• Published 16th Jul 2018
  • 1,853 Views, 140 Comments

Ummm... Princess Luna? - Discord The Narrator



Summer Sun Celebration comes with more than Nightmare Moon's return... Because there's another visitor...

  • ...
13
 140
 1,853

Summer Sun Celebration?

As Jimmy arrived at the Town Hall, he saw that everypony was already inside, only a few still entering. He glanced at the Moon, only to see four stars that seemed to approach towards it.

"If I'm not mistaken, I already know what's going to happen." Jimmy thought, as he went inside the Town Hall.

It didn't take too long for him to find the Mane 6, but they were not together. Twilight, Pinkie and Spike at one side; Rainbow and Applejack at the other; Rarity was beside the curtains, ready to open them when the moment came; and Fluttershy had the musical part with a few chirping birds.

Everypony was ready for the beginning of Summer Sun Celebration, and also careful, as they heard Jimmy's warning about what would happen that night.

In the meantime, Pinkie was telling Twilight how excited she was with everything that was happening during the day.

Just a few moments later, Mayor Mare appeared, and everypony knew what that meant: the moment had finally come.

"Fillies and gentlecolts!" Mayor Mare started speaking, "As Mayor of Ponyville, it is my great pleasure to announce the beginning of the Summer Sun Celebration!"

"In just a few moments, our town will witness the magic of the sunrise and celebrate this the longest day of the year!"

While Mayor Mare was talking, Jimmy and Twilight saw the stars surrounding the Moon moved until they touched it, and Nightmare Moon's silhouette vanished.

"And now, it is my great honor to introduce you the ruler of our land, the very pony who gives us the Sun and the Moon each and every day, the good, the wise, the bringer of Harmony to all of Equestria... Princess Celestia!" Mayor Mare concluded her speech as Fluttershy's birds sang and Rarity opened the curtains. Behind them...

Nothing. Princess Celestia wasn't there.

"She's gone!" Rarity exclaimed, after looking at the spot where Princess Celestia was supposed to be.

Everypony was surprised. What happened to their ruler?

They got the answer when, instead of Princess Celestia, a dark mist appeared. It looked like the night with shining stars.

The mist grew bigger and took the form of a powerful alicorn, and everypony knew who it was:

The Mare in the Moon...

The wicked mare of darkness...

Nightmare Moon.

Although Jimmy and the other ponies already knew about her arrival, they got equally shocked to see her. But they didn't let that affect them too much.

The first thing that Nightmare Moon saw was Jimmy himself, still in Princess Luna's body. That sight made the dark alicorn turn angry.

"How can it be? Another me? What treachery is this?" Nightmare Moon said.

"I'm just a copy of your old self!" Jimmy said.

"And where do you come from, if I may ask?" Nightmare Moon said.

"From the human world." Jimmy said confidently.

That answer amused as much as it did with the other ponies.

"The human world... Marvelous. After I'm done with this one, you will show me the way for yours." Nightmare Moon said, celebrating her future victory with a laugh.

"Don't get too excited, Nightmare Moon." Twilight said, making the alicorn turn to see the rest of ponies.

"Oh, somepony knows my name. And I suppose you also know why I'm here?" Nightmare Moon said.

"To bring eternal night to Equestria. You see, everypony here knows about you, Nightmare Moon. And that's why we won't let you take this town!" Twilight said.

Unicorns had their horns ready for spells.
Pegasi were flying around.
Earth ponies were also prepared for what could happen.

But Nightmare Moon had other plans, so she turned back to her mist form and escaped from the Town Hall. Jimmy and the Mane 6 went behind, only to see their current enemy fleeing.

"Ugh! I think I could have chased her." Rainbow said.

"Do ya remember who she is? She could easily outsmart ya with just one spell." Applejack said.

"Whatever are we going to do now?" Rarity asked, while Fluttershy hid behind her.

Just then, Jimmy came up with an idea.

"The Elements of Harmony!"

"The what now?" Applejack asked.

"They are powerful gems that can be used for defeating Nightmare Moon. Twilight, is there any book at the library with information about the Elements?" Jimmy said.

"Hmmm... I think so. Let's go to the library and see." Twilight replied.


A while later, the library was a mess, with books scattered across the floor as everypony tried to find the book about the Elements of Harmony.

"Ugh! This is just a waste of time! We'll never find it!" Twilight complained.

"The Elements of Harmony: A Reference Guide." Pinkie read on a book.

"What? How did you find it?" Twilight asked, curious to know.

"It was under E!" Pinkie happily said.

Jimmy tried not to giggle as Twilight got serious.

"Anyways, let's see what the book says about the Elements." Jimmy said. Twilight nodded, opening the book with her magic.

Thanks to the book, Jimmy and the others discovered that there were five Elements existing actually, and the location of the sixth one was a mystery. It also said that the last known location of the Elements was at the Castle of the Two Sisters, which in turn was in the middle of the Everfree Forest.

There was that big difference between entering the forest at day and doing the same thing at night. The darkness made the forest look more sinister and dangerous.

But Jimmy and his friends were not going to give up on their mission.

"Ok, let's go! Only with the Elements we'll be able to defeat Nightmare Moon!" Jimmy said, while Twilight and the others nodded, determined to win.

And with that, they went towards the Everfree Forest. That enormous maze of trees was the only way to reach the Castle of the Two Sisters...

And the long-imprisoned alicorn who would turn into the new ruler sooner or later...