• Published 2nd Jan 2018
  • 3,758 Views, 8 Comments

Times We Cherish 4 - KalenNighteyes



Twilight, while spending her weekends with Sunset, always insists on sleeping on her girlfriend's couch when she's there. However, this time Sunset will not take no for an answer and Twilight begins understand why sleeping in the same bed is special.

  • ...
3
 8
 3,758

Times We Cherish 4

Ever since I had my promise to Sunset at Christmas that I would be with her every weekend, things had started progressing faster between us. That wasn't really a hard thing to have happen honestly. It was like we were a new couple all over again. Excited just to be around one another no matter what we were doing. Being able to hold her hand or even just lean over and give her a simple kiss on the cheek was something that the both of us really enjoyed being able to do. We had, in almost every way, become a normal couple. For two and a half days out of the week, I was able to just relax and be myself with the woman I loved. No worrying about any friendship problems in Equestria because I knew that I left it good hands with my friends there. I was able to relax and it felt so good to do so.

This weekend was no different. Sunset met me at the portal as she usually does. We had a moment to ourselves there, then we headed into town to meet up with the others at Sugar Cube Corner for a drink and chit chat about what they had all done over the week. Well, it was more to fill me in on the goings on here and I would tell them interesting things that happened with me in Equestria. Though I was in human form, it felt just like being back home, like I never really leave except for the fact I don't have to work. It was something I valued quite a lot and not something I would ever see myself giving up.

After meeting with the girls and spending some time walking around the mall, we all went our separate ways for the evening. Rainbow and AJ headed off to do their own evening date. Rarity went home to work on the Valentines dance dresses along with Fluttershy. Pinkie did what ever Pinkie does here. Probably plotting for the dance already, trying to make it twice as good as the last dance that was had.

As for Sunset and I, we ended up back at her loft and in our pajamas for the rest of the evening. She continued to teach me how to play the guitar some, we curled up on the couch together and watched a movie or two, and then finally we decided it was late and that we should probably go to bed. Lately on my stays here I'd been sleeping on the couch. I didn't want to crowd Sunset in her bed. She would insist it wasn't an issue and she'd like the company there. I was usually able to talk her down and I'd end up with the couch as my bed. However, this weekend was different. This weekend she didn't take no for an answer.

“Really Sunset, I don't mind sleeping here on the couch. You know that,” I said.

Sunset shook her head. “I don't care! There's absolutely no reason for you to trap yourself on my couch. Besides, I don't understand how you can even sleep on the thing. Getting a leather couch was the worst choice I ever made. It's so squeaky when you move around on it. I hear it every time you adjust!”

I giggled. “I'm sorry. I didn't know it woke you.”

“Well, it does! And you know what?” she said, walking over to me.

“What?”

Sunset gave a sly smirk, then sat down sideways on my legs, put her arm around my neck and looked at me. “If you don't come sleep in the bed with me, I'll just sleep out here on the couch with you! Better get comfortable!”

I gave a playful squeal as she pushed back against me, making me fall against the back of the couch. “You would do something like wouldn't you? The couch is already uncomfortable enough as it is!”

“Ah ha! I knew it!” She pulled back slightly and looked up at me. “You hate this couch too! That settles it. I'm getting a new one as soon as I can. Now come on,” she said, standing up and taking my hand. “To the bed room.”

I gave a smile as she tugged at my hand, trying to pull me up. “All right, all right. You win. I'll come sleep in the bed with you.” I allowed myself to be pulled to my feet and led into the bedroom.

“Good. Besides, it's not the first time you've slept in my bed. Remember when you came here after the stuff with Rainbow in Equestria? You slept in my bed that time,” she said, closing the door behind us.

I blushed. “Well… I didn't really sleep if you remember. I was up all night worrying.”

“Right,” she said, giving me an apologetic look as she walked around to the other side of the bed. “Sorry for bringing that up.”

“Oh, no need to apologize. I'm past all of that now. I have you to thank for that,” I said, helping her pull back the blankets.

Sunset bit her lower lip and blushed slightly. “I try.”

After finishing with the blankets, we both climbed into bed and snuggled up to one another. I could feel my cheeks burning as we laid there in each other's arms. I could look into her aqua eyes and just feel so at peace being there with her. I also felt my heart flutter slightly when she gave me a smile as she looked into my eyes. I had the urge to kiss her and I listened to it. As our lips met, my heart began racing and I pulled her in tighter to me, wrapping my arms more securely around her.

After that moment passed, we pulled away from one another, breathless. I'd kissed Sunset before, but the feeling I got just before I kissed her this time was something entirely new.

“Mmm… What was that for?” Sunset asked.

I shook my head and smiled at her. “I don't know… I just got the urge to do it. I just felt so happy looking at you that I just had to kiss you. Nothing was going to stop me in that moment. I just had to.”

“I guess coming to sleep in bed with me wasn't a bad choice after all,” she said.

I shook my head. “Not a bad idea at all. I will have to do it more often now that I know just how easy it is for me to get lost in those eyes of yours.”

She cocked an eyebrow. “Hey, speak for yourself. That shade of purple you've got going on there in your eyes is probably my most favorite color. I'd decorate my whole loft with it but…”

“But?”

Sunset's hand found it's way to my cheek, which she caressed gently. “It just wouldn't do the color justice. You are what make that color special to me. I'd like to hold onto that.”

I placed my hand over hers and pulled it to my lips, giving it a gentle kiss as I did so. “How do you always know exactly what to say to make me feel special?”

She squeezed my hand. “I don't know, but I'm glad I can make you feel special.”

I smiled, gave her another quick kiss on the lips, then rolled over. I felt her push in closer to me and wrap her arm around me. I heard her give a yawn, which in turn made me yawn.

“Well, good night Sunset. I love you,” I said.

“Mm… I love… you too Twi...light,” she said, trailing off.

“Sunset?”

When there was no response, I laid there for a moment and listened. I could hear her breathing softly and evenly, which signaled to me that she had fallen asleep. I gave a smile, then interlaced my fingers with hers and closed my eyes. In the moments before I fell asleep, I took the time to think on how grateful I was to have Sunset and how I would never again insist on sleeping on her uncomfortable couch. This closeness was something I liked and that I would always cherish.

Author's Note:

Man... I can't tell you the inspiration that cover image gave me when I came across it. This is probably one of the more effortless stories I've written in a while. I think the last time I had such an inspiration streak was with the first Times We Cherish story and that was over a year ago! Anyway, I hope that you enjoyed this one. Thanks, as always, for reading.

Also, I'd like to take a moment to thank Allykitty for taking the time to pre-read for me and make sure I don't screw anything up! Thank you so much!

Comments ( 8 )

Dammit why is this so good

There aren't even any action scenes and it melted my heart.

10/10 will recommend to a non-brony friend

I’m mentioned! :pinkiehappy:

From one abuser of smiling characters to another: your prose will read more smoothly if you use "smile" as a verb instead of having characters "give" each other smiles all over the place. Go active voice over passive wherever you can!

(This includes modified, "playful" smiles. Adverbs are absolutely a valid tool to be used in moderation, regardless of what you heard Stephen King say that one time. :pinkiehappy:)

8645169
Thank you for pointing that out! I'm always looking for positive feedback about my writing and I appreciate it greatly when it is given. I try to improve my writing as much as I can, so this will help. Thank you very much!

I love these stories so much. Please keep writing them.

So glad to see you added some more stories to this relationship. Very heartwarming.

8653915
Yeah. It took me a little time, but I finally added more! I'm glad you enjoy them! Thank you for reading! :twilightsmile:

I can't believe I missed this in my notifications. :rainbowhuh: I'm loving this series. Please don't stop. :twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment