• Published 31st Jul 2018
  • 1,628 Views, 46 Comments

Two Side - MLPOCLucC



Chrysalis has lost her hive but what happens when a fellow villian shows up and shows her that she's always needed something.... Companionship

  • ...
7
 46
 1,628

9

Author's Note:

Early update because I'm going to be busy with homework and school on Tuesday this week

Enjoy! :twilightsmile:

The mares didn't see Lemon Squeeze again that next day. Chrysalis and Twilight talked under the watchful eyes of Nightmare. During their talks, Nightmare learned many things about her companion.

1. Chrysalis' favorite food (besides love) was chocolate

2. Chrysalis' birthday is February 13th

And 3. When Chrysalis was young she wanted to go to Starswirl's/ Celestia's school for gifted unicorns (Sweet Irony)

Spike tapped on Nightmare snapping the disguised alicorn from her thoughts. The dragon silently held up an apple to which the alicorn grabbed with a smile "Thanks..." She whispered looking to the sleeping Twilight across from them.

Chrysalis watched eating her own. Her thoughts were on Canterlot. What if they get arrested by the guards or get found out. 'Why did I let Nightmare talk me into this?' She groaned to herself as she attempted to assure the growing pit in her chest. She didn't doubt that the alicorn could protect her but her mind continued to drift to the worst possibility.

Nightmare looked at Chrysalis "When we get to Canterlot. Let's go out somewhere" she whispered in the changeling's ear. Chrysalis nodded blushing slightly. Spike stared between the two mares with a curious look.

-----3 hours later-----

Chrysalis' lips curled up in a mischievous smile as she put the whipped cream that she got from the attendant on Twilight's hoof. The changeling then lightly tapped on Twilight's forehead. The purple alicorn moaned and put the hoof on her forehead smearing whipped cream in her mane. Spike snickered and rubbed some on her muzzle.

Chrysalis bit her tongue to hold in her laughter and lightly tapped her cheek. Twilight let out a low whimper and slid her hoof down to her cheek. Suddenly, the changeling and the dragon burst out into a fit of laughter waking the alicorn.

"Oh my Moon" Chrysalis cried falling on the ground as she laughed harder at the alicorn's dumbstruck face.

"What...." Twilight looked down at her hoof and glared at Chrysalis "Summer! Spike!"

Nightmare chuckled as Twilight chased the laughing changeling around the train car. The dragon was seeking shelter behind her laughing as the two smeared whipped cream all over the train car.

"Get! Back! Here!" Twilight yelled as Chrysalis dodged her and took to the air.

"Come on, Twily. It's just a prank- Buck!" She squealed as Twilight pulled her by the tail and pounced on her.

"AHA, I'VE GOT YOU!" Twilight screamed like a rabid predator as she crawled on her with hooves full of whipped cream.

"Twilight... Let's talk. We can negotiate-"

"No!" The alicorn interupted smearing whipped cream all over Chrysalis' muzzle and mane.

"-This..." Chrysalis finished blowing whipped cream from her nose.

"When you're friends with pranksters like Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie, you start to learn more about how to get revenge after the act. Even my marefriend is a prankster"

"Luna is a prankster?"

"Yea, her and Princess Celestia have prank wars"

Chrysalis chuckled at the thought.

"So? Truce." Twilight questioned

"Hold on" Chrysalis grabbed the can of whipped cream and put some on each of their hooves.

Twilight seemed to get the message and grinned before they both ran at Nightmare. The unicorn was reading a book and didn't seem them coming until her face was covered in the sweet frothy condiment. Spike was also hit with a sweet payback himself making him fall over onto his back in surprise.

The alicorn snickered as the changeling hoof bumped her.

Nightmare glared at them before grinning ferally.

"I recommend you, run..."

------

*1 hour later*

Nightmare sat peacefully reading the romance novel that the train supplied as the two culprits of her prank sat tied together beside her. Spike watching over them to prevent them from escaping.

"Night... We're sorry" Twilight moaned "My wings are sore"

"Come on... Can you use your magic yet" Chrysalis groaned wiggling in her restraints.

"5 more minutes..." Nightmare said absent-mindedly as she began reading a kissing scene in her novel.

Twilight huffed "I'll try and slid out"

"It's not going to work"

"It's either that or we stay stuck like this for 5 more minutes"

Chrysalis rolled her eyes "Have at it"

Twilight began her attempt to slide her hooves free and began wiggling.

"I think I've almost..." Twilight gasped

"Twilight your hooves are still in the same place"

The alicorn looked at her in shock "I thought for sure I was making progress"

Chrysalis shook her head

Twilight huffed and began to rock back and forth.

"Twilight! You're gonna rock us-" Chrysalis was interrupted when the two of them fell off the seat onto the ground followed by a series of curses and groans. Spike rolled in laughter.

"I think my wing is missing or broken"

"Twilight, it's in the same place trust me. It's still stabbing into my ribs"

Nightmare watched them, amused by the show she was getting. "Are you done?"

"Nooo, give us a few more years" Chrysalis said sarcastically turning her glare towards the unicorn.

Twilight just groaned in response.

"Cut them free, Spike the dragon"

Spike huffed "Do I have to... They seem fine like this"

"SPIKE!" The two mare yelled

"Fiiine" He groaned cutting them free with his claws.

Twilight fell the the ground and crawled away "Sweet freedom"

"Tell me about it" Chrysalis sighed stretching her wings.

The attendant walked in with a cart of snacks "Do you mares and drake need anything"

Nightmare shook her head as the attendant looked down at the two mares on the ground struggling dramatically to their seats.

"Believe it or not but I have seen weirder things on this train" The attendant said nonchalantly making Spike snort in amusement as the attendant moved to the next car.

------

After a few hours passed, and the passengers of the car began looking outside as they pulled up the mountain.

"I believe that we will get there early. By nightfall, if my estimation is correct" Nightmare said.

Chrysalis froze up a bit as flashbacks of Cadance and Shining Armor's wedding invading her vision. The thoughts quickly faded with a nuzzle from Nightmare. Her mind thought about the tone that Nightmare had when she said that Chrysalis was her mare. Chrysalis mentally squealed which led to her lips curling up into a huge smile.

Nightmare gulped down a cup of coffee brought by the attendant as Twilight read a textbook on the different species of Equis.

Twilight sighed stretching "I have so many questions. There's so little information about so many species"

"Like which?" Nightmare questioned

"The Changelings, and Ceberus. Then there's a lot of species that I haven't even read yet"

Chrysalis' ears perked at the word, changelings.

"What do you need to know about the changelings?" Nightmare asked

Twilight sighed grabbing a notebook and began to write "Like it says that queens are self fertilizing but that absolutely makes zero sense to me. Wouldn't that make the drones exactly the same as the queen?"

Chrysalis almost fell out of her seat at the sheer stupidity. 'Of course, Queens are not self fertilizing, are you dumb?!' Her common sense screamed at Twilight.

Nightmare chuckled as Chrysalis facehoofed. That was quickly becoming her response to everything that she deemed was ridiculous.

"What do you guys think?" Twilight questioned

Chrysalis quickly turned around "I don't believe Queens are self fertilizing at all"

Nightmare just shrugged.

Spike followed Nightmare's lead and turned back to his comics.

"I agree with Summer. It doesn't make sense. I will have to send a message to the author" Twilight said taking it down in the notebook.

Chrysalis blew her mane out of her eyes allowing the now lustrous forest green strands to glimmer in the golden sunlight. Nightmare was enraptured by this changeling. Her beauty seemed to multiply by hundreds every time she looked at her. The alicorn didn't feel anything against her mental barrier so, she assumed this was natural seduction. Or maybe because this was her mare...

Wow that was sappy enough to make Rainbow Dash vomit...

Chrysalis watched as the train stopped in the station. The painfully familiar buildings of Canterlot roamed in the background. The changeling backed away from the window shaking. They were going to kill her. Blast her back into the Everfree. She shouldn't have come back. Chrysalis could see Celestia's harsh gaze upon her now making her breathing quicken.

Nightmare quickly sprung into action grabbing the changeling and pulling her close. "Chrysalis, deep breathes. count with me" She whispered in her ear rocking her back and forth.

"One"

"O-one.."

"Two"

"..." Chrysalis began to struggle against the unicorn's hold.

"Chrysalis, Two" She repeated in a low whisper.

"T-Two"

The two repeated until they got to ten. Chrysalis was beginning to calm down. Her head lowered as she let out a few ragged breathes "I'm sorry..." She whispered. Nightmare shook her head "You're ok" She assured.

Twilight watched the exchange anxiously "Is Summer alright? I can go get a doctor." She recommended. Nightmare shook her head "A lot of bad things happened to her in Canterlot"

"PTSD?"

Nightmare nodded

Twilight's ears fell "Poor thing... Are you sure she doesn't need a doctor? I'm sure Princess Celestia won't mind..."

Nightmare shook her head quickly and lowered herself to allow Chrysalis on her back. Chrysalis held on tightly feeling as weak as can be. The queen began to scold herself mentally for showing weakness to them. She was taught to never show weakness.

"It was nice seeing you again, Princess Twilight Sparkle. I hope to see you, again" Nightmare waved at the purple alicorn before rushing past the royal guard and into the city.

"I'm sorry" Chrysalis whimpered "I didn't mean to..."

Nightmare felt terrible for dragging the changeling there. It was like the queen was having a full breakdown. She quickly happened upon a park and sat the disguised changeling on a bench.

"I'm sorry, Chrysalis."

After a few minutes of breathing, Chrysalis shook her head "Don't worry. I just had a bit of a fit" She said with a weak smile. Nightmare kissed her forehead "We should find a hotel before it gets too dark"

Chrysalis nodded pushing herself up and quickly clutched her head "Buck, I feel light-headed"

"Just climb on if you need to..."

Chrysalis nodded. She wasn't going to take her up on the offer anyway. She willed herself to be strong.

Nightmare kept a watchful eye on the changeling knowing that she hated relying on her. Chrysalis was a head strong mare that would rather injure herself than get help. The last thing Nightmare needed was for Chrysalis to collapse on her.

Chrysalis silently looked around at all the noble ponies walking around in eye-catching outfits made from many different varieties of fabrics. "It seems that it hasn't changed much since I was last here. Technological advancements but still the city of noble descent"

Chrysalis looked up at Nightmare "What even makes somepony a noble?"

"Most are white with blonde manes. It is the most regressive gene that we ponies have and can be easily polluted. When foals were born to noble families you could normal tell by the blue veins on their furless stomach upon birth."

"Mhm." Was all the changeling had to say.

Nightmare sighed swallowing her nerves "Chrysalis..."

The changeling leaned on her and looked up at her with adorably huge emerald eyes "Yes..."

Nightmare shuffled on her hooves "N-Nevermind." She whispered losing her nerve. The changeling tilted her head but didn't say anything about it.

After a while, the two found a hotel and walked up to their room.

"I mean I feel bad that we left North on such short notice"

"I agree but she didn't need to provide for us both and I was planning it before I even met you" Nightmare said unlocking their hotel room.

Chrysalis burst into the room and dived onto the bed "It's been awhile since I've been taken into an hotel room" She winking at the alicorn. Nightmare shook her head chuckling at the innuendo as she unlatched the bags from her waist.

Chrysalis was busy rolling around in the soft sheets "How many bits do we have left?"

Nightmare shook her head "Don't worry about it" She muttered crawling under the blankets.

Chrysalis turned towards her "When you say don't worry about it, I'm gonna worry about it anyway. It's my nature to do the opposite of what you say"

Nightmare chuckled "Ok Miss. It's in my nature." She replied rolling her eyes.

Chrysalis flopped onto the alicorn's back and sighed "I have the most comfortable marefriend ever..."

Nightmare blushed at being openly called her marefriend but also puffed up in pride from the compliment.

Chrysalis gasped "Oh my Moon, Nightmare is actually taking a compliment! Somepony, call the press!"

"Shut up" The alicorn huffed sticking her tongue out. Chrysalis giggled and booped her nose "It's cute when you act silly. You're always so quiet and uptight" She complained in a soft whisper. Nightmare licked Chrysalis' cheek making the changeling shiver from horn to hoof.

"Somepony needs to have a level head or we would both be in the dungeons. Especially with your natural ability to insult short ponies."

Chrysalis hummed softly "North had it coming for calling me your marefriend"

Nightmare raised an eyebrow "Is that a bad thing? I don't recall a time when she was wrong."

Chrysalis huffed looking away "I thought you were supposed to be on my side"

"Not how a relationship works" Nightmare retorted crawling out of the bed and walking into the bathroom.

Chrysalis rolled onto her back and began looking through her holed hooves like a telescope "You know Nighty, I don't think this is the true Nightmare Moon. You're always hiding something. I mean, I won't judge you if you're as crazy as the real me"

Nightmare fell silent followed by the sound of water pounding against the floor

After a few minutes, She finally replied "I don't want to hurt you..."

"You think I can't handle you?"

"I don't think... I know you can't"

"What's so bad that I can't handle the big evil black alicorn with a phobia of anything solar"

Nightmare shot her a glare "Too far."

Chrysalis shrugged

"She's just sadistic and vengeful with little compassion for anything. She... doesn't understand relationships but longs for one. That's why I changed, why I'm so different from the way I used to be..."

Chrysalis' ears twitched as the water turned off "So was I, at one point. I admit that I was at my lowest with Cadance's wedding"

"I hurt my own sister and could have killed her"

"Did you?"

"No because the elements blasted me to the moon"

"I beat Celestia, too. I could've killed her as well"

Nightmare had no retort for that.

"You're beating yourself up for something that every bad pony has done. Well... Except Sombra.... Well I can't even say that, he had his moment one thousand years ago" Chrysalis chuckled leaning on the bathroom doorway with a warm smile.

Nightmare nodded disheartened by the realization that she was in fact a bad pony. She already knew this but having her marefriend say it hurt.

Chrysalis' warm smile turned into a goofy smile as she saw Nightmare's frown "Nighty" she cooed

"What?"

"Love you"

Nightmare blushed deeply. Her face was a dark crimson that traveled all the way to the tips of her ears. She was not expecting the phrase to be said. Her mind was running rampant with thoughts.

Was she joking? How could she love me? Why am I surprised? Respond to her, you incompetent foal!

Nightmare opened her mouth and came up with the incredible response of.








"H-Huh?"

Chrysalis cracked up laughing leaving the alicorn to literally facehoof in shame.

"Stop laughing! You said it out of the blue"

Chrysalis held her stomach as she laughed harder.

"I'm sorry it was just"

Another giggle.

"All that build up and thought on your face for you to just say... Huh?"

Nightmare sighed but it eventually turned into a smile seeing her marefriend so happy.

"You really are something special..."