• Published 31st Jul 2018
  • 1,620 Views, 46 Comments

Two Side - MLPOCLucC



Chrysalis has lost her hive but what happens when a fellow villian shows up and shows her that she's always needed something.... Companionship

  • ...
7
 46
 1,620

Chapter 18

Ponies watched with trepidation as the changeling and the alicorn was lead to the stands. The tension was disgustingly thick and shoved it's way into your throat.

"We stand here to give the royal pardon to Queen Chrysalis and Nightmare Moon." Luna stated

Screams of outrage filled the halls as Twilight and Fluttershy both reeled back from shock. Nightmare looked at Chrysalis and the changeling queen stared back.

"You can't possibly be thinking of excusing them for this." A noble pitched in.

"Yes, look at them. Their horrid creatures born from the depths of Tartarus!" Fluttershy growled flapping her wings as she tackled the noblemare.

"Nobody talks about my friends that way. Nobody! Do! You! Understand!" She snarled. The noblemare nodded quickly and the butter cream mare helped her up.

Celestia stood on her throne with a slight smile "I understand that you might have had a bad experience with them but I can tell they have learned the magic of friendship. The power of love and happiness shines in their hearts."

Luna watched Nightmare as Nightmare walked up to the throne. Her face was dark but held conviction.

"..." She stared before walking from the throne room. Chrysalis followed after leaving a dead silence in their wake.




----

"Why did you do that?" Chrysalis questioned. The black alicorn didn't say a word. The changeling ran ahead of her to block her path.

"Chrysalis..."

"Why are you regressing back to being this tough, silent alicorn. I thought we were past this!" Chrysalis sneered as she got close enough for their horns to touch.

"You deserve better... I have done terrible things that nobody knows about. Nobody will ever-" She was interrupted by a soft muzzle nuzzling her own.

"I'm always here. I've always been here. Talk to me." Chrysalis whispered licking her cheek. Nightmare sighed swallowing her fear. Why was she so afraid to open up to her?

"I don't... I don't want to drive you away again." She whispered back. Chrysalis' ears fell slightly as she leaned against her partner's shoulder.

"Tell me. A good relationship is built off of trust."

"Where'd you hear that?"

Chrysalis smirked "Nice try. Now tell me.

Nightmare looked away "I have these scars for a reason. You already know about my fight with Celestia. I am the rightful goddess of the moon. I am Celestia's polar opposite. We are complimentary in a way."

Chrysalis watched as her hoof dragged the ground.

"She changed me to suite her needs. A foal with no home, no family. Nobody loved me for me! It was always Luna! Luna! Luna!"

Chrysalis placed her hoof on Nightmare's and nodded for her to continue.

"Everyone says I corrupted Luna. I changed Luna! I AM A PARASITE WHEN IT IS THE COMPLETE OPPOSITE!" Nightmare screamed as her fangs flashed in front of Chrysalis's eyes "YOU CAN'T JUST WALTZ INTO EXISTENCE AND TAKE EVERYTHING FROM ME!"

Chrysalis' grabbed Nightmare in her weak magic and pulled her head to lean on her shoulder. It was a long time until she finally calmed and fell asleep.




----

Nightmare woke up to Chrysalis' long emerald mane on her muzzle. She snorted to rid herself of the tickling feeling.

"Good morning." Chrysalis whispered in her ear making the large alicorn shudder.

"Good morning, Chrysalis. How long was I?"

"About 12 hours, give or take some minutes. Celestia and Luna wish for us to be at dinner."

"Truly?"

Chrysalis nodded as Nightmare rose from the bed. Her mane was a mess of lavender locks. It wasn't much of a surprise given that their owner wasn't in much of a good mood either.

"Oh and Nightmare..."

"Hm?" The black alicorn paused at the bathroom doorway.

"Luna hasn't taken everything. I'm still here."

The alicorn shield herself with a wing and walked into the bathroom but she couldn't hide her bashfulness from the chuckling changeling

Nightmare woke up to Chrysalis' long emerald mane on her muzzle. She snorted to rid herself of the tickling feeling.

----

When the walked out of the bedroom, a guard was staring at them.

"The princesses request that I show you to the dining hall. Miss. North is already there."

They nod and follow the guard. He wasn't a heavily built guard so Chrysalis assumed that he's never left Canterlot. Nightmare was watching the windows. Canterlot was flourishing way more that Galacian every did. None the less, they were all raised in that earth pony village. Ponyville seems like such a plain name compared to its original.

"Nightmare Moon." The guard said curtly.

"Yes?"

"We are here."

He opened the door and they saw ponies they new and didn't know.

Shining Armor and 2 other unicorn stallion's. A light grey mare with a pink mane. The element barers and the 4 princesses.

"Come, sit with us." Celestia requested being as polite as possible.

"Yes. It would be rude of us to enter without doing so." Chrysalis replied taking a seat next to Fluttershy, who smiled at them both. Nightmare sat awkwardly next to Chrysalis.

"This is my nephew, Sir Blueblood. His ancestor was Princess Platinum." She said pointing to the stallion with the blonde mane. Chrysalis could tell that he was of a premium breeding.

"And this fellow, is my dearest friend, Fancy Pants and his wife, Fleur De Lis."

Chrysalis eye's widened at the sight of Fleur de lis. Nightmare noticed but didn't say anything.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Miss. Moon." Fancy stated with a smile.

Nightmare smiled back almost genuinely "The pleasure is all mine."

"Now Ah just have one question." Applejack pitched in.

"What is it?" Fluttershy questioned.

"You two were Summer Grass and Night Tide" She questioned. The two mares nodded shyly.

Pinkie watched with wide eyes "Reformation Party!"

"Pinkie!"
"No!"

Chrysalis and Nightmare screamed at the same time. The pink mare seemed to pout at that.

"But everyone knows that you're gonna be reformed at the end of the...." The last part was so low that nopony could hear.

"What was that, Darling." Rarity questioned.

"Nothing!" She replied in her usually peppy voice.

"That's why you hate Luna?" Rainbow questioned.

Nightmare gritted her teeth "I've already said this before I do not hate-"

Twilight groaned interrupting the alicorn "It's obvious. You couldn't stop glaring during our double date. To think you would go to such lengths to fake a relationship."

Chrysalis snorted at that as Cadance giggled.

"I do not think they are faking in the slightest. I can see that they love each other dearly."

"Exactly!" North chimed in.

"Oh! Oh, wow!" Fluttershy whispered with a slight blush on her cheeks.

"Why is it anypony's business!" Chrysalis sighed in exasperation. Nightmare nodded in agreement.

"I find it to be a relatable subject to talk about considering the large amount of homosexual mares." Luna sipped her tea as she watched the reaction to her sister's statement.

"Wait!" Twilight blushed.

"What!?" Rainbow yelped.

Chrysalis burst into a fit of laughter as the lavender alicorn glared at her.

"Well then, this has turned into a rather interesting conversation." Blueblood chipped in.

"Oh you, uncouth ruffian!" Rarity growled.

"Silence! I can barely hear myself think!" Nightmare snapped and the dining room fell silent as they stared at her.

"Why so glum?" Pinkie whispered from behind her. Nightmare's ear swirled around lightly tapping the pink mare in the nose.

"Boop." Pinkie giggled.

"I do not think that qualifies as a boop, Pinkamena." The black alicorn stated as she began eating the grilled fish on her plate.

"Of course it counts silly."

"Could've fooled me." Nightmare chuckled. Pinkie seemed the light up at the sight of the black mare's smile.