag you here and tell you it was a surprise" Twilight laughed and nodded. "Night Tide sent her a letter by guard from what Luna told me" The two excited mare sat down at the table across from their respective lovers.

"So what are we doing here?" Chrysalis questioned.

Twilight smiled "We are trying something that Luna made herself" She whispered.

Chrysalis stiffened "You let a royal alicorn make something"

Twilight giggled "Trust me. It's fine, the chefs made it for tonight but Luna created the idea" She assured as the royal chefs walked in with a huge plate.

On the plate was a cresent moon of ranch surrounded by 4 stars with golden cheese and freshly cut vegetables of all kinds.

"It's like a fondue but with ranch and cheese. Remind me how is it that we haven't come up with this until now?" Chrysalis questioned.

The other 3 mares just shrugged sticking their vegetables on their sticks.

Twilight dipped her carrot into the ranch "I've never been on a double date but this just seems like a normal get together with couples"

Chrysalis shhed her "Don't break their spirit" She whispered dipping her broccoli in some cheese. Twilight's mouth became an 'O' as she went silent. Luna and Nightmare however were having the time of their lives talking about many things that had changed from when they were young. It was hard to believe that Luna hadn't caught on yet. But Nightmare looked strange... Enraged even.

"What are you going to do tomorrow?" Twilight asked.

Chrysalis raised an eyebrow "Why?"

Twilight looked at her like she was the dumbest pony in the universe "Full moon. I can't stay in the castle according to Luna so I was going to ask where you guys are staying..."

Chrysalis sighed at the friendly reminder that every full moon, her lover was going to be a sex hungry beast. "I don't know. I think me and Nighty are going to leave town for that night" Chrysalis dodged effectively. Twilight's ears fell a bit "Oh ok... I'll just find myself a room somewhere. I wonder why I can't stay in the castle that night..."

The other two mares were staring at them. Nightmare looking slightly peeved and Luna having a pleased smile on her face.

"What?" Twilight and Chrysalis asked at the same time shoving a piece of asparagus in their mouth. The two then looked at each other "Oh no... We're copying each other" They stated.

They groaned at the same time sliding down their seats.

Chrysalis looked at Twilight "Great minds think alike. Maybe?" She suggested awkwardly.

Twilight smiled.

After a while of talking, the mares watched as Luna lifted up a bottle of a silvery wine. "I brought with me, one of the most rarest wines in Equis to celebrate the occasion. Only accessible by the royal family."

Nightmare's eyes widened at the bottle "Moonshine!" She stated. Everyone was stunned by the sudden statement making the unicorn quickly shrink in shame.

Luna stared at her pouring a cup for everypony at the table "How do you know about it?"

Nightmare squirmed "I am the daughter of a noble"

"A toast to our relationships! Cheers!" Luna announced after a skeptical nod.

"Cheers!" Everypony echoed bumping their glasses together making delightful rings.

Chrysalis took a sip and instantly her mouth was filled with a delicious burning sweetness. "Oh wow!" She commented before taking another sip.

"I know right. It's delicious..." Twilight gasped at the cup

Nightmare was silently drinking hers while sending Luna a sideways glare. Chrysalis watched silently.

Luna smiled puffing up in pride "It's made from pure moonlight that's has been magically fermented through a secret process"

Chrysalis and Twilight nodded swirling the alcohol around in their glasses.

"So did you make it?" Chrysalis questioned

Luna smirked "I am the Princess of the Moon. It is quite simple really"

Nightmare snorted softly turning away. The room suddenly grew quiet as tension filtered in.

After a few minutes, the lunar diarch broke the silence.

"Do you have a problem with me?" Luna questioned.

Nightmare just shook her head staring the lunar alicorn down.

The tension grew tighter until Twilight and Chrysalis were literally choking on it.

Chrysalis grabbed Nightmare and attempted to drag her away but the disguised alicorn wouldn't move.

"Luna... Let's just go" Twilight urged pulling the blue alicorn

Luna ignored her narrowing her glaze. Nightmare suddenly began to chuckle making Luna angrier "What dost thou find so amusing" She growled slipping back into her archaic dialect.

Nightmare just shook her head "It's not worth it" She then walked out followed closely by Chrysalis.

"What was that!" She exclaimed

"..." Nightmare's tail flicked angrily "I hate the way she acts all high and mighty. I hate the way they all act all high and mighty!"

Chrysalis watched as Nightmare paced

"Oh I'm Princess Luna, I'm the lunar diarch of Equestria. I had a fight with my sister and got banished to the moon but now that I'm back I have so many ponies that love and appreciate me. Oh! I'm Princess Celestia, for some reason I'm the best at procrastinating and sealing threats away until they come back to bite me in the flank" She mocked her disguise withering as her lavender mane began to rise of its own accord.

Chrysalis slipped under the unicorn's neck snuggling into the sensitive area. "Do you envy Luna...?"

Nightmare flinched as if she'd been struck. Her weak facial expression quickly hardened "Why would I even be envious of what she has. She just has a bunch of ponies lined up to kiss her flank just because she was jealous of her sister. Our sister! And our 'sister' isn't much better!" Nightmare's illusion spell was starting to glitch and crackle with power.

"My parents abandoned ME after I was born! They didn't even give ME a proper chance at life. They left ME! A silver foal that never even had a chance at life. Then this alicorn comes along and changes ME! She turns me into this blue alicorn and overwrites me. I'm the forgotten sister. ME! ME! MEEEEEEE!!!" She roared in her royal canterlot voice making all of the buildings shake. Windows cracked and burst under the sheer power.

The alicorn, Chrysalis knew wasn't there. It was a silver furred alicorn glaring at her with glowing white eyes and gritted teeth. Chrysalis flinched at the power. This was the true Nightmare Moon.

-----

They say there are two sides to every story. The good and the bad. And sometimes the bad can secretly be the good. Everything has a back story so let's start with those bad days.

A filly was born to a earth pony couple on the edge of Equestria. She was as white and pale as the moon looming over them in the sky. The foal babbled reaching out to her guardians only for them to turn their backs. The young couple left the foal on the hill with nopony but the moon to comfort her.

The silver orb in the sky was her only witness as the air grew cold. The foal's stomach growled from hunger and her lips trembled growing blue around the edges. It didn't take her long to realize nopony would save her. She stopped whimpering for her parents and grew still.

There... The foal died with no witnesses to see.

Suddenly, there was a beating of wings in the distance followed by the sound of hooves touching the ground. Another beautiful white filly gleamed in the moonlight "Such a shame... You're so beautiful" She muttered gently nudging her silver mane out of her face.

"No magic can bring back the dead... But maybe..." She trailed off focusing her magic into her horn.

The clock struck midnight as the foal was lifted off the ground in a swirl of white magic. Her mane turned blue and fell in curls down her back. Her fur became a darker shade of blue. Her DNA was changed to be similar the mare's own DNA.

She whined softly as a horn grew from her head and wings burst from her back. She gently floated to the ground sucking on a hoof. Her turquoise eyes slowly fluttered open and lit up as the moon pulsed with light taking the young foal in.

The white filly smiled as the blue foal reached out its hooves towards the moon. "Ma-ma" She babbled kicking her hind hooves. The white filly picked her up and smiled at her confused gaze "I'm your sister, Celestia, and I'll name you, Luna" She cooed nuzzling her tummy. Luna giggled and babbled grabbing Celestia's horn in her tiny hooves.

Celestia giggled as Luna put the horn in her mouth and began to nom on it with her gums "Lulu! No that tickles" Celestia squealed. Luna let out a squeal of her own before giggling. The two alicorns shrieked with laughter as the night gave way to the morning.

-------

"Loneliness... Tis what we signed up for when we agreed to be the child of the moon, Is it not?" A low voice whispered into the darkness.

Chrysalis flinched "Nightmare! Where are you?"

The mare of darkness didn't move.

-------

Twins: 5 years old

Luna smiled playing with the little silverish white alicorn foal that she called...

"Moon! Push me!" The little blue alicorn squealed holding tightly onto the swing chains.

"O-Ok" She stood on her hind hooves as pushed the alicorn on the swing.

"Luna! You're supposed to be practicing your magic not swinging!" An older white foal with a pink mane.

"I was just playing with Moon, Celly..." She whispered

Celestia sighed "I don't care about your imaginary friends, Luna. Just get back to practicing your magic before you get us in trouble with Starswirl"

Moon's face scrunched up at being called imaginary. She was right in front of her. Her hooves slowly turned black. "I'm not imaginary!" She yelled pushing the mean alicorn but she fell right through. Luna slowly left the other foal without looking back.

Moon waved "Goodbye!"

She didn't receive a response from the little blue alicorn foal.

-------

Twins: 10 years old

Luna was older and training with the knights. Swords and shields replaced toys. She cut her hair short and honed her swordsmare ship. Moon sat ignored at her side. She was fully black now and her eyes filled with self hatred. Luna walked over in her direction.

"Hi..."

Luna walked past her not even sparing a glance. The black foal fought tears. Nopony knew she even existed. All she wanted was a friend...

-----

20.

30.

40.

50.

60.

100.

500.

1000.

2000.

3000.

4000.

Twins: 5000 years old

Luna grew older and gained her ethereal mane with stars. Moon grew too with her own ethereal mane that was even more vibrant compared to her fur. Bursts of space dust and gorgeous supernovae.

"How could Celestia ignore me like that." Luna cried flopping into her bed and covering her face with a pillow.

Moon tapped her on the cheek "Mayhaps if thou-"

Luna sent her the most spine-chilling glare "Why art thou even still here... Leave us be!" She spat.

Moon flinched as her once bright baby blue eyes filled with even more self hatred. She gulped and curled into a ball like a pet in a corner. Luna wouldn't let her in the bed and nopony else could see her.

Perhaps if nobody could see her.


She would make them see her....

------

Luna walked to the throne room to confront her sister. Her night had been ignored for far too long. It was time to have a serious talk.

Moon snuck quietly out of Luna's view. If Luna wasn't going to give her the attention she deserved then she would ruin the alicorn's reputation so she wouldn't gain any attention either...

'Is this a good things to do' A small part of her asked but was ignored as the teenage alicorn watched from afar waiting for her time to strike.

"Luna! You must lower the moon, it is your duty"

Luna scoffed "So I should just stand around while they all bask in your precious daylight!"

"Yes!" Nightmare thought it as Celestia said it

Celestia bit her lip "Ok! Luna, please talk to me. I'm your sister, I wish to help"

Nightmare's smile grew wide as the lunar princess's resolve weaken. It was her time to shine.

Her horn glowed as she casted herself into the adolescent alicorn taking over her thoughts and actions.

"NO! THE NIGHT SHALL LAST FOREVER!!!" She roared blasting the solar diarch. Celestia screamed as the blast singed her sensitive wing. The solar diarch prepared to fight her sisters as her gaze hardened.

----

Chrysalis could hear the muffled sound of ragged breathing and soft whines. There was a little white filly curled up.

The changeling's eyes softened at the adorable thing "Hi. What's your name..." She asked in a soft voice.

"I-I'm Moon. I call myself, Nightmare." The filly whispered twirling a strand of silver mane.

Chrysalis nodded "Why are you so sad, sweetie?" She asked

"My twin sister ignores me and pretends I don't exist. It hurts inside but I have to hide it because she hates me and if I talk to her... She gets mad"

Chrysalis curled herself around the filly "Your sister sounds like a meanie"

The filly rolled her baby blue eyes " I'm just so lonely... Nopony loves me. I met this changeling one day. She was my first friend..."

Chrysalis' eyes widened "Oh really what was she like?"

"She was really funny and goofy. I was surprised she could see me. I made her a bear from yarn and gave it to her for Hearthswarming. She was really happy..."

Chrysalis bit her lip as tears fell down her face "I'm sure she was..."

------

Chrysalis stared across at Moon as the silver around them swirled. The two were closely cuddled against each other as Chrysalis talked about her foalhood.

"Did you have someone you love?"

Chrysalis nodded "She's as beautiful as the moon itself"

Moon smiled "She must be very pretty then."

Chrysalis chuckled laying down on her back "Gorgeous... I just hope that she find it in her heart to forgive and forget"

Moon's eyes shimmered with confusion and a tinge of rage "Why should she?"

Chrysalis picked up the foal "I don't like to say sappy things like this but I hate that she's so unhappy. Every time I see her it's like she pushes everyone away"

The white foal giggled wiggling in happiness as the changeling tossed her up into the air "Maybe she just needs someone to talk to... someone on her side" She suggested as her body began to fade.

Chrysalis smiled "Still cute even though you're tiny, Nightmare."

Moon began to slowly turned black but she was smiling at the changeling "Thank you, you didn't need to worry about me but you did..."

Chrysalis smirked "You can't get rid of me that easily." She chuckled before a white glow enveloped the entire barrier including Chrysalis. The changeling felt warm the glow dimmed.

Nightmare then stood in the filly's place.

Chrysalis nuzzled the alicorn "I love you"

Nightmare smiled "I love you too"

Chrysalis smiled leaning against the black alicorn beginning to glow herself.

On the outside, Luna, Celestia, and Twilight watched in awe at the giant silver ball of roaring magic.

"She said that you both were her sister" Twilight questioned. Luna looked to Celestia with a questioning gaze. Even the solar alicorn looked confused.

"We have no other sister..."

"Especially not Nightmare Moon" Luna added in disgust. But that didn't banish the feel in her mind and stomach that she was wrong.

The silver ball of magic calmed to a low hum of magic.

"If Night Tide was Nightmare Moon then Summer Grass had to be Chrysalis? I'm just going off coloration unless Summer Grass is real..."

"Chrysalis and Nightmare Moon?" Celestia raised an eyebrow quizzically.

"We'll explain later..."

-----

Within the giant ball of magic, Chrysalis sat with an older Nightmare, whispering sweet nothings into each others ears. The black alicorn wasn't changing but instead the changeling was beginning to glow.

The chain was strong between them as Chrysalis unconsciously gave her love to the alicorn.

Chrysalis was lifted into the air by this white glow. The little filly flashed in Chrysalis' eyes before allowing her to be into the changeling's chest.

After a while, the changeling fell to the ground and looked down "What happened! I'm still the same..." She complained. Nightmare chuckled "I wouldn't say that..."

In her hooves, was a doll. That little teddy bear proudly wearing his black patches. His head was adorned with a crown of silver flowers and Chrysalis' eyes held a inner layer of baby blue around her pupil. Her body glowed with moonlight.

"Oh come on! I thought I was going to get an epic transformation where I completely change from giving my love to you"

Nightmare chuckled dryly "Something tells me that you'd be better off like this..."

Chrysalis didn't agrue with the alicorn but instead kissed her.

"You scared me..."

Nightmare nuzzled her "I scared the big bad changeling queen" She gasped

Chrysalis glared at her "I regret teaching you sarcasm."

Nightmare snickered as the changeling rolled off of her onto the ground.

"You're so beautiful..." Chrysalis whispered looking deep into the alicorn's eyes. Nightmare smiled crawling in between her leg and closing the distance "Why thank you my good changeling and might I say you look absolutely gorgeous as well" Nightmare said in a noble voice. Chrysalis scoffed slapping Nightmare's chest "You always have to show me up"

Nightmare chuckled crawling closer "Only when you try to out compliment me, my beautiful Queen Chrysalis" She whispered in a husky voice nipping her ear.

Chrysalis shivered from horn to hoof biting her lip "And you call me the succubus..." She breathed right before the alicorn captured her lips in a passionate kiss.

[Scene Distorted]

"Goodnight..." Nightmare whispered teleporting the changeling away before allowing the magical barrier to fall. What awaited her was a magical inhibitor and chains from the royal guards.

Twilight and the princesses watched anxiously awaiting the moment when the alicorn would fight back but it never came as she was dragged away.