• Published 1st Jan 2018
  • 4,460 Views, 86 Comments

Through the Mirror - MiraculousDragonMaster



What if instead of Spike, it was all of the Mane 6 that entered into the parallel world to get back Twilight's crown back from Sunset Shimmer? Along with the help of a different group of friends who had their friendship broken?

  • ...
6
 86
 4,460

Coming Up With a Plan

Through the Mirror

Chapter 13

Coming Up With a Plan

The six boys eventually took the girls to their old favorite hang out at a coffee shop that very much reminded the girls of Sugarcube Corner back in Ponyville. Everyone ordered some drinks, and Twilight was the last one to order.

“And... can I get mine with extra oats?” She asked the lady that looked very much like Mrs. Cake.

Mrs. Cake was confused by her request. “Oats?” She asked her.

Twilight briefly froze. She almost forgot for a quick moment that this wasn’t Ponyville, it was a very different world, and most likely, the people that are from here don’t really have oats on their drinks. “Uh, scratch that.” She recoiled. “However you normally make it is fine.”

The human Mrs. Cake handed Twilight her drink. She was about to walk away from the counter when she suddenly bumped into someone. Her drink splashed everywhere, and then clattered to the ground. Twilight, mortified, looked up and saw that she had once again bumped into Flash Sentry.

“We've got to stop bumping into each other like this.” He said, wiping off the whipped cream and sprinkles off his shirt.

Twilight felt embarrassed as she bent down to pick up her cup. However, Flash was doing the same thing, and then their hands touched. They looked at each other and flushed, removing their hands as the latter picked up the cup.

“You know me!” She giggled nervously as she tugged on a lock of her hair. “Always trying to make a big splash around here. 'Cause my drink kinda splashed... on the ground!”

Flash just smiled at her, slightly amused, making Twilight more flustered.

“I'm gonna go over there now.” She said, backing away, but she had bumped into the counter. Even more embarrassed, she headed back to where the others were sitting. Once she sat down, she blushed red and began twirling a lock of her hair.

“We saw that.” Rarity teased her, making her freeze from the way her friends were looking at her.

“Saw what?” Twilight asked, trying to attempt at playing clueless.

“Ya like him.” Applejack said, gently nudging her side with her elbow.

Twilight’s blush turned a brighter red. “N-No!” She exclaimed. “No, I don’t. Besides, he was Sunset Shimmer's ex-boyfriend.”

“Emphasis on the ‘ex’ part.” Rainbow Dash cut in.

Twilight just ignored her. “If what we learned about her is any indicator, she hasn’t done anything bad to him yet.” The girls became quiet at the point that she brought up. “Maybe she's just waiting until she has the power to do something really awful.”

Just then, Flash came over, holding two drinks, giving one to Twilight. She looked up at him curiously. “To make up for causing you to spill yours.” He explained.

Twilight blinked, but then smiled, taking the drink from him with both hands. “Thanks.” She said.

Flash just returned the smile as he sat down with his friends.

“All right, everyone.” Applejack said, starting the meeting. “Dance is tomorrow night, and we still don't know how we're gonna get Twilight the votes she needs to be named princess.”

Spike nodded in agreement. “Right now, people only know the Twilight from the video that that fiery witch, Sunset Shimmer posted online. We need to help 'em see her differently.”

Everyone else made noises of agreement as they tried to think of an idea.

Finally, Rarity had jumped from her seat. “I'VE GOT IT!” She exclaimed, making everyone in the café jump up from her surprising tone. She then cleared her throat. “I mean, um, perhaps I have a solution. Twilight, may I see that yearbook?”

“Sure thing, Rarity.” Twilight said to her fashionista friend, and then she reached into her backpack. Eventually, she pulled out the school yearbook. She then handed it to Rarity.

“Thank you.” She said, and she began flipping through the pages. Finally, she stopped at one photo in particular. “Now this may be an absolutely preposterous idea, but what if we all wore these as a sign of unity?”

She pointed to a single photo of some students who were standing together and a couple of them jumping up in the air. The students in the picture were wearing blue headbands with pale yellow pony ears on the top, and white ribbon sashes around their waists, having matching blue and yellow striped tails in the back.

Fancy Pants looked closely at the photo. “Ah, I see what you mean.” He said to her. “Freshman year, they were very, very popular. It was a way for everybody to show their school spirit!”

“Go, Canterlot Wondercolts!” Soarin said, pumping his fist up in the air, remembering the school cheer from when they were younger.

“We haven't sold any in ages.” Fancy said, looking back at Rarity.

“I think you may be onto something.” Flash said, rubbing his chin in thought. “I mean, the six of us are obviously very different, but deep down, we're all Canterlot Wondercolts!”

The other guys all nodded in agreement with him, as did the Mane 6. “Sunset Shimmer is the one who divided us, Twilight Sparkle is the one who united us.” Discord said.

“And we're gonna let everyone know it!” Cheese said, jumping up from his seat.

“Sounds awesome.” Rainbow agreed, liking the plan.

“But, how are we going to get all of the students to listen to us?” Fluttershy asked.

“With a smile and a song, anything is possible!” Pinkie said, waggling a finger, already having a plan in place.

Everyone else just smiled. Never question anything when it comes to Pinkie Pie. It's better that way.

Author's Note:

A/N: I know, this was a short filler chapter, but this is the best I can do with this one scene. The next chapter will have the cafeteria song, I promise. And I'm looking forward to writing it.

Until then, I'll see y'all! Please let me know about what you think.

Got to fly! ;)