• Published 16th Jul 2018
  • 1,853 Views, 140 Comments

Ummm... Princess Luna? - Discord The Narrator



Summer Sun Celebration comes with more than Nightmare Moon's return... Because there's another visitor...

  • ...
13
 140
 1,853

Mission: Get the Elements

As everypony entered the Everfree Forest, Jimmy thought about something:

He was in the first episodes of MLP. Thanks to him, the ponies reacted in a different way when Nightmare Moon arrived at Ponyville. And even if he had currently transformed into Princess Luna, his presence and his actions changed the episodes.

That meant one thing: Jimmy already knew Nightmare Moon would have got some traps ready inside the forest. And if he helped Twilight and her friends with the traps, they would probably not realize where the Elements of Harmony were.

So Jimmy couldn't help them, but he could neither wait in Ponyville, as he wanted to see them in action. And for that reason, he decided to just go with them and be a spectator.

"I'll do this for them." Jimmy said, as he continued his way.


The first place was a mountainside. Jimmy and the others crossed it, while Rainbow tried to scare them, much to Applejack's dismay.

Suddenly, everything began to shake, causing the mountainside to collapse and make everypony slide down.

"Come on, we gotta help them!" Jimmy said. He, Rainbow and Fluttershy, being the ones with wings, were able to fly, grabbing Rarity and Pinkie.

Meanwhile, Jimmy saw Twilight about to fall down, but Applejack was holding her. Listening closely, he heard Applejack.

"What I'm sayin' to you is the honest truth. Let go, and you'll be safe."

Twilight seemed to believe what Applejack said, because she let go, screaming as she plummeted to the ground.

But Jimmy, Rainbow and Fluttershy flew below her so she ended up on top of them.

"Phew..." Twilight couldn't think about a proper way of thanking them.

They descended Twilight to the ground as Applejack jumped between rocks. When everypony had landed down, they continued their way.


A while later, they found something blocking the way...

A manticore.

Twilight and the others, except for Fluttershy, tried to subdue the manticore, but it resisted all of their attacks.

The manticore tried to scratch Rarity, but she kicked it on its face.

"Take that, you ruffian!" With that sentence, Rarity only encouraged the manticore, who roared at her, ruining her mane.

"My hair!" Rarity exclaimed, but then she remembered what was in front of her and she ran away, the manticore chasing her.

"Wait..." Fluttershy said, but Applejack had already jumped on top of the manticore, and there was some sort of rodeo until the beast got rid of Applejack.

Rainbow was next. Ignoring Fluttershy's attempt to call them, she tried to envelop the manticore inside a circular rainbow, only to get hit by its scorpion tail, getting thrown in front of the others.

Jimmy and the others decided it was enough, and they started running towards the manticore...

"WAAAIT!" Fluttershy exclaimed, finally getting everyone's attention. Then, she approached the manticore.

Twilight and her friends feared the worst, but they saw Fluttershy caressing the manticore, who showed her one of it's paws, which had a big thorn stuck on it.

As Fluttershy got it off, the manticore grabbed her... and started licking her with a smile on its face. Happy with that, the others walked past them, getting away from the manticore, while Twilight and Jimmy waited for Fluttershy.

"How did you know about the thorn?" Twilight asked, curious about what happened.

"I didn't. Sometimes, we all just need to show a little kindness." Fluttershy said, making her friends smile as they continued their way.


Later, they went across an area where the vegetation was so thick that they couldn't see anything.

Then, sinister faces appeared on the trees surrounding them. Jimmy and everypony else were trully scared.

However, they saw Pinkie wasn't scared. In fact, she was laughing at the faces.

"Pinkie, what are you doing? Run!" Twilight said.

"Oh girls, don't you see?" Pinkie replied.

And then, she started singing a song, which Jimmy recognized.

"Wait a minute. Giggle at the Ghostly!" He thought.

As Pinkie sang, everypony laughed along with her, and that made the faces on the trees disappear.

That good dose of laughter made them capable enough to continue their way.


The next obstacle they found was a river, blocked by something. They discovered it was a sea serpent, and it was... crying?

"Oh, is that... Steven Magnet?" Jimmy thought as he looked at the sea serpent.

"Excuse me, sir. Why are you crying?" Twilight asked to Steven.

"Well, I don't know. I was just sitting here, minding my own business, when this tacky little cloud of purple smoke just whisked past me and tore half of my beloved mustache... clean off! And now I look simply horrid!!" Steven explained, as he continued crying.

While that sounded ridiculous for the others, Rarity seemed to be the only one who was actually worried, as she approached the sea serpent.

She complimented Steven for his scales, his mane and his manicure, but then she reminded him of his ruined mustache.

"It's true, I'm hideous!!" Steven said, trying to cover himself.

"I simply cannot let such a crime against fabulosity go uncorrected!" Rarity said, as she ripped one of Steven's scales.

Everyone stood in shock as Rarity used the scale to cut off her own tail, which she attached to Steven's mustache.

"That still surprises me, no matter how many times I watch the episode." Jimmy thought.

"Ohohohoho! My mustache! How wonderful!" Steve said, now happy.

Jimmy and the others were worried about Rarity, but she calmly assured them that her tail would grow back.

"Oh! We can cross now! Let's go!" Twilight said as she started crossing the river. But then, the ground below her rose up.

No, wait. It was Steven!

"Allow me!" He happily said, as he used his body as a bridge for Jimmy and the others to cross.

"Hey, Jimmy!" Pinkie said.

"Yes, Pinkie?"

"Something tells me you already knew who the sea serpent was! Am I riiiiight?" Pinkie said, smiling.

"Oh... Maybe?" Jimmy said, chuckling as they continued their way.


After the river, they finally arrived at the Castle of the Two Sisters. In her excitement, Twilight ran to the bridge, almost falling into the gorge because the other end of the bridge had fallen. But Rainbow saved her.

"What's with you falling of cliffs?" She said, smiling.

"Now, what?" Pinkie asked.

"Hey, Rainbow. You think you can fix the bridge?" Jimmy said.

"Sure thing!" Rainbow answered, before flying down the gorge and grabbing the bridge's fallen end, going to the other side for tying it to the rocks.

However, after a while, there was no trace of Rainbow anywhere.

"Rainbow! What's taking so long?" Twilight asked.

"Twilight, look!" Jimmy said, pointing at something between the fog covering the bridge.

"Oh, no..." Twilight said, as she noticed. At the other end of the bridge, Rainbow had encountered three mysterious Pegasi, clad in dark outfits. One of them, presumably the leader, looked at the bridge and her eyes started shining, making the fog grow thicker. Now, the others could neither see nor hear Rainbow.

Fortunately, just a few moments later, the bridge got fixed, and the fog dissipated as Rainbow reappeared. The other Pegasi had vanished.

Everypony cheered her as they finally crossed the bridge.

"See? I'd never leave my friends hanging." Rainbow said to Twilight as she flew.

"And that's the thing I love about Rainbow: her loyalty." Jimmy thought.

They had finally arrived at the Castle of the Two Sisters. They couldn't lose time, as they had to find the Elements of Harmony and use them.

And Jimmy tried not to think about what could happen if Nightmare Moon got them first...