• Published 10th Mar 2018
  • 597 Views, 4 Comments

Rice and Hay Don't Mix - Kairi_Yajuu



A Pocahontas style DBZ/MLP crossover. Where Gohan and Twilight meet and through no fault of their own are thrown into a war between their two worlds as one blames the other for the horrors unleashed upon themselves.

  • ...
3
 4
 597

Chapter 5: Ki and Magic! Trading Sciences of Energy!

Gohan laughed as he entered the castle. “Wow” he exclaimed “I didn’t expect that to feel so good. And you knew before even I did that there was something wrong. How did you do that?”

“Like I said” Twilight answered as she closed the doors behind them. “I could tell because you didn’t have a Cutie Mark. Even the girls in Sunset’s world have Cutie Marks.”

Gohan took a look at the castle and took note of every crystal that shimmered throughout it. “This place is amazing. I bet it took years to build.”

“Actually it just sort of appeared hehe.” Twilight said as she sat at one of the seats. “None of the girls are here so you can sit on one of their spots.” Gohan nodded and did just that, choosing the first one he saw which happened to be one with three butterflies printed on it.

“Just sort of appeared, huh?” Gohan looked around again. “Let me guess.” He turned to Twilight with a raised eyebrow and a slight grin “Magic.”

Twilight nodded, not understanding where the strange look came from. “Yes. Magic. Lots of crazy and wild things happen because of it here in Equestria. If you want, I can show you how to use it.”

Gohan’s eyes lit up. “Yes! I would love to learn how to use it. I figured out while we were outside that my ki doesn’t work in this world. I actually can’t sense any of it anywhere but your pegasi obviously have control of something if they’re able to fly with such small wings.”

Twilight shrugged. “Well, all creatures with wings are able to fly here. Well, almost all of them.” She shook her head as if that thought wasn’t important and continued on before Gohan could question it. “Let’s just talk about magic in Equestria, then.”

Twilight climbed down off of her chair and walked to a nearby door, opening it to reveal a closet full of teaching supplies. “I’m thinking of starting up a school about Friendship so I’ve been gathering supplies.” Gohan noticed Twilight’s horn begin to glow a light purple, then he saw objects in the closet glowing the same color. Clearly she was manipulating the chalkboard, chalk, eraser and books using this “magic” that she spoke of. Gohan was dumbfounded. She was levitating surrounding objects using her ki - er - magic. That was something he never considered doing back home.

“Now, first thing we do is what I taught Sweetie Belle. Simple levitation.”

Gohan nodded slowly. He wasn’t sure how to even begin.

Twilight brought in an apple from the kitchen and set it on the massive table. “Here. Now, channel the energy you feel within yourself into your horn.”

“Ah - right - the energy within myself.”

“I know, I know, it’s hard to understand unless you’ve felt it all your life. But that’s the best way to explain it.”

“It’s not that.” Gohan interjected. “It’s just that ki in my world works the same way. Well, except the horn part. We focus our energy either on our hands or feet depending on where we want it and every living creature has this energy. We just call it ki instead of magic.”

“Wait, didn’t you say it DIDN’T work the same?”

“Well, I thought it didn’t but I guess I was just skipping part of the process. How does it work again, focus on my horn?”

Gohan took to the magic like a fish to water. It took him a few hours and a lot of tries but he was able to get the hang of levitating the apple.

Before he knew it it was night. Gohan’s eyes grew wide. “Oh no! I should be home by now! Mom will find out I skipped school and kill me!”

Twilight frowned. “What? You skipped school to see me? Wait, someone of your age is still in school? Then again, the people in Sunset’s world were still in school too, hm.”

“Twilight, you can ponder about this later. Right now I really really really need to get home!!”

“Of course.” Twilight smiled. “Just a simple teleportation spell to the mirror outside and you’ll be on your way home.”

She wasn’t lying. They were both enveloped in a light and before he knew it, Gohan was teleporting. Much like his dad’s instantaneous movement technique. Gohan was beyond amazed at the extent of this world’s magic but he could study it later, for now he had to get home.

“Wait.” Twilight stopped him before he could step through the portal. “Will I get to see you again?”

Something about that question and those eyes said something deeper than Gohan was expecting but he shook that thought away and smiled. “Definitely. I’m off school tomorrow so we can hang out all day. I may even bring my brother along - er - if that’s okay with you.”

Twilight smiled back at him and nodded. “Of course. You heard Applejack. We love making new friends. Don’t forget, though, you promised to show me your world and teach me about your ki manipulation.”

Gohan gave one last nod and with that he was off. Luckily nothing happened to the portal while he was gone. This area was always a special place for their family because of how peaceful it was. No dinos, no saber tooth tigers, no people, just a few apple trees, lots of flowers and a beautiful lake. It was the perfect spot.

It took a couple of steps to get used to walking on two legs again but soon enough Gohan was running through the forest and even less time passed before he was back in the air, flying home as the cold night air nipped at his skin.

Hopefully he wouldn’t be too grounded for too long.

Comments ( 1 )

Consider me intrigued as to where this goes.

To the Tracking List!! :pinkiehappy:

Login or register to comment