• Published 1st Jan 2018
  • 4,460 Views, 86 Comments

Through the Mirror - MiraculousDragonMaster



What if instead of Spike, it was all of the Mane 6 that entered into the parallel world to get back Twilight's crown back from Sunset Shimmer? Along with the help of a different group of friends who had their friendship broken?

  • ...
6
 86
 4,460

Meeting Cheese and Spike

Author's Note:

A/N: Hey there, everyone. AAH! *dodges a cupcake* *licks some frosting off*

Mmm, chocolate. My favorite. *sees more cupcakes ready to be thrown* But please don't toss more! I won't taste good in chocolate. I'm sorry for taking so long. School just finished, and I can't exactly spend all of my time writing, no matter how much I want to.

Anyway, I hope this will retract your chocolate covered weapons of assault. Enjoy Chapter 8 of Through the Mirror! Roll it! And please, put away the cupcakes unless you're gonna eat them.

When you're done reading, please let me know what you think!

Through the Mirror

Chapter 8

Meeting Cheese and Spike

Soon, the Mane 6 entered the gym where the Fall Formal was to be held. There were tons of balloons and streamers hung around the walls.

"Incoming!" Someone warned. Suddenly, a swarm of streamers came raining down on them. They all ducked for cover until the streamers cleared up.

As they all stood back up, they saw a boy with curly brown hair, mustard yellow skin, and green eyes. He wore a light gray shirt underneath a bright yellow one, jeans with a mark of a cheese sandwich on one of the pockets, and yellow sneakers. For some reason, Pinkie felt like she couldn't tear her eyes away from this boy.

He took out a balloon from one of his pockets and began to blow it. Twilight got up and came over to him. "Hi. My name's Twilight Sparkle, and I'm here to-" She stopped herself when the boy turned around to face her, and she dodged the balloon that was in his grip.

But then, his eyes widened when he saw Pinkie. He was so startled that he released the air from the balloon and it blew back in his face.

He then zipped over to Pinkie. "What are you doing back so early?" He asked.

Pinkie repeated the story that she and the other girls made up, and the boy seemed to buy it. "And I think I must be seeing things because you are with them." He pointed to Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy and Rarity behind Pinkie.

"We made up." Pinkie said. "Everything's good now, thanks to Twilight here." She gestured to Twilight, who waved nervously.

"Nice to meet you." The boy said. "The name's Cheese Sandwich."

"It's nice to meet you, too." Twilight returned the greeting. "Discord said this is where we'll find the head of the Fall Formal planning committee." Twilight said.

Cheese was blowing up another balloon when he got a frown on his face. "Discord, huh?" He asked bitterly. He tied up the balloon. "His name speaks everything. He can be a real party pooper."

"You two aren't friends?" Pinkie asked him, but realized too late what she had said, and covered her mouth with her hands.

However, Cheese didn't seem to get her mistake as a slip-up. He just shrugged it off and turned over to Twilight. "You waited a bit long to get your name on the ballot." He said. "Dance is the day after tomorrow."

"I'm brand new here." Twilight explained.

Cheese gazed at her. "Thought you didn't look familiar." Then, he started zipping around her. "Though, now that I'm really looking at you," he stopped and gave her some space, "do you have a twin sister who lives in the city?"

Twilight thought about an answer. "Um... maybe?" She decided to say.

Cheese smiled. "Thought so." Then, he zipped over to the table and grabbed a clipboard and paper. "Anyway, just need to fill this out and you are officially up for the coveted Princess of the Fall Formal crown."

He handed Twilight a ballpoint pen, who took it in her hand. Realizing that she can't use her magic to write, she opted for her mouth. Before she could, Pinkie stopped and took the pen.

"Allow me, Twilight." She said, giving her a wink. Twilight wanted to ask, but decided against it. Pinkie then used her hand to write Twilight's name on the ballot. She then handed the pen back to Cheese, who had a confused look on his face.

"What was that about?" He asked Pinkie. "She acted like she'd never held a pen before?"

Pinkie giggled nervously. "Really, huh?" She asked. "Well, her handwriting is pretty bad. You wouldn't be able to read it."

Suddenly, the gym doors opened. "Hey, there." A familiar voice called out. "Did somebody order a dozen cases of fizzy apple cider?" It asked.

"I did!" Cheese said. "Just set them down over there." He pointed to a table near the entrance.

The figure then wobbled over to the table and placed the couple of cases down on it with an exhausted huff. The figure turned out to be a very familiar face. It was like a human version of Spike! The girls' jaws dropped.

This Spike had purple skin instead of scales, spiky green hair that replaced his spines, his green eyes were normal, not draconic, and he was much taller, up to the girls' height. He wore a neon green shirt under a purple hoodie, jeans, and light green shoes. On his hoodie was a dragon head sewn onto the side of the zipper.

Spike wiped some sweat off his head. "Hey, can you bring in the rest?" He asked to someone who was out of the entrance.

"Eeyup." A familiar voice answered as a taller figure came out. Applejack recognized that voice. It was a human version of her older brother, Big Macintosh. She hid behind Rainbow Dash so that she would avoid possible questions from this version of her brother.

Spike took another case from Big Mac and was about to place it on the table, but stopped when he saw Twilight. "Hey, I know you." He said.

"You do?" Twilight asked nervously.

Spike smiled. "Sure." He said. "You're that new girl who gave Sunset Shimmer a piece of her mind today." He took out a bottle of fizzy cider and tried to pull the cap off.

Cheese came over and helped him pull it off. "Twilight Sparkle here is gonna run against Sunset Shimmer for Princess of the Fall Formal."

Spike almost dropped the bottle, but luckily caught it and put it on the table. "You really have a death wish, then." He said to Twilight. "She might swallow her pride and act all nice to you, but then, when you least expect it, she'll stab you in the back."

Cheese demonstrated that with two balloons, one that had Sunset's face drawn on it with black marker, and the other having Twilight's. Then, he popped Twilight's balloon with a needle.

Spike brushed off a piece of balloon off his head. "Well, the only guy you can trust less than Sunset is Soarin'."

Rainbow Dash recognized that name, since it was the name of one of the Wonderbolts back in Equestria. "Soarin'?" She asked.

Cheese bounded by while riding a humongous balloon, making Pinkie gape in amazement. "He's been your co-captain on almost all the sports teams here in Canterlot High."

Spike then got a frown on his face. "He's also the co-captain of saying he's gonna do something for you and your friends, and then turning around and not even bothering to show up."

Applejack and Rainbow glanced at each other. So it seems that Cheese and Discord weren't the only ones having some possible bad blood between them.

Twilight then came over to Spike. "Thanks for the advice, Spike, but this is something I really need to do." She said.

Spike shrugged in defeat. "Suit yourself, then." But then, he realized something. "Hey, how did you know my name is Spike?"

Twilight froze while Rarity slapped her forehead. "Um..." She trailed off nervously. "Didn't you say?" She asked, hoping that there was a safety point.

"Nope." Big Mac answered. He then thought he saw someone hiding behind Rainbow Dash. He peeked to get a better look, but Applejack quickly hid behind Rarity to avoid being seen.

Twilight thought that now was a good time to make an exit. "Well, it sure was nice meeting you both." She said quickly, taking Pinkie and Fluttershy by the hand and started to drag them out of the gym, with Rarity, Rainbow and AJ following behind. "I'm sure I'll be seeing you around." With that, the Mane 6 zipped out of the gym.

Cheese came over to Spike. "I think she's hiding something." He said.

For once, Spike agreed with his peculiar friend. "Yeah." He said. "And did you notice the others? One week, they couldn't stand each other so much, they wouldn't even be in the same room, and the next, they're acting like they're all in on a secret."

"Do you think she brainwashed them?" Cheese asked with a gasp.

Spike shook his head. "No, she doesn't seem like the person who would do that sort of thing."

Suddenly, the gym doors slammed open with a BANG! Everyone turned to see Sunset Shimmer entering the gym with Snips and Snails trailing behind her.

"This looks terrible!" She exclaimed as she started walking around the gym. "There should be more streamers and fewer balloons." She grabbed a balloon and popped it.

"Yeah, streamers!" Snips repeated as he tossed a streamer roll over to Cheese who barely caught it.

"And fewer balloons!" Snails echoed as he knocked down a pole that had balloons tied around it.

Sunset picked up a bottle of fizzy cider. "Fizzy apple cider?" She asked, then gagged. "This is my coronation, not a hoedown."

Spike grabbed the bottle away from Sunset and placed it back on the table. "Well, it's not exactly gonna be your coronation this time." He said with a glare.

"Oh, is that so?" Sunset asked. "No wonder you mostly hang out with country folk. You're not really that bright."

Spike growled as he went over to Big Mac, who also looked angry.

"Obviously, it's gonna be my coronation." Sunset said proudly as she turned to walk away. "I'm running unopposed."

Cheese held up the ballot. "Not this time!" He said. "The new girl just signed up!"

"What?!" Sunset exclaimed. She took the ballot and read it.

"The weird thing is, she acted like she had never seen a pen before." Cheese added.

Sunset removed the ballot from her face to show a grimace. "Where is this Twilight Sparkle?" She asked to herself. But then, she realized that Cheese and Spike must have heard her. She laughed nervously. "I'm looking forward to meeting the competition." She said as she turned around and headed out of the gym. Cheese and Spike exchanged a glance. She's definitely up to something.

Sunset tossed the ballot away and stomped away with a glare. This new girl could ruin everything that she has worked for! Well, she wasn't going to let that happen.