• Published 1st Jan 2018
  • 4,449 Views, 86 Comments

Through the Mirror - MiraculousDragonMaster



What if instead of Spike, it was all of the Mane 6 that entered into the parallel world to get back Twilight's crown back from Sunset Shimmer? Along with the help of a different group of friends who had their friendship broken?

  • ...
6
 86
 4,449

A Problem Finally Resolved

Through the Mirror

Chapter 11

A Problem Finally Resolved

The next morning, the Mane 6 all woke up bright and early to warm sunlight streaming through the glass ceiling of the library. They all stretched out their temporary human limbs and one by one, stood up from their makeshift beds. Rarity made sure that each of them were more "presentable" before they tackled the day.

"Good morning, students, and happy Thursday." The voice of Principal Celestia came up on the PA system. "Just a reminder to pick up your ballots for the Princess of the Fall Formal tomorrow night. They are due at the time the dance starts tomorrow night, so don't forget to turn them in and make your voice heard."

As the announcement carried on throughout the school, the Mane 6 left the library. "Discord said I'd need to win over all those different groups if I wanna become Princess of the Fall Formal." Twilight said, holding a few papers in her hand. "So I've compiled a list of talking points."

"You made a list?" Rainbow Dash asked, pointing to the papers. "About what?"

"I'll start introducing myself, sprinkle in some things that I learned about their world into the conversation, show them how I fit in here!" Twilight explained her plan confidently before taking a deep breath. "Okay, girls. Time to make a good first impression on my fellow students. The whole world sort of depends on it."

The other girls all nodded in agreement, and they began walking through the halls, putting back on their charade of being normal human girls. But everywhere they went, they saw the students laughing and giggling at Twilight as she walked by them.

"Why is everybody looking at me funny?" She wondered aloud.

"You certainly don't look out of sorts." Rarity said. "You look like yourself."

"Then what's everyone's problem?" Applejack asked.

Suddenly, someone grabbed Twilight's arm and immediately pulled her into a spare and empty classroom. "Whoa!" She exclaimed. The other girls jumped and quickly followed her inside.

"What're you-? Why did you-?" Twilight was cut off by the person shutting the door behind him.

The boy had snow white skin, cerulean hair styled nicely on his head, and matching eyes. He wore a casual black dress shirt, dark gray pants, and spic-and-span black dress shoes. Sewn on the pocket of his shirt were three gold crowns. To Rarity, he was quite familiar.

"Fancy Pants?" She whispered.

The human version of Fancy Pants scanned all over Twilight's form, his eyes taking in every detail. "What do you think, Rarity?" He asked. "Would a nice aqua green be one of her colors?"

"Uh, well…." Rarity trailed off, not exactly sure what Fancy would suggest that. Even though she had to agree, such a nice shade of turquoise would look fantastic on Twilight. "For what, exactly?" She asked.

"For a disguise, of course." Fancy replied, as if it were obvious.

"Why would I need a disguise for?" Twilight asked him.

Just then, the other classroom door opened to reveal Spike. "There you girls are!" He exclaimed with a smile.

"So much for the plan coming to light." Fancy grumbled, as if he didn't like to see Spike in his sights.

"I've been lookin' all over for you six!" Spike continued, entering the classroom.

Discord then entered. "Me too."

"Me three!" Cheese Sandwich added, appearing from the ceiling. He then jumped down and zoomed over to Twilight. "Though I would agree with Fancy that you should lay low for a while."

"Oh, now you decide to take some of my advice?" Fancy said coldly. "After all the times you seemed like you don't care."

"What?!" Cheese exclaimed in disbelief, clenching his fists.

"Why do you think he doesn't care?" Twilight asked. Her answer was all of the boys giving gestures of "don't ask", while Cheese was fighting back his anger, tensing up visibly. "No, never mind." She receded, and then focused on the main problem. "Why were you all looking for us?"

"What's going on?" Rainbow Dash added to the question.

The boys all shared concerned glances between each other. "Oh, they haven't seen it yet." Discord realized.

"Seen what?" Fluttershy asked.

Cheese Sandwich placed a bright blue thing on the table. The girls quickly realized that, thanks to Pinkie, it was called a laptop. Twilight sat down in front of it.

Cheese opened it up and pressed a couple of keys, and a video made yesterday showing all of the Mane 6 in the library the day before. It mainly showed Twilight acting all weird, while the others were trying to help her, and each other, understand how this world works.

The Mane 6 all froze in horror and embarrassment. "Oh, it's really not that bad." Cheese chuckled nervously, trying to reassure them.

But then, the voice of Sunset Shimmer came up. "Twilight Sparkle wants to be your Fall Formal Princess. But what does it say about our school if we give someone like this... such an important honor?" She taunted.

"Why that little stuck-up witch!" Applejack gritted her teeth, her face flushing a steaming bright red.

"I take that back. It's pretty bad!" Cheese said.

"Really, really bad!" Pinkie added, horrified by what she saw.

"But this all happened yesterday! At the library!" Twilight said, wondering how Sunset got her hands on this. But then, a horrifying thought came into her head, making her gasp. "Has everyone in the school seen this? Is that why they were all looking at me that way?" She asked.

The boys were all quiet, looking either at each other or the ground or the ceiling, anything to avoid meeting Twilight's eyes. Their hesitance was all the confirmation she needed.

"So much for becoming Princess of the Fall Formal." Rainbow grumbled, crossing her arms.

"What are we gonna do?" Twilight was panicking now, gripping the sides of her head. "No one's gonna vote for me after seeing this!" She gestured to the video.

"Not that it'll make any difference, but I'll still vote for you." Discord said. The reply was a thunk on the table from Twilight. "You were so nice to stand up for me when Sunset Shimmer was picking on me yesterday. And it's like I said, I would rather vote for someone else than that little witch if she wasn't the only one running."

"If ya still wanna run, maybe there's something I can do to help!" Cheese offered.

Discord rolled his eyes, and then leaned in closer to Twilight. "Word of advice? Don't accept his help. He doesn't take anything seriously!"

Cheese gritted his teeth. "Like you ever were serious before!" He said. "What did I ever do to you?"

"Don't play innocent, Mr. Cheese Sandwich! You are no better than he is!" Fancy retorted back, crossing his arms.

"And what is that supposed to mean?!" Cheese demanded.

Fancy ignored him and turned over to the Mane 6. "I am happy to offer up my assistance as well." He said to Twilight, before turning to glare at Cheese. "To someone who would appreciate what I have to offer!"

That did it for Cheese, and the two began viciously arguing, along with Discord getting caught up in the quarrel. The girls all listened to the shouts and accusations, glancing nervously at the boys and then at each other.

Spike had enough and tried to end it. "Listen to you guys carrying on like that!" He reprimanded. "Get over it and move on!"

Fancy however, wasn't going to stop there. "You mean like how you've gotten over what happened with Soarin?" He asked.

Spike felt his temper flare up. "He said he and Rainbow Dash would get the softball team to make an appearance at the bake sale I was helping AJ with." He said. "We tell everybody they're coming, and then not one of them shows up! He made a liar out of us! That's different!"

"Is not!" The other guys shouted.

"Is too!" Spike yelled back.

The arguing started back up again, but this time, Spike was roped into it as well. But it wasn't long before the girls had enough.

"STOP! All of you!" They all screamed.

"Honestly, boys. Where are your manners?" Rarity scolded, her arms crossed tightly.

"Fighting about something as stupid as these things that happened in the past is worth nothing to get in a brawl about!" Rainbow added, glaring fiercely at them.

"We want to show you something." Twilight said, trying to bring things calm again. She reached into her pack and pulled out the yearbook she and the others were looking through the night before. "You all were friends once, right?" She asked.
She opened the book to show the picture of the guys, along with Soarin, as young teens.

"The Freshman Fair. You guys remember?" Spike asked. The other guys nodded fondly, good memories from those days coming back to them.

"But something happened." Twilight said, closing the book. "I think that something was Sunset Shimmer."

"Well, it's a nice theory, miss, but Sunset Shimmer had nothing to do with it." Fancy replied.

"He's right." Discord agreed. "Sunset Shimmer isn't the one who ruined Fluttershy's silent auction for the animal shelter by bringing fireworks and noisemakers! It was supposed to be a serious event, and Cheese Sandwich and his girlfriend ruined it!"

Pinkie and Cheese would've blushed if the latter wasn't so indignant about the accusation. And if the former wasn't curious about what might happen.

"What are you talking about?" He demanded. "We both got a text from you and Fluttershy saying that you two didn't want a silent auction. You wanted a big party!" He took out a bright yellow device, which the Mane 6 learned was a phone, as proof and showed him the screen.

Discord looked surprised. "We never sent either of you a text!"

"You didn't?" Cheese asked.

"You don't think she's the one who's been sending me those e-mails, do you?" Fancy asked. "Every time Rarity and I volunteer to help with the decorations at a school function, one of us get an email from either Pinkie Pie or Cheese saying that they have plenty of volunteers! And then we find out they've done everything themselves."

"We never sent you any e-mails!" Cheese said, looking through his phone. He and Discord shared a glance as more puzzle pieces came into place.

"Maybe she's the reason Soarin and Rainbow Dash didn't show up for the bake sale!" Spike theorized.

"Didn't you ever ask Soarin why he and Rainbow Dash didn't show up?" Fluttershy asked him.

Spike chuckled sheepishly as he rubbed his arm. "Heh, I guess I kinda stopped talking to him at all after that."

Twilight smiled kindly at him. "Maybe now would be a good time to start." She suggested.

"Never too late to do the right thing!" Pinkie piped up cheerfully.

Spike smiled genuinely at the girls, who were all giving him signs of encouragement. It was worth a try.

But then, Twilight had a thought come to her head. "And actually, there's someone else that you guys should also make up with." She added.

The other girls caught onto what she was implying and nodded in agreement. "Ya fellers know a guy named Flash Sentry?" Applejack asked them.

The guys all froze at the name, and then shared a guilty glance with each other, knowing that the Mane 6 had a point.

Author's Note:

A/N: Sorry for taking so long on this. I've been trying to get some of my other projects out of the way first, and school is nearing the final leg of the semester.

This seems a little redundant to me, but it's the best I can do. The next chapter, the guys will make up with Flash and Soarin will finally be introduced.

Also, check out my wattpad story about this whole mess with Article 13. We still have a little bit of hope, and we're going to hang onto it. Hope you guys are willing to do the same.

Until Chapter 12, I'll see y'all! Please let me know about what you think.

Got to fly! ;)