• Published 31st Jul 2018
  • 1,629 Views, 46 Comments

Two Side - MLPOCLucC



Chrysalis has lost her hive but what happens when a fellow villian shows up and shows her that she's always needed something.... Companionship

  • ...
7
 46
 1,629

Chapter 15

Chrysalis was instantly on guard.

A loud spark sounded before a bright flash filled the entire dungeon and Celestia appeared. A hiss burst from the changeling's muzzle as she pawed the ground.

"Wait, Chrysalis! I'm not-"

Chrysalis tackled the alicorn and many bursts of magic followed.

"Chrysalis!" North called from the doorway throwing an unconcious guard at the alabaster alicorn. Her wing flew open in surprise as she caught the unfortunate stallion.

North rushed to the cage and struggled putting the key into the lock.

"North. Hurry." Chrysalis rushed watching as the alicorn princess rose up from the ground shaking herself off.

"My hooves are shaking too much!" She complained attempting to calm her shaking limp.

"NORTH! USE YOUR MAGIC!" Chrysalis screeched as Celestia began walking over to them with a stumble in her step.

"Oh...whoops." North whispered gaining a glare from the changeling queen.

North easily slid the key into the lock and opened the cage. Chrysalis' horn glowed with a bright silver glow before a powerful blast hit Celestia square in the chest destroying the gem in the middle of her regalia. Celestia hissed powering her magic and running towards them.

"Holy fudge!" North whispered falling over.

"Nightmare!" Chrysalis screamed closing her eyes in preparation for the pain.

But there was no impact.

Chrysalis opened her eyes to see Nightmare standing over her with a furious expression. Her horn was pressed up against Celestia's as they pressed their weight against each other.

Celestia gasped in pain "Chrysalis. I am not your enemy. I just wish I could... Make amends"

Chrysalis was trembling at this point as her eyes swirled with renewed tears.

Suddenly, there was a temporary truce between the two alicorns as other guards rushed in.

"Princess! Princess Twilight has been controlled by a changeling."

Celestia nodded in acknowledgement before turning back to Nightmare who stood protectively over Chrysalis and North.

"It seems that you have learned the magic of friendship" Celestia stated towards Nightmare who snorted.

"No thanks to you."

Celestia turned towards Chrysalis "I wish to apologize and I- No, you should decide when you wish to forgive me"

Chrysalis grimaced as Luna and Cadence joined them in the already crowded dungeon.

"Why.... Should I forgive you. What have you ever done for me! You didn't even help me during the invasion. You just attacked me!" Chrysalis screamed at Celestia powering her magic.

There was a stand off between the two as Chrysalis glared at the pony princess.

Before something that was unheard of happened.

Celestia's head lowered to the ground til her muzzle hit the floor. She had bowed to Chrysalis in genuine apology.

Chrysalis squirmed as Cadance and Luna stared as if Celestia was a completely different equine.

"It has plagued me for some time. I never acquired forgiveness from you." The alicorn forced out "I humbly ask for your forgiveness... Please."

"Only if you let my beloved walk out of here. Then I will consider forgiveness" Chrysalis stated almost instantly in concern for the fate of her lover.

Nightmare's eyes widened "Chrysalis..."

The alicorn princesses were all struck speechless by the proposition. Cadance could be seen with a slight curl on the ends of her lips.

"Yea!" North stuck her two bits in.

"That is impossible. My subjects will want a trial or they will never feel safe."

"Not my problem, I guess you don't want my forgiveness" Chrysalis hissed as her eyes glowed evilly.

Celestia shook her head to rid herself of the uncomfortable sensation in her head.

"Princess!" Twilight's voice rang out before emerald colored blood splattered across the ground.

Nightmare screamed in anguish as Chrysalis' body fell to the ground. Luna and Cadence were frozen in shock watching the scene unfold.

Everything moved in slow motion.

----
Nightmare!

Wake up!
----

The black alicorn shot up to see Chrysalis at her side. Bandages were wrapped around her torso.

"It was real..."

"Yes." A voice responded.

Nightmare shot up to see Luna at her bedside with a distraught looking Twilight Sparkle.

"YOU!" Nightmare growled at the lavender alicorn. Tears fell from Twilight's eyes as she hid behind Luna.

Nightmare attempted to move but her body wouldn't cooperate.

"What have you done to me?!"

"Paralysis spell. I want an explanation"

"I don't owe you shi-" Nightmare was interrupted by a striped hoof being placed on her muzzle.

"They have feed me, gave you guys a bed, after the fiasco 2 days ago"

"2 days!" Nightmare screeched.

"Chrysalis is in critical condition from Twilight's attack. She might have a lasting scar but that's all from what we know. Especially given our lack of knowledge on changeling anatomy."

Nightmare snarled lowly at herself for allowing this to happen.

"I-" Twilight spoke up "I'm so sorry."

Nightmare glared at her with cold, unfeeling eyes before chuckling dryly "Sorry... Is that all there is to say?"

Twilight flinched at her cold tone slipping more and more behind the lunar princess.

"Why is it that you're always in our way... We were all happy until your 'princess' decided we were a threat. She's done more than us and less than you! She's killed a foal and started wars yet, she won't lift a hoof to help you when you need it. Instead she sends a group of hormonal teenage mares to save the world from threats, some of which aren't even there!" Twilight looked away from the black alicorn in what appeared to be thought.

"..." Twilight attempted to make words but she could barely muster up a rebuttal.

"Enough with your senseless patriotism. Leave my sight!" The alicorn snarled.

Twilight teared up running away with her tail between her legs.

Then there was Luna, who watched with a grim expression before following Twilight out of the door.

The silence left behind by the two mares was deafening. The only thing that made any noise was the soft, weak breathes of the changeling beside Nightmare.

The dark alicorn sighed lying down and loosely wrapping a wing around the queen's torso. It had happened so fast.
-----

"CHRYSALIS!" Nightmare screamed in anguish holding her body in her hooves. Twilight froze in fear as the alicorn turned her gaze towards her.

North sobbed in the background as guards dragged her away.

"I'll kill you!" Nightmare growled allowing the purple unicorn to get a glimpse of her sharp fangs.

"No!" Cadance and Luna exclaimed before a piercing blue magic hit the dark alicorn in the chest and she fell to the ground limply.

"No..." Nightmare whispered weakly before her vision went black.
----

Nightmare shot up from her flasback when the door opened and North returned back into the room with soup. The alicorn barely even knew the unicorn had disappeared.

"Guess... this gives us time to talk?" She said in a questioning voice. Nightmare nodded silently as the tray of soup levitated towards her in a weak flickering magic.

"They put a magical repression device on our horns."

"Willingly?"

"Had no choice. Either this or be put in the dungeons."

Nightmare hummed acknowledging that as an answer.

"Why are you here, Nightmare?"

"I don't know. Shouldn't you know that?"

"I'm not the all seeing eye. I just give a push in the right direction. I can lead a mare to water but making her drink is something else entirely." North sighed with a shrug "I'm a counselor for everything it seems."

"I see... It's seems that I didn't drink."

"No. You drank until you got a stomachache and killed over"

Nightmare chuckled at the analogy looking down at the now luke-warm soup. Pieces of fish, peas, and carrot. She brought the bowl to her mouth with her hooves and began eating.

"I never thought I'd see the day when Celestia bowed to anyone..."

Nightmare sighed before enhaling more soup.

"I mean she's never bowed even when she's been defeated."

"Stubborn old mare is what she is. A mule cannot compare." Nightmare placed the empty bowl on the nightstand.

North shook her head looking around "At least she has some hospitality."

Nightmare snorted "Yes. Put your guests into a hospital, it really brings out the decor."

North snorted before bursting to a fit of giggles.

Author's Note:

I tried to space this out as much as possible but it still feels rushed to me.

Let me know how you feel and please offer any advice if it's too fast.